Threaded View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post
    Once the FEDS come out with policy for the NBA, NHL, NBA and CFL (which they are working on) as caution permits, I don't imagine quarantining pro sports athletes in an isolated university complex would be that much of a challenge. Especially if there is in & out testing available.

That would be expensive, but less expensive and less fatal than not playing ball in 2020.

I am still confident that there will be a season in 2020.

I know the league would like to avoid playing in empty stadiums, I see that as unavoidable, at least for the pre-season and a ramp up to labour day.

I can still see TC's opening in July. Call me crazy.
    The CFL has a big advantage over the other sports because after the US CFL players arrive in Canada and do their 14-day quarantine, then there's no more border crossings to worry about, other than guys coming up during the season.

It's the back-and-forth across the border that other leagues have to do that creates a logistical nightmare. I can't imagine they would waive the mandatory 14-day quarantine period only for pro athletes and nobody else.

This is why they are talking about the Raptors and the Blue Jays temporarily relocating to the States to play whatever's left of their seasons. And i've heard rumours of the Canadian NHL teams playing a tournament amongst themselves to avoid border problems.

But I'm with you Gonzo. I see CFL football this fall, with no fans in the stands. But how amazing would it be if the CFL could be the first league to get going in the mid-summer?
    Last edited by Rich; 05-07-2020 at 02:34 AM.