Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Boatman
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I stand by my prediction that there will not be a game in Mexico in 2020. The CFL has been known to do some dumb things, but trying to get a foreign market interested in a league that no one down there cares about with just seven months' lead time would be one of the dumbest.
    This is the CFL.It could happen.The icing on the cake would see the BOG removing Ambrosie in the spring before the game is played.

As for why not announce TD Atlantic if that's what it is, good question but my guess is that (in typical CFL fashion) the details aren't worked out yet. The 2019 game wasn't announced until March.
    The dedicated announcement my take place during Randy's Roadtrip in March.I would hope the league schedules back to back sessions(one in Moncton,one in Halifax)to promote the game and expansion bid.It would make the most sense for the league to purchase the game instead of SSE.It would allow for a proper presentation.It also allows for the fact that the expansion bid may end with a whimper in June thus the CFL could spin the result.

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    This was a shockingly good schedule other than missing out on Saskatchewan at home. I may actually go in costume on Halloween too. I'm looking forward to a good atmosphere for that one, and it would be even better if are playoff-bound.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Yeah 3 hour game time plus 1.5 hour commute home puts him past his bedtime. First world problem but a problem nonetheless. After years of being a STH renewing will sadly be a few years away as I’d like to make him part of the tradition.

Boatman
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Both Hamilton games are our best opportunity for a big crowd at BMO Field. But is a stadium half full of ti cat fans a success?
    The league is trying. The team is trying. But at some point we have to accept the fans aren't coming back.
    I hope I'm proven wrong this year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I honestly can't believe the CFL would attempt a game in Mexico or Europe without a much longer lead time than seven months. The risk of a massive failure in a market with virtually no knowledge of Cdn football is way too high. I'll be shocked if this is not another Moncton game.
    I agree. But to play devil's advocate, last year's TD Atlantic game was a giant failure.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Touchdown Atlantic 2019 actually sold out, but the Stadium capacity is only about 10K.
    This video would beg to differ. At the 1:00 mark, those stands look about 40 percent full.

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/08/25/recap-...28-toronto-22/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    IMO TD Atlantic 2019 was more of a failure than a success because of the backlash over outrageous ticket prices, the subsequent requirement to drop prices (thereby adversely affecting those who bought early) and the fact that the stands did not appear close to full in any shot I saw. The league and/or the SSE group misjudged the market and I suspect just assumed it would be an easy sell. All the more reason why the league should not wait again until March to announce the venue of this game. (And why the league should announce any game in Mexico or elsewhere abroad at least a full year in advance.)
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KCargosfan View Post
    This video would beg to differ. At the 1:00 mark, those stands look about 40 percent full.

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/08/25/recap-...28-toronto-22/
    Tickets sold vs. Attendance. Regardless the Argonauts would have gotten higher attendance at BMO Field for that Summer Afternoon Weekend game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    IMO TD Atlantic 2019 was more of a failure than a success because of the backlash over outrageous ticket prices, the subsequent requirement to drop prices (thereby adversely affecting those who bought early) and the fact that the stands did not appear close to full in any shot I saw. The league and/or the SSE group misjudged the market and I suspect just assumed it would be an easy sell. All the more reason why the league should not wait again until March to announce the venue of this game. (And why the league should announce any game in Mexico or elsewhere abroad at least a full year in advance.)
    They also had to change the time of the game.

Boatman
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:

Level
    Tickets sold vs. Attendance. Regardless the Argonauts would have gotten higher attendance at BMO Field for that Summer Afternoon Weekend game.
    With games like this though their is zero risks assumed by the Toronto Argonauts, They would have sold the rights to the game to the promoter ( This case the Atlantic Schooners) I am sure the Argos made a profit or they would have not done it. I am assuming they are making a bit of money off the undertaking which is why they are participating again this year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Treblecharger1 View Post
    With games like this though their is zero risks assumed by the Toronto Argonauts, They would have sold the rights to the game to the promoter ( This case the Atlantic Schooners) I am sure the Argos made a profit or they would have not done it. I am assuming they are making a bit of money off the undertaking which is why they are participating again this year.
    The very point I have been making from the beginning. We need to take out our personal feelings of losing a home game here.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Treblecharger1 View Post
    Well as long as MLSE saves some money...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I can't imagine it was a sellout regarding tickets sold unless it was some corporation just buying up the tickets at severely discounted prices just so the league could "say" they had a sellout.