Thank you Mike for posting this thread, and thanks to all of the Argofans who told their personal stories also.

My story is a mosaic of many of the above posts. I fell in love with the colour scheme in the mid 1970's , YES those baby blue uniforms. I think Chuck Ealey was our QB then. My passion morphed in to full blown fan when the Argo's acquired Condredge Holloway, who to this day is my favorite Argo. I have a clipping from the Toronto Star where Condredge is standing, hands on hips, looking extremely frustrated, under the caption, "Part Time Hero". Little did we know the excitement the Argo's would provide in 1982 and 1983.
I was also a minor hockey coach back in those days in Ajax Ont. Every single season I would bring my entire hockey team to an Argo game, I sold it to the parents as a "team bonding event" Hopefully a few of those players between 1981-2009 are Argofans today.
People talk about simple pleasures in life, one of my favorites is sitting outside in the summertime with my dog Cherry, enjoying a cold beer, while listening to the game on the radio. (and watching it later on he pvr).
This Argofan community, while small, has enabled me to meet some really nice folks through the years, and make a few life long friends.
(and yes, I still face paint from time to time)