Reply to Thread
    Boatman
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

CFL 2021 Draft Prospects

A video on the Waterloo players that would have been invited to the 2020 East West Bowls. I love QB Tre Ford. Love watching him in the OUA. Hope he gets a chance to play QB in the CFL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21AC...pTqGKMsYc6QfsU
    Last edited by j-ski; 05-09-2020 at 01:24 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by j-ski View Post
    A video on the Waterloo players that would have been invited to the 2020 East West Bowls. I love QB Tre Ford. Love watching him in the OUA. Hope he gets a chance to play QB in the CFL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21AC...pTqGKMsYc6QfsU

Thanks for the link; Tre Ford seems like a special QB talent; as far as CFL interest - could/should i guess, but we just saw a Vanier & Hec winning QB in Sinagra go un-drafted by the CFL GOBs who continue to thumb their noses at Canadian trained QBs, so I'm not hopeful for Ford there.

Anyhow - tabbing future draft picks might be one thing to do in a maybe very long no season (hope not though); a bunch of other U Sports all-stars will be up next CFL draft with Ford, and seems like a pretty good crop of Canucks playing US college ball as well.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Thanks for the link; Tre Ford seems like a special QB talent; as far as CFL interest - could/should i guess, but we just saw a Vanier & Hec winning QB in Sinagra go un-drafted by the CFL GOBs who continue to thumb their noses at Canadian trained QBs, so I'm not hopeful for Ford there.
    I assume you know, but in case you don't, Sinagra was signed by the Als, who also have QB Hugo Richard, who also went undrafted in 2019. However, I would consider the shock of the century if both stick with the Als once regular season games are under way, whenever that may be.

Boatman
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post

Anyhow - tabbing future draft picks might be one thing to do in a maybe very long no season (hope not though); a bunch of other U Sports all-stars will be up next CFL draft with Ford, and seems like a pretty good crop of Canucks playing US college ball as well.
    Hopefully the CFL GOBs will see him as a Canadian Deshaun Watson or a Lamar Jackson or unfortunately they might just try to convert him to a receiver. I'm sure he will be drafted. He's just too athletic not to be drafted.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Maybe the Mods can move this thread over to the Sports room for a continued discussion on CFL 2021 draft prospects ?

Boatman
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by j-ski View Post
    Hopefully the CFL GOBs will see him as a Canadian Deshaun Watson or a Lamar Jackson or unfortunately they might just try to convert him to a receiver. I'm sure he will be drafted. He's just too athletic not to be drafted.
    He can play football but not getting drafted is a strong possibility.It's the CFL way of doing things.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SkalbaniasGhost View Post
    He can play football but not getting drafted is a strong possibility.It's the CFL way of doing things.
    I'd agree with j-ski = probably at least drafted as an "athlete" and then see if he could fit in somewhere, but likely not as a QB.