Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    WR Josh (Flash) Gordon, a player on the Argos negotiation list, has been suspended by the NFL for using performance-enhancing drugs and substances of abuse. He had 805 yard in his rookie 2012 season, and led the NFL in receiving with1,646 yards, as well gaining more than 700 yards two other years. Considering his drug problems, he may have burnt through his NFL salary and looks to the CFL in the future. But do the Argos want him?

https://3downnation.com/2019/12/16/a...ly-by-the-nfl/
    After the Ricky Williams experiment, didn't the League put in place a rule that the CFL wouldn't sign players suspended by the NFL. Has that been quietly revoked?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    The Argos have signed two more Americans: DL Ryan Davis and WR Isaac Zico.

Davis, who is 30, spent seven years in the NFL totalling 14 sacks and 44 DTs in 63 games.

Zico was an undrafted attendee at Arizona Cardinals TC where he caught four passes in four games. In his senior year at Purdue he had 743 receiving yards and a 16.2 yards per catch average.
    Ryan Davis could be a potential DE similar to Victor "Don't Hold Me Hostage" Butler. Looks like a definite NFL politics cut with 63 career games played.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Ryan Davis could be a potential DE similar to Victor "Don't Hold Me Hostage" Butler. Looks like a definite NFL politics cut with 63 career games played.
    Yeah- let's hope so - Butler was very good for most of his Argo time.

Davis is only 30 but has plenty of NFL experience - hope he has his head on straight and really wants to play for the Argos and in the CFL.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Davis was with the Cowboys for a little while and looked good in limited time there.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    One player I would like to see the Argos pursue is Canadian RB Johnny Augustine. He looked damn good picking up 98 yards and 75 yards in the two games that he replaced Andrew Harris during his drug suspension. Augustine also has a 6.5 yards per carry average. I can't see him wanting to stay in Winnipeg playing behind Harris, especially when they have another Canadian, Nic Demski who can play RB. Signing Augustine would likely not involve a high salary as he is still not an established starter. However, LaPolice in Ottawa may pursue him as he knows how talented he is from Winnipeg, plus he has another Canadian RB in former Argo Brendan Gillanders, who could spell him off and who started the last three games of the season. Another team with a Canadian RB who spell off Augustine is Calgary who had Ante Milanovic-Litre, who also started three of the last four games of the season, so they might be interested in him. Hamilton, on the other hand, already has two good Canadian RBs in Maleek Irons and Sean Thomas Erlington, plus Anthony Coombs, so I doubt if Augustine would want to go there, even if the team were interested. Whether the Argos would pursue him is another question.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I agree Jerry, Augustine did a nice job last season when Harris was out of the lineup.
    Keep in mind Augustine had a much superior line blocking for him that he may in Toronto (hopefully this is addressed this off season).
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I agree Jerry, Augustine did a nice job last season when Harris was out of the lineup.
    Keep in mind Augustine had a much superior line blocking for him that he may in Toronto (hopefully this is addressed this off season).
    Or he might become the next Kienan Lafrance (who had a great playoff in 2016) and never measure up to expectations following a very small sample size.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Or he might become the next Kienan Lafrance (who had a great playoff in 2016) and never measure up to expectations following a very small sample size.
    Quite possible as well.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quite possible as well.
    Having said that, he did an admirable job filling in for a steroid cheat that should be a Russian Olympian. Yes, I'm bored at work today.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Having said that, he did an admirable job filling in for a steroid cheat that should be a Russian Olympian. Yes, I'm bored at work today.
    LOL.
    I would take a shot at signing him, Argos aren’t very strong or deep at RB.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    LOL.
    I would take a shot at signing him, Argos aren’t very strong or deep at RB.
    Well, not at Canadian RB's, but they have Burks and Oulette from last year, and Bishop Sankey and Karlos Williams. That's a lot of competition already.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Well, not at Canadian RB's, but they have Burks and Oulette from last year, and Bishop Sankey and Karlos Williams. That's a lot of competition already.
    I like Burks, Ouellette...meh, Williams and Sankey training camp competition.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I like Burks, Ouellette...meh, Williams and Sankey training camp competition.
    I think Williams has the most potential of all of them.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    One player I would like to see the Argos pursue is Canadian RB Johnny Augustine. He looked damn good picking up 98 yards and 75 yards in the two games that he replaced Andrew Harris during his drug suspension. Augustine also has a 6.5 yards per carry average. I can't see him wanting to stay in Winnipeg playing behind Harris, especially when they have another Canadian, Nic Demski who can play RB. Signing Augustine would likely not involve a high salary as he is still not an established starter. However, LaPolice in Ottawa may pursue him as he knows how talented he is from Winnipeg, plus he has another Canadian RB in former Argo Brendan Gillanders, who could spell him off and who started the last three games of the season. Another team with a Canadian RB who spell off Augustine is Calgary who had Ante Milanovic-Litre, who also started three of the last four games of the season, so they might be interested in him. Hamilton, on the other hand, already has two good Canadian RBs in Maleek Irons and Sean Thomas Erlington, plus Anthony Coombs, so I doubt if Augustine would want to go there, even if the team were interested. Whether the Argos would pursue him is another question.

