Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Plan to reopen Ontario to be released next week:

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/mobile/wh...ario-1.4909981
    I would think the league could do a mid July camp - Aug games with no one in the stands and then a Labour Day game with people. Special precautions as mask supply should recover by then - everyone wearing them along with other things the league could do.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofan_1000 View Post
    I would think the league could do a mid July camp - Aug games with no one in the stands and then a Labour Day game with people. Special precautions as mask supply should recover by then - everyone wearing them along with other things the league could do.
    I don't expect the borders to be open by then TBH. If the borders aren't open, there can be no thought of a season of any kind.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I don't expect the borders to be open by then TBH. If the borders aren't open, there can be no thought of a season of any kind.
    I agree. Calgary just announced no large gatherings to August 31st. So the Stampeders could not hold a training camp or even think of playing a game.
    Unless there are exceptions for sports teams CFL/NHL. But that will not sit well when some people can't go back to work still etc. And again it's a mute point if the boarders are closed.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I cannot see how we can have a football season now that Alberta has jumped the gun and banned all gatherings for the entire summer. I am hating it when governments just add on four months at a time. The economic disaster is going to be much worse than the virus.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Level
    A lot of these bans on large gatherings have exceptions for professional sports:
    Toronto’s apparently don’t, not that it means anything since Calgary’s definitely do include sporting events.

If injecting Lysol doesn’t work as planned, the U.S. cases will likely double/triple when many States succumb to the pressures to open. It really is a gong-show down there. No way does Trudeau open it up for anyone, never mind professional athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoFan1 View Post
    I cannot see how we can have a football season now that Alberta has jumped the gun and banned all gatherings for the entire summer. I am hating it when governments just add on four months at a time. The economic disaster is going to be much worse than the virus.
    The bans aren’t set in stone and can be cancelled should miracles happen. That’s it though, the situation is serious, but people don’t want to accept it. Is an economic disaster going to kill more people than Corona? What do we put ahead of increased death? Food, hydro? Definitely not sports. I’ll fully admit that we are only buying time at a sacrifice, to save lives and for a vaccine. It very well could be for not, but we got to try right?

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Perhaps we do need a thread in "Sociable" to discuss the implications of COVID-19 that aren't directly football-related. Any takers?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Perhaps we do need a thread in "Sociable" to discuss the implications of COVID-19 that aren't directly football-related. Any takers?
    Sounds good to me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    No way does Trudeau open it up for anyone, never mind professional athletes
    Aside from reopening the border, it's actually Not up to Trudeau. It's up to the Premiers.

PEI is starting to lift restrictions on May 1st.

Saskatchewan is starting to lift restrictions on May 4th.

Next week Ontario will announce a plan on how restrictions will be lifted. Premier Ford has said that he is targeting the Victoria Day long weekend, to start.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Aside from reopening the border, it's actually Not up to Trudeau. It's up to the Premiers.

PEI is starting to lift restrictions on May 1st.

Saskatchewan is starting to lift restrictions on May 4th.

Next week Ontario will announce a plan on how restrictions will be lifted. Premier Ford has said that he is targeting the Victoria Day long weekend, to start.
    The comment you quoted, and presumably were replying to, was specifically and only about reopening the border. So to say "aside from reopening the border, it's not actually up to Trudeau" seems rather disingenuous. Reopening the border, as even you appear to acknowledge, actually is up to the federal government. And that is an extremely relevant part of any discussion about the CFL coming back, considering approximately half of the players are on the other side of the border at the moment.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
    I agree. Calgary just announced no large gatherings to August 31st. So the Stampeders could not hold a training camp or even think of playing a game.
    Unless there are exceptions for sports teams CFL/NHL. But that will not sit well when some people can't go back to work still etc. And again it's a mute point if the boarders are closed.
    A lot of these bans on large gatherings have exceptions for professional sports:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...-idUSKBN21J4K0

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Achievements:
    Level

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...-idUSKBN21J4K0
    They shouldn’t.
    Faster + Louder = Better

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shayman View Post
    They shouldn’t.
    Bingo. Nobody loves sports (football/hockey) more than me. But I think it’s beyond irresponsible to even think of playing any sports at this time or in the near future. Making an exception for pro sports is total..excuse me for this..Bullshit.

Vince McMahon is being taken to task by some of his talent that feels they shouldn’t be forced to work wrestling tapings in this time. I’m sure he would fire any that refuse. I really hope he ends up in jail.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Bingo. Nobody loves sports (football/hockey) more than me. But I think it’s beyond irresponsible to even think of playing any sports at this time or in the near future. Making an exception for pro sports is total..excuse me for this..Bullshit.

Vince McMahon is being taken to task by some of his talent that feels they shouldn’t be forced to work wrestling tapings in this time. I’m sure he would fire any that refuse. I really hope he ends up in jail.
    I agree with all of this, all levels of government must be very careful in making sure things are safe before lifting restrictions currently in place.
    Open things too early and risk starting this thing all over again which would be disastrous for public health and the economy.
    Sad watching news reports showing people of my generation desperately hoping elderly parents living in retirement facilities will survive this virus, singing from outside their windows to comfort them and show them that they are loved, if that doesn’t put a lump in your throat I don’t know what will.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions