Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
To me the biggest revelation is this: “How do we restructure our business model? What changes can we make to make our league stronger? We’re looking at our business models, we’re looking at our cost models, we’re having really good discussions with the players’ association. We’re going to be talking with our coaches and football operations partners because they play such a vital role in our game. It’s time to really work on our business model — to really look at the foundation on which our league sits. One where we get our cost models into place. That’s the single greatest lesson from this, is we need to do work on our business now. This is a chance for us to work on our business, to set a new foundation for the league’s future.”

Seems pretty clear that the league has come to the realization it can't keep spending more than it's receiving, and that its revenues are likely going to be down not just in 2020 but beyond. So costs will have to come down to survive. That means (among other things) pay cuts for players. I suspect fairly steep pay cuts will be needed, which means some pretty challenging negotiations with the PA. It may also mean going back to the days of small coaching staffs.
I've banged this drum before and I'll do it again: Put in a maximum salary of $450K. That prevents the teams from giving out an insane contract to one player and really only affects quarterbacks.

I'm also down for smaller coaching staffs. Maximum of seven coaches.