Augustine has RE-SIGNED (;o)) with the Bombers - and good for him sticking with a GC Champ team and the club that gave him a shot to play in the pros (CFL undrafted); he will still be behind Harris (and perhaps last year's draft pick B. Oliveira - who was injured after playing some early last year); that plus. as you mention, Demski can take carries at tailback and produce.

Imagine - a CFL team going 4 deep at tailback and all Canadians - and the won the GC doing so ??? = WTF - some GOB heads must have exploded somewhere ;o)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Augustine has RE-SIGNED (;o)) with the Bombers - and good for him sticking with a GC Champ team and the club that gave him a shot to play in the pros (CFL undrafted); he will still be behind Harris (and perhaps last year's draft pick B. Oliveira - who was injured after playing some early last year); that plus. as you mention, Demski can take carries at tailback and produce.

Imagine - a CFL team going 4 deep at tailback and all Canadians - and the won the GC doing so ??? = WTF - some GOB heads must have exploded somewhere ;o)
    Yes they just announced it today. It still isn't on CFL Free Agent Tracker on 3downnation.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Keep the signings coming, Murphy and the gang working hard to upgrade the Argos talent level in some definite areas of need.👍
    https://www.argonauts.ca/2019/12/30/...our-americans/
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Derek Walker has worked out with the Dallas Cowboys. If he signs and sticks with a NFL team, the Argos will need another deep threat.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Masoli re-signing (ahem) in Hamilton takes a big name out of the pending FA QB market. Arbuckle, Nichols, Collaros, Streveler and MBT are available at the moment along with Franklin, Prukop and (I assume) Jennings. Three teams (Wpg, Tor and Ott) need a starter and backup, and at least three other teams (BC, Edm and Sask, likely also Calgary) are likely looking for a backup. I'd still like to end up with Collaros and MBT, but could live with Arbuckle instead of either guy. Would hate to lose Prukop but I don't think I'd be comfortable with him as the No. 2, and we need to continue developing O'Connor.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Masoli re-signing (ahem) in Hamilton takes a big name out of the pending FA QB market. Arbuckle, Nichols, Collaros, Streveler and MBT are available at the moment along with Franklin, Prukop and (I assume) Jennings. Three teams (Wpg, Tor and Ott) need a starter and backup, and at least three other teams (BC, Edm and Sask, likely also Calgary) are likely looking for a backup. I'd still like to end up with Collaros and MBT, but could live with Arbuckle instead of either guy. Would hate to lose Prukop but I don't think I'd be comfortable with him as the No. 2, and we need to continue developing O'Connor.
    I figured Masoli would re-sign with Hamilton, it has been reported that he may start the season on the 6 game.
    If Arbuckle is the guy Toronto wants heading into 2020 they must also be target a more established QB as their other option.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Derek Walker has worked out with the Dallas Cowboys. If he signs and sticks with a NFL team, the Argos will need another deep threat.
    Walker is a game breaker but I don’t see him returning to Toronto (especially at $275,000).
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions