Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
An O-line to protect immobile QBs might be very key; be interesting to see what MacAdoo does there. Not to mention have a strong run game (i don't hold out much faith there).

Could be real interstin' competiton at OT - both for the import spot, or if they start a NI there (?) - J. Campbell re-signed was nice but i wouldn't just pencil him in as the starter with a new O-line coach and a bunch of competition (hopefully) - Simba, Richards & Starczala should all get a real look. FA situation = could lose both McEwen and Holmes, and Bomben already let go. Might have to look at hard at FAs or the draft there - and there are a good number of interior O-line prospects = don't be afraid to give young rookies a real shot - the Bummers started 2 young rookies on the O-line in a GC win.
We can't forget the new National Rule. Several veteran American FA linemen still out there who could play as a National now. To me it's the easiest way to strengthen the Line. Sign a couple (Dennis, Bond, Draheim are still out there) to go along with Randy Richards and then go with two of them as part of the 10 National starters. Probably cheaper and better than some of the Canadians who have been found wanting. With the minimum going up to 65,000 some other salaries are going to have to come down a bit.