I think Steve Simmons said it right. I'll paraphrase, it's funny to watch the publishing & print world bitch about the CFL getting a grant, after splitting up the $600 m that they were given. Some of those businesses are owned my multi nationals, and billionaires.

What the CFL is asking is a drop in the bucket if you compare it to all the foreign aid Canada spends a year. In 2019, that was 6.4 billion by the way. So, is the Canadian league cultural? Does it provide a Canadian identity? Does it provide jobs in our communities? Is it an economic engine?

Or do we just want to meld into what our neighbours provide us and become NFL wannabees.

This league ties our country together in so many ways.

I suggest giving $150 million less in foreign aid this year and preserve a little of our own culture, and I am sure Ethiopia, Syria, Mali, Afghanistan and Bangledesh will still be happy splitting up the 6.150 billion that is left.

Does the average American come up here and learn and respect and appreciate our Country? I don't know. Does the average Syrian, or Afghan even know how much we give to their causes? I don't know

There are ways to get this done, and I can cite an endless list of other grants that were givin by our Federal Gov't in arts & entertainment that'll have you agreeing with me.