Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Boatman
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Keeping Chamblin after the disastrous season would be a horrible mistake.
    It will be interesting to see who is picked as Offensive Coordinator by John Murphy.Pete Costanza or Ryan Dinwiddie could make things very uncomfortable for Mr.Chamblin.It's not good to have a lame duck coach whose on a short leash.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 862
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SkalbaniasGhost View Post
    It will be interesting to see who is picked as Offensive Coordinator by John Murphy.Pete Costanza or Ryan Dinwiddie could make things very uncomfortable for Mr.Chamblin.It's not good to have a lame duck coach whose on a short leash.
    Read an article by Dan Barnes of the Ottawa Sun stating Damon Allen had his agent contact CFL teams informing them he is seeking an OC position in the league.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I’m really hoping Naylor is wrong with this one, Chamblin’s last couple years as a HC (Riders and Argos) have been disastrous.
    Personally I’d like to see the team go in a different direction and put 2019 in the past, the team was ill prepared and Chamblin’s in game decision making piss poor.
    A couple of things to consider, if Chamblin returns and is perceived as a “lame duck” HC what kind of staff will he be able to assemble, also will free agents be a little reluctant to come to Toronto with him at the helm?
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    George Costanza should make Chamblin uncomfortable at this point.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    If Naylor is reporting it, there is almost certainly credence to this. IMO it would be a mistake both competitively and from a ticket-sales perspective, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see the overall plan.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I'm ok with Chamblin coming back. Even Trestman couldn't break 4-14 with a Jim Popp-assembled team. If Chamblin has better coordinators and assistants, everything will be fine.

And forget coaches for a minute, can we get this team some decent trainers and physical therapists? Our defense was dropping like flies. Remember that first game against Hamilton? Seemed like our players joints and ligaments were made of glass.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 355
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    It might be easier sell to fans, that this year will be different, if there is a complete house clearing.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    No, god please, NO!!!

I don’t want to hear “the team didn’t quit on him”, or “nobody could win with the lineup that Popp provided”, or “we messed up the Trestman firing, so he deserves a break....” He is not a good HC. His decisions ranged from weird to flat out dumb.

I get that you can’t change the coach every year, but you won’t be able to sell me, or many others, on this guy returning as HC. I’d rather have the promise of hope with new blood, then trying to say that it will be better in the second year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    The two best offensive coordinators in the game are coaching in tonight's Grey Cup. This isn't difficult - sign one of them as head coach!!
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    The two best offensive coordinators in the game are coaching in tonight's Grey Cup. This isn't difficult - sign one of them as head coach!!
    Condell is ready to make the next step IMO and would be a great hire, I’m still trying to rationalize the possibility of Chamblin coaching the Argos in 2020 (it’s not going so well).
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Nob View Post
    No, god please, NO!!!

I don’t want to hear “the team didn’t quit on him”, or “nobody could win with the lineup that Popp provided”, or “we messed up the Trestman firing, so he deserves a break....” He is not a good HC. His decisions ranged from weird to flat out dumb.

I get that you can’t change the coach every year, but you won’t be able to sell me, or many others, on this guy returning as HC. I’d rather have the promise of hope with new blood, then trying to say that it will be better in the second year.
    I agree with you, if the coach showed any promise then for sure give him a second chance but this team was so ill prepared and performed so badly this season that retaining Chamblin shouldn’t be considered.
    Chamblin 4-23 in his last 2 seasons as a CFL HC.
    Some very good candidates out there who should be pursued!!!!!!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Naylor isn’t reporting anything we already don’t know. Chamblin is still under contract and hasn’t been fired. If the Argos don’t sign another coach, then they might have to settle for Chamblin. Duh. It’s all speculation, much like the rumours of O’Shea a day earlier. None of this means anything. An insider, who only reporting “what if’s” is not reputable.

The Argos management is clueless if they retain Chamblin. His terrible record speaks for itself. It’s MLSE, so I don’t want to hear about any salary cap bull crap. Pay for the best man, and pay the penalties. This franchise can not afford to start the season losing.

Boatman
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by dmont View Post
    I'm ok with Chamblin coming back. Even Trestman couldn't break 4-14 with a Jim Popp-assembled team. If Chamblin has better coordinators and assistants, everything will be fine.

And forget coaches for a minute, can we get this team some decent trainers and physical therapists? Our defense was dropping like flies. Remember that first game against Hamilton? Seemed like our players joints and ligaments were made of glass.
    if we could stop them from running off with Marlies/Leaf players.....
    Our previous one dated Calle Rosen and he's off in Colorado this year

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I would be happy with either one, but at the same time, if the head coach is also the offensive coordinator, you can run into the same issues we had with Chamblin this past season where the head coach is too focused on one side of the ball, and not the overall team.

Personally, I would prefer proper structure. Get a head coach, and separate coordinators. I still am not giving up hope on O'Shea coming home where he belongs.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I stil have hope O'Shea will pull a Kawhi Leonard and go home. Their is a lot of rumblings surrounding some internal conflict between management, O'Shea, co-ordinators, all not seeing eye to eye. I think if O'Shea were to join the Argos, the team would really be his and Pinball's from top down. And trying to create this culture and turn it around might be a tempting challenge. But of course, all it takes is a contract extension to quash this. Maybe Osh was leaning towards leaving but now wants a pay bump to remain since he ended their drought.

Damon Allen also has publicly announced his interest in becoming a CFL OC. He's 56 with zero CFL coaching experience, was out of the game since retiring. I'm not sure I'm a fan of this. If he was serious about coaching, he probably could've started out as a CIS OC and worked his way into the CFL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I stil have hope O'Shea will pull a Kawhi Leonard and go home. Their is a lot of rumblings surrounding some internal conflict between management, O'Shea, co-ordinators, all not seeing eye to eye. I think if O'Shea were to join the Argos, the team would really be his and Pinball's from top down. And trying to create this culture and turn it around might be a tempting challenge. But of course, all it takes is a contract extension to quash this. Maybe Osh was leaning towards leaving but now wants a pay bump to remain since he ended their drought.

Damon Allen also has publicly announced his interest in becoming a CFL OC. He's 56 with zero CFL coaching experience, was out of the game since retiring. I'm not sure I'm a fan of this. If he was serious about coaching, he probably could've started out as a CIS OC and worked his way into the CFL.
    I would be very happy if O’Shea joined the Argos at this point, this team needs to move forward from the 2019 season and retaining Chamblin won’t accomplish this.
    Culture change badly needed which has started with Pinball and Murphy running the football ops side, time to look at the coaching.
    Damon Allen has a great CFL career but he has been out of the game for quite some, nice that he has declared himself interested in an OC job but there are more qualified individuals who have paid their dues in the game, HOF player or not no shortcuts allowed.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    The worst-case scenario, IMO, would be Chamblin staying as head coach and Allen coming in as OC. But I think the former is likely and the latter is a distinct possibility.

If Chamblin does stay, I think Claybrooks will be hired as DC. I wouldn't mind that but obviously my preference would be a new head coach.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I think if O'Shea were to join the Argos, the team would really be his and Pinball's from top down..
    I hope the Argos reach out to him soon and present this outlook, even if they have a penalty for tampering coming their way.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I hope the Argos reach out to him soon and present this outlook, even if they have a penalty for tampering coming their way.
    Yes sir, put your best foot forward in trying to get him back to Toronto and deal with the fallout after.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 355
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    As Argo57 states, we need a culture change and that includes coaching.