Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    New Fan
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    when does the schedule usually come out?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan52 View Post
    when does the schedule usually come out?
    Rumour is that it will be out within 2 weeks. Probably late next week.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Nor do you and since you praise pretty much everything the Argonauts do I don't expect you to.
    No, I do get it. Having a neutral site game is likely run by the league, so it's one less game the Argos lose money holding. Argos will probably sell the total number of tickets over the season regardless if their are 8 or 9 home game, let's for argument sake say it's 120,000. This will prop up their average attendance per game, and allow them to not lose any revenue in that 9th game, overall helping their bottom line.

Now, if the team charged ST holders for that 9th game that doesn't exist, I would understand the outrage, but they don't.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Explain why the Argos who have already given up more than their fair share of home dates in the past “only have to sacrifice games for the next two seasons”
    If this is for the benefit of the league as you say then let the other franchises sacrifice some home dates to help the cause, ridiculous to keep taking home dates from the Argos and their fans.
    The league will buy the home game and run the TD Atlantic for this year.Randy Ambrosie stated the league needed to be in the Maritimes during his state of the league address.This will allow the league to provide a better presentation(think 2010/2013) as opposed to the 2019 edition which was sad.This allows them to go Mexico in 2021.The Argos will then get confirmation for the 2024 Grey Cup and sell the three year ticket plans starting in 2022.It's for the best despite your reservations.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SkalbaniasGhost View Post
    The league will buy the home game and run the TD Atlantic for this year.Randy Ambrosie stated the league needed to be in the Maritimes during his state of the league address.This will allow the league to provide a better presentation(think 2010/2013) as opposed to the 2019 edition which was sad.This allows them to go Mexico in 2021.The Argos will then get confirmation for the 2024 Grey Cup and sell the three year ticket plans starting in 2022.It's for the best despite your reservations.
    That's all plausible, but I'd like to see us get the 2023 Grey Cup to celebrate 150 years of Argonauts football.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Boatman
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SkalbaniasGhost View Post
    I think the league needs to use big city names for a game in Mexico. They know Toronto & Montreal down there. Think Ottawa would work also

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Difficult to encourage fan loyalty when the team keeps giving a home game away each year. Last year we went a long extended period of time with no home game. When the team does this, it risks casual fans just forgetting about the team. I understand that the team, with its lowest attendance record in the league, actually gains revenue by playing a game in a neutral site. However, using that logic why not play all home games some other place?

Boatman
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    Difficult to encourage fan loyalty when the team keeps giving a home game away each year. Last year we went a long extended period of time with no home game. When the team does this, it risks casual fans just forgetting about the team. I understand that the team, with its lowest attendance record in the league, actually gains revenue by playing a game in a neutral site. However, using that logic why not play all home games some other place?
    It can attract more fans also. Playing a game in Mexico will attract a large TV audience at home in my view. Those watching can translate to fans at home

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    That's the first thing I noticed in the smaller fine print.
    8 home dates plus a playoff.
    So I guess we will have to go to Mexico or Finland for the lost game?

New Fan
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Rumour is that it will be out within 2 weeks. Probably late next week.
    hopefully it comes out before early bird pricing goes away. if theres a bunch of afternoon weekend games i think il buy seasons, the prices are great

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    I think auto-renewals are a lousy business strategy myself. Hope the team is prepared to field a certain degree of angry phone calls on that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    I think auto-renewals are a lousy business strategy myself. Hope the team is prepared to field a certain degree of angry phone calls on that.
    You're going to have to re-select your method of payment, so I'm sure it will be easy to cancel the auto renewal. My guess is the auto renewal would be cancelled if no method of payment was re-selected.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I think when 2021 is ready they'll say cancel by 'X' date to opt out. Otherwise since renewals have all been done online, I would think the credit card will be on file and they'll just charge after the opt out date.

But would this be the end of early bird pricing or would all auto-renewals get it?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    I think when 2021 is ready they'll say cancel by 'X' date to opt out. Otherwise since renewals have all been done online, I would think the credit card will be on file and they'll just charge after the opt out date.

But would this be the end of early bird pricing or would all auto-renewals get it?
    They can't just charge the credit card if it expires mid year. My credit card was already on file, but I still had to put in all the info again when I renewed. I'd like to think early bird would be automatic with an auto renewal. My guess is auto renewal would guarantee you the lowest price possible too.

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I got my 2020 seasons now. First-time having seasons in any sport. I'm in section 225, but would consider moving in the future.

Looking forward to it!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTheFan View Post
    I got my 2020 seasons now. First-time having seasons in any sport. I'm in section 225, but would consider moving in the future.

Looking forward to it!
    Great news, keep spreading the word👍
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTheFan View Post

Looking forward to it!
    Welcome aboard. This is always great to hear.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    No, I do get it. Having a neutral site game is likely run by the league, so it's one less game the Argos lose money holding. Argos will probably sell the total number of tickets over the season regardless if their are 8 or 9 home game, let's for argument sake say it's 120,000. This will prop up their average attendance per game, and allow them to not lose any revenue in that 9th game, overall helping their bottom line.

Now, if the team charged ST holders for that 9th game that doesn't exist, I would understand the outrage, but they don't.
    Argonauts fans have already gone above and beyond in giving up home games. It's time for other teams to step up.

It would be one thing if they were taking away a Thursday night game but we all know that it's going to be another Prime Weekend Summer Game. Probably an afternoon game. Most likely yet another Touchdown Atlantic Game.

This will most likely result in yet another long road trip for the team. And it's one less home game where the fans can sometimes make a difference with crowd noise.

I thought that the mighty MLSE had a long term plan for turning the Argonauts around? They seem a little to interested in minimizing their short term losses than doing what they know is best for the Argonauts and their fans.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Argonauts fans have already gone above and beyond in giving up home games. It's time for other teams to step up.

It would be one thing if they were taking away a Thursday night game but we all know that it's going to be another Prime Weekend Summer Game. Probably an afternoon game. Most likely yet another Touchdown Atlantic Game.

This will most likely result in yet another long road trip for the team. And it's one less home game where the fans can sometimes make a difference with crowd noise.

I thought that the mighty MLSE had a long term plan for turning the Argonauts around? They seem a little to interested in minimizing their short term losses than doing what they know is best for the Argonauts and their fans.
    And you still don't get it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level

The only silver lining is we don’t miss out on a coveted fall football game.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions