Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level

Justin Dunk reporting Ryan Dinwiddie is the new Argos head coach

I am surprised. Really thought Oshe was coming back.

https://3downnation.com/2019/12/12/a...be-head-coach/
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Came out of nowhere. I like how the rumours stay out of the media until it's decsion time.

This part I enjoy on how MLSE handles the football ops, Similar to the other teams they own IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Looks like it's confirmed:

Argonauts fire Chamblin, hire Dinwiddie https://www.tsn.ca/1.1412202

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Looks like it's confirmed:

Argonauts fire Chamblin, hire Dinwiddie https://www.tsn.ca/1.1412202
    Already posted.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level

This was obviously a distant plan B hiring.
    No idea what the book is on Dinwiddie other then being a QB coach for a few years with the Stamps?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post

This was obviously a distant plan B hiring.
    No idea what the book is on Dinwiddie other then being a QB coach for a few years with the Stamps?
    I think he was Co Offensive coordinator in Montreal when Crompton was qb there as well.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I question the leap from QB Coach straight to Head Coach but, he's a young, fresh face. Good looking guy, which doesn't hurt for marketing...perhaps with the right assistants surrounding him (similar to what Pinball had as HC), he will be okay.Hey, it can't be worse, right? Welcome to T.O. Coach Dinwiddie!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    ^ It was worse! Anything is better than the debacle we saw last season. I too was hoping for O’Shea, but I will be supportive of Dinwiddie. It will be interesting to see who the assistants will be and what QB they will now target. Word is, he and Arbuckle are tight.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    So pretty well everyone on here was wrong, either in declaring O'Shea was coming or Chamblin was staying.

Dinwiddie is an up-and-coming coach who has been groomed in the best coaching organization in Canada. People were scratching their heads when O'Billovich and Milanovich were hired, and those hires worked out pretty well. (Both coaches also got the Argos to the Grey Cup in their first year -- that's a steep goal for Diwniddie, but not out of the question in a league where turnarounds can happen very quickly.)

I'm betting RD hires Claybrooks as DC, which IMO would be great news. I've heard Claybrooks was the only other serious candidate for HC here last year, so he obviously must have impressed Manning and Popp.

This also has to put us as the front-runners to get Arbuckle, unless Calgary decides to trade BLM and go with the kid instead. I'm not hugely high on Arbuckle but if he ends up as our QB, I'm gonna put my faith in Dinwiddie, Pinball and Murphy knowing more than me. (Not that that's a stretch.)
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    Came out of nowhere. I like how the rumours stay out of the media until it's decsion time.

This part I enjoy on how MLSE handles the football ops, Similar to the other teams they own IMO.
    I agree 100%. Much as journalists relish getting scoops, there is no need for the organization to be leaky. It's almost unthinkable -- and highly commendable -- that Pinball started officially considering Chamblin's future a month ago, and no word of his decision leaked out until today.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    In Pinball I trust!

And I guess this means O'Shea is staying in Winnipeg.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    So pretty well everyone on here was wrong, either in declaring O'Shea was coming or Chamblin was staying.

Dinwiddie is an up-and-coming coach who has been groomed in the best coaching organization in Canada. People were scratching their heads when O'Billovich and Milanovich were hired, and those hires worked out pretty well. (Both coaches also got the Argos to the Grey Cup in their first year -- that's a steep goal for Diwniddie, but not out of the question in a league where turnarounds can happen very quickly.)

I'm betting RD hires Claybrooks as DC, which IMO would be great news. I've heard Claybrooks was the only other serious candidate for HC here last year, so he obviously must have impressed Manning and Popp.

This also has to put us as the front-runners to get Arbuckle, unless Calgary decides to trade BLM and go with the kid instead. I'm not hugely high on Arbuckle but if he ends up as our QB, I'm gonna put my faith in Dinwiddie, Pinball and Murphy knowing more than me. (Not that that's a stretch.)
    Zero complaints here, the Argos have chosen a new path with a young coach who has often been mentioned as solid HC material.
    If they can add a DC like Claybrooks which makes sense considering their connection on Calgary’s staff then we’re in business!
    Last edited by Argo57; 12-12-2019 at 08:18 PM.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

New Fan
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Since he comes out of the Stampeders organization, most likely the best team over the last decade or more, I believe he will have a solid background and should be able to hit the ground running. Next we need a good QB, and I have no problem with a young high potential player like Arbuckle.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Dinwiddie wasn't that great of a QB in the League, but sometimes those guys make the best Coaches. He had to learn a thing or two in Calgary. They know how to do things right.
    I can see Arbuckle and Collaros both being offered a base salary with incentives for time played. But that might be difficult if Ottawa decides to go all in for one of them.
    Claybrooks would be Dinwiddie's obvious choice for DC as they worked together in Calgary for several years.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Level
    I can understand why they'd be interested in hiring someone from Calgary's staff as they have publicly mentioned that they want to emulate them. That being said, I have no idea what Dinwiddie will bring to the Argonauts.

It's interesting considering their last two seasons: they tried to defend a championship with an older, veteran coach, then a younger coach with previous success in the league, and now a young head coach with no experience but maybe with fresh ideas. I think if he can win more than 4 games his job will be safe for another year!

I really hope to carousel slows to a stop with this move and that it builds towards consistency that they so desperately need.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post

Good points Paul. Another obvious example is when Mike Hohensee was hired as HC of the AFL expansion Chicago Rush in 2001 I believe. He had a solid record there.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    The “Plan C “ no one saw coming. Thoughtful selection. Of course his success will rely on the players and coaches he is surrounded by. Claybrook as DC would go a long way towards that goal. It looks like a very good year for availability of quality QBs. A light at the end of the tunnel. My Dad would caution me that’s great, ‘as long as it isn’t an oncoming train’.
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:

Level
    When I heard they interviewed Dinwiddie, I thought it was more for the OC job with the possibility of HC when Chamblin fails again.
    But having him start the season as HC allows him to pick his staff and get a fresh start in camp.
    Although a gamble to go with a rookie HC, he has been viewed as future HC by many.
    I trust Pinball and Murphy will load up with better talent then last year, but it will take a couple of years to build continuity.
    Lastly, the organization will need to have some patience! Perfect example is O'Shea. He grew into the position getting better each year. Which I believe is better in the long run vs a rookie HC winning the Grey Cup in the first year. Chamblin and Milanovich did that and then went down hill.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Any word on an introductory Press Conference?