Boatman
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level

How can we improve?

Hey gang.

What can we do to make your attending Argo games even better, won-loss record aside - that's beyond my purview.

I asked this question a year ago and several of your suggestions were implemented. From a major endeavour like the Argos App, to smaller things like throwing tee-shirts into the upper deck as well as the lower one. Some of your suggestions, like the App, were already on our radar, others weren't.

Please send your comments to me via DM and I promise I will circulate them to management in the new calendar year. That gives everyone over a month to contribute, though I will listen to ways to improve our product at any time.

I'd prefer to not make this an open bitch session, because that's counterproductive from my standpoint. Please don't list your suggestions/complaints here, please just send them to me directly. I will promise you that in return, all of your suggestions -no matter how realistic or unrealistic they are - will be shown to management, just like they were a year ago.

Once again I want to remind you that you're my eyes and ears as I'm in the booth and have never experienced an Argo game at BMO Field as a fan. I'm honestly asking how we as an organization can make your game-day experience as positive as possible. This is your chance to speak to management directly and honestly.

I'm anxiously awaiting your feedback. Thank-you in advance.

Hoagie
    Last edited by Mike Hogan; 11-15-2019 at 07:12 PM.

Boatman
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hogan View Post
    Hey gang.

What can we do to make your attending Argo games even better, won-loss record aside - that's beyond my purview.

I asked this question a year ago and several of your suggestions were implemented. From a major endeavour like the Argos App, to smaller things like throwing tee-shirts into the upper deck as well as the lower one. Some of your suggestions, like the App, were already on our radar, others weren't.

Please send your comments to me via DM and I promise I will circulate them to management in the new calendar year. That gives everyone over a month to contribute, though I will listen to ways to improve our product at any time.

I'd prefer to not make this an open bitch session, because that's counterproductive from my standpoint. Please don't list your suggestions/complaints here, please just send them to me directly. I will promise you that in return, all of your suggestions -no matter how realistic or unrealistic they are - will be shown to management, just like they were a year ago.

Once again I want to remind you that you're my eyes and ears as I'm in the booth and have never experienced an Argo game at BMO Field as a fan. I'm honestly asking on how we as an organization can make your game-day experience as positive as possible. This is your chance to speak to management directly and honestly.

I'm anxiously awaiting your feedback. Thank-you in advance.

Hoagie
    I would like to see some of the TSN broadcast on the big screen. Not just Argos but other cities as well if you attend a game. Half time comments, replays. Doesn't half to be much but could add to the experience. Even yourself on the big screen so we can hear and see you.

If there is a celebrity in the stands can't we see? I always hear after the game but I want to see for myself.

Would also like to have the local Usports football teams present and have the team and TSN acknowledge them on the big screen. Can involve others or other teams/people but we should do this if we can. I like the profiles of the players but do it for local U teams and some of their stars. We need to raise the profile of our players.

Sponsors need to take a bigger role and we need make them bigger than life, take the CFL truck of the year as an example, Dodge Ram, raffle off at the end of the year. Take the money to pay for the truck and give the rest to local sports teams. We are suppose to work tighter with TSN so this can be a way to promote the League/TSN/Sponsors and recipients. Pick the recipients before hand and draw for the truck at the end of the season. Every park do this. I can tell you one thing, I won't like it if I am a truck manufacturer and my truck is cut out of this.

Need to support the enterprises that support us. Giving away a corporate box for a game to say the Toronto Sun as an example, then acknowledging them at the game, "Say hello to the the Toronto Sun" good PR I should think.

Contest during down time - who is the oldest, youngest - keep calling them out on the camera until a winner. Raffle game worn Jersey from the previous game could be fun and engaging for the fans. Thats what its all about. You do a good job keeping everything flowing so thanks for that

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Please read the original post. Send Hoagie a direct message.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks for doing this, Hoagie.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Boatman
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Achievements:

Level
    This is a shameless bump. Just got back from vacation, will be replying to all the DMs and compiling the list. Thanks again for doing this. The list will be passed up the depth chart in the new year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks again Hoagie!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Looking at the schedule I think the 7:00 pm games in the summer should help put more people in those East side seats. You could cook an egg on those plastic seats in a July afternoon. Plus the more weekend games should allow fans who work in the city but live in the 905 to attend games. Tough to make it work on week nights.

Boatman
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    I've never understood why MLSE wont put paid duty cops out for traffic.
    BMO is a headache. All the cars come in from the south, then have to get to the north if they want to park in liberty. On site at the ex should be more affordable.
    But at the very least have a traffic plan. They do for leafs/raptors. They do at nfl stadiums.
    When you add in competing events at convention centre, concerts at ontario place etc. I don't see why we cant have a plan.
    Also the go tunnel is a HUGE liability waiting to happen.
    Love BMO but its a logistical nightmare.

Banned
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I am curious, to help me sell the Argos (and counter the haters) what initiatives or improvements went well in 2019.

You must have picked up on the Als newser where new owner Gary Stern said he didn't buy the Argos because they suck, that made the tweets Perhaps a retaliatory welcome to the league tweet is on the agenda?