Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    https://3downnation.com/2020/05/26/s...del-is-broken/
    And the 63-year-old Waugh wants to see an increase in the amount of Canadians playing on the field, coaching on the sidelines and evaluating talent in the front office. He didn’t agree with the CFL 2.0 Global initiative pushed by Ambrosie and believes if the “C” in CFL was more prominent it would result in increased revenue for the league.
    I'm all for scrapping Ambrosie's Global CFL plan, but I'm not sure if adding more Canadians automatically means Canadians will watch and invest more in the CFL.

I'll take a lot of heat for saying this, but I hope the CFL doesn't get any Federal funding (I'm actually against all the "free" money being handed out by the Liberal Government, but that's a topic for another forum). The League has been struggling for a long time, Sars-Cov-2 is just the latest issue, so hopefully the League comes out of this with a real plan to take the League where it needs to go. If not, I wonder how much longer some of the Owners are willing to lose money on some of these sinking ships.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    https://3downnation.com/2020/05/26/s...del-is-broken/

I'm all for scrapping Ambrosie's Global CFL plan, but I'm not sure if adding more Canadians automatically means Canadians will watch and invest more in the CFL.

I'll take a lot of heat for saying this, but I hope the CFL doesn't get any Federal funding (I'm actually against all the "free" money being handed out by the Liberal Government, but that's a topic for another forum). The League has been struggling for a long time, Sars-Cov-2 is just the latest issue, so hopefully the League comes out of this with a real plan to take the League where it needs to go. If not, I wonder how much longer some of the Owners are willing to lose money on some of these sinking ships.

Imagine that - a Canadian (and an elected MP to boot) sticking up for Canadian football talent and wanting to see more of it in the CFL - why the nerve.

The comments in reply to that article are typical of what bannedforlife is on about in another thread here - anti-CFL trolls / or dupes who have been told/sold that Canadian football talent is inferior - why there just isn't enough good players produced by Canada, the game has been dying up here - coming from little dweebs & wannabes who never played the game and were raised on all-american hero hype. Is kinda interesting how a site dedicated to the CFL like 3 Down features so many "fans" who are so negative about or mocking of the CFL and Canadian football talent ? Only in Canada type thing i guess, eh? Oh say can you see ? ;0)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Imagine that - a Canadian (and an elected MP to boot) sticking up for Canadian football talent and wanting to see more of it in the CFL - why the nerve.

The comments in reply to that article are typical of what bannedforlife is on about in another thread here - anti-CFL trolls / or dupes who have been told/sold that Canadian football talent is inferior - why there just isn't enough good players produced by Canada, the game has been dying up here - coming from little dweebs & wannabes who never played the game and were raised on all-american hero hype. Is kinda interesting how a site dedicated to the CFL like 3 Down features so many "fans" who are so negative about or mocking of the CFL and Canadian football talent ? Only in Canada type thing i guess, eh? Oh say can you see ? ;0)
    I like the way it is now OV, Although I wouldn’t mind a couple more Canadians per team though rather than Randy’s CFL 2.0 “plan”.
    I find myself reading 3Down less and less as time goes on, the 3Down comments section consists of the usual juvenile baiting comments which you also regularly see on social media platforms such as Instagram and the like, zero interest in getting involved with it on any level.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions