Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Argo Depth Charts For A Season That May Never Happen

CFL.ca has put out Argo depth charts for a season that might end up being one for a fantasy league because of Covid-19. Nevertheless, it does seem to emphasize the great improvement (some of you are probably saying that's a pretty low bar considering the last two seasons) the Argos have achieved in improving their depth at most positions, especially when it comes to Canadian talent and in improving the defensive backfield. I would also argue that having Matt Nichols is an improvement over last year, not because I consider Nichols better than Collaros, but simply because Collaros was not able to play because of concussion during his time with the Argos.

Below are the proposed depth charts, which may end up being as close as we get to fielding an actual team this year. Do agree with them or not?

https://www.cfl.ca/2020/05/11/rebuil...pieces-around/

Bleeds Double Blue
      Overall activity: 99.8%
      Achievements:
      VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
      Level
      thanks for adding to my depression Jerry.
      It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
      Overall activity: 12.0%
      Achievements:
      OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
      Awards:
      Posting Award

Level
      Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
      thanks for adding to my depression Jerry.

Maybe you can play the Canadian football video game called Maximum Football 2018 by Canuck Play Game studios while waiting for the CFL to start up.

Bleeds Double Blue
      Overall activity: 99.6%
      Achievements:
      Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
      Interesting stuff. Generated by the coaches ?

O: Brescacin & Noel at one slot spot - like to see at least one big target inside guy

A bunch of rookie import guys pencilled-in at another slot job ?

Daniels at another slot? - believe he played WR for the Esks last season; and Adjei at WR when he had a good season at slotback for the Esks last year

A rookie import (Allen) listed as #1 at C (with Starzala as back-up); Blake & Bladek as the experienced guys at guard (and Blake has lots of C experience from college ball and the NFL); one OT spot to be an NI - Campbell with S. Richards ?

D: CFL vets Roh & Bazzie pencilled-in as the starting DEs? - both those guys are pretty average IMO, so hopefully a couple of new imports or Robbie Smith get to push for playing time (wish they had drafted a good DE prospect with all the draft picks they had)

Shaq Richardson at Will OLB ? - hope he is a good fit there, but his outstanding CFL season with the Stamps was at D-half i believe (?); a bunch of rookie imports behind him on the depth chart; Lokombo at safety (with Wright & Woodson in reserve - i guess Woodson will not get a shot to play D-half?) Colquhon at corner & Ackie at OLB would mean 3 NIs starting on D = we shall see there.

None of the draft picks figured-in? - will they get signed and any a shot to compete for playing time?

Argo Fan
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 68
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
      Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
      Interesting stuff. Generated by the coaches ?

O: Brescacin & Noel at one slot spot - like to see at least one big target inside guy

A bunch of rookie import guys pencilled-in at another slot job ?

Daniels at another slot? - believe he played WR for the Esks last season; and Adjei at WR when he had a good season at slotback for the Esks last year

A rookie import (Allen) listed as #1 at C (with Starzala as back-up); Blake & Bladek as the experienced guys at guard (and Blake has lots of C experience from college ball and the NFL); one OT spot to be an NI - Campbell with S. Richards ?

D: CFL vets Roh & Bazzie pencilled-in as the starting DEs? - both those guys are pretty average IMO, so hopefully a couple of new imports or Robbie Smith get to push for playing time (wish they had drafted a good DE prospect with all the draft picks they had)

Shaq Richardson at Will OLB ? - hope he is a good fit there, but his outstanding CFL season with the Stamps was at D-half i believe (?); a bunch of rookie imports behind him on the depth chart; Lokombo at safety (with Wright & Woodson in reserve - i guess Woodson will not get a shot to play D-half?) Colquhon at corner & Ackie at OLB would mean 3 NIs starting on D = we shall see there.

None of the draft picks figured-in? - will they get signed and any a shot to compete for playing time?
      They have Richardson at SLB and Ackie at WLB. What's confusing is them mentioning Colquhoun at boundary Cornerback, yet have at field Cornerback on the depth chart.

