Thread: CFL draft

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    One would suspect more signing ahead of the CFL draft will happen, perhaps teams use their later round picks as “speculation” picks in case these players return to Canada.
    Given how much we restocked our NAT depth this off-season, I would not be opposed to using our early second-round pick on one of the NFL signees, especially Dequoy. As an older player (25), he seems most likely not to last a long time down there.

If there ends up being no NFL season this year, the free-agent signings down south will be up against it next year when a second group of draftees and UFAs arrives. So IMO it would be a smart play to also go after Hoecht and O'Donnell, and don't wait too long to do so -- say third round.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Given how much we restocked our NAT depth this off-season, I would not be opposed to using our early second-round pick on one of the NFL signees, especially Dequoy. As an older player (25), he seems most likely not to last a long time down there.

If there ends up being no NFL season this year, the free-agent signings down south will be up against it next year when a second group of draftees and UFAs arrives. So IMO it would be a smart play to also go after Hoecht and O'Donnell, and don't wait too long to do so -- say third round.
    A fair point Paul but with short term contracts you still need to draft players that you can sign.
    I agree wholeheartedly the Argos did a wonderful job in addressing their Canadian quality and depth on their roster, the trick will be how long do you wait start with these “speculative” picks?
    Last edited by Argo57; 04-26-2020 at 10:30 AM.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    So far O'Donnell signs with Colts, Dequoy with the Packers, John with the Giants and Hoecht with one of the LA clubs. Last year none of the undrafted players that signed stuck down south, which was somewhat surprising especially for Mathieu Betts. But every year and player is different along with the circumstances. The increase in the PR rosters for the NFL this year may result in more undrafted Canadian players sticking though. I'm sure there won't be any NFL mini camps this year so I'm sure these signed players will be going to the main camps. That has to change where they are on Thursday I would think. I had thought Hoecht from a Div II school might sneak through, but his pro day numbers were too good to miss. So who really stands out from who's left? A lot of good players but no real can't miss guys. Maybe Jordan Williams goes to the head of the class and if the Argos want Brissett they better take him with their first pick.

Boatman
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    What do you think of the Argos picks so far? Was anybody hoping for Isaac Adeyemi-Berglund at #2? I don't know much about the prospects at all, so I'm curious to hear some thoughts.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level

Hoecht, Dequoy and O'Donnell all went pretty early, as they should have IMO. I would have been happy with any of those guys on our board.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Hoecht, Dequoy and O'Donnell all went pretty early, as they should have IMO. I would have been happy with any of those guys on our board.
    Regarding Hoecht, I personally would stay away from drafting IVY leaguers. My thinking is unless they are looking for an NFL stepping stone, they likely have the ability to make more money than what the CFL can pay them outside of football.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 975
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    How old is Jordan Williams and how much does he weight? I read he is 27, maybe 25....some articles state he weighs 230 while others say 219.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    [QUOTE=gilthethrill;149914]How old is Jordan Williams and how much does he weight? I read he is 27, maybe 25....some articles state he weighs 230 while others say 219.[/QUOTE

I've seen 5'11 219 age 25

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:

Level
    [QUOTE=doubleblue;149944]
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    How old is Jordan Williams and how much does he weight? I read he is 27, maybe 25....some articles state he weighs 230 while others say 219.[/QUOTE

I've seen 5'11 219 age 25

That is the height & weight measured at the Ontario Regional Combine.

Maybe a bit under-sized for a MLB, but with that athleticism, he could probably play either MLB or W-OLB in the CFL. BC already had Herdman-Reed & Adam Konar as experienced CFL LBs; they could easily go with the 2 best of those 3 from TC competition for the MLB & Will spots (but i'd be surprised if Hervey & Campbell start 2 Canadian linebackers). They also signed ex-Esk Kenny Ladler, back from an NFL stint - not sure if he would line-up at Sam OLB ?