Bleeds Double Blue
      Achievements:

Level
      Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck89 View Post
      They have Richardson at SLB and Ackie at WLB. What's confusing is them mentioning Colquhoun at boundary Cornerback, yet have at field Cornerback on the depth chart.
      My bad on Richardson - SLB in the CFL now is pretty well all converted (import) DBs - a cover position so maybe they should start referring to it as extra DB instead of OLB; and they don't differentiate between boundary or field for the corners listed (unless you are assuming cause Colquhon is listed on the same size of the field as the SLB ?) - a Canadian getting to play short side corner would be as rare as a Canadian getting to play D-half regularly (Woodson some last year was first time in CFL eons).

Argo Fan
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 68
      Achievements:
      1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
      Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
      My bad on Richardson - SLB in the CFL now is pretty well all converted (import) DBs - a cover position so maybe they should start referring to it as extra DB instead of OLB; and they don't differentiate between boundary or field for the corners listed (unless you are assuming cause Colquhon is listed on the same size of the field as the SLB ?) - a Canadian getting to play short side corner would be as rare as a Canadian getting to play D-half regularly (Woodson some last year was first time in CFL eons).
      They say in the actual article that "Rangy DB Tommy Campbell is likely to hold things down the wide on the wide side corner, while the boundary corner could be taken by a group of Canadians, led by Arjen Colquhoun and sophomore draft pick Matt Boateng."

It would be nice to see a Canadian play on the boundary. The last Cornerback to do it was Davis Sanchez earlier in his career and the last defensive halfback was Darryl Sampson.

Bleeds Double Blue
      Overall activity: 99.8%
      Achievements:
      VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
      Level
      Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck89 View Post
      They say in the actual article that "Rangy DB Tommy Campbell is likely to hold things down the wide on the wide side corner, while the boundary corner could be taken by a group of Canadians, led by Arjen Colquhoun and sophomore draft pick Matt Boateng."

It would be nice to see a Canadian play on the boundary. The last Cornerback to do it was Davis Sanchez earlier in his career and the last defensive halfback was Darryl Sampson.
      I think it is a mistake in the article. I don't see Campbell as a field corner. Usually want someone quicker there that can read and jump things. Campbell with his size adds run support which is also something you want at the boundary.

Agreed it would be nice to see a Canadian play half. Woodson did a bit of that last year and IMO didn't look out of place. I think Wookson is the most underrated of all their DB's. While the majority of the secondary whiffed on tackles last year **cough** Kanneh, Woodson was amazing, and snuffed out a lot of hitch screens actually hitting receivers for losses. To me, he is the best of their home grown DB's.
      It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
      Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
      Achievements:
      Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
      This is Marshall Ferguson's take on a depth chart. Don't think it is an official Argo one. Probably fairly close. I believe by signing Colquhoun they plan on playing him at the corner opposite Tom Campbell. Much improved defensive backfield IMO and several players who can play more than one position. With Richardson at SLB it's like having three corners on the field at once. Darby can play DB, S or CB. So IMO they can really disguise and mix up coverages with this veteran group.
      Other areas still kind of a question mark right now. As OV say the D Line is fairly average looking, but average might be an improvement. The O Line still doesn't have a shutdown LT unless one emerges from the newcomers. This was a year they really needed a mini camp. They only have about 20 holdovers and some of those weren't starters.

Bleeds Double Blue
      Achievements:

Level
      Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
      This is Marshall Ferguson's take on a depth chart. Don't think it is an official Argo one. Probably fairly close. I believe by signing Colquhoun they plan on playing him at the corner opposite Tom Campbell. Much improved defensive backfield IMO and several players who can play more than one position. With Richardson at SLB it's like having three corners on the field at once. Darby can play DB, S or CB. So IMO they can really disguise and mix up coverages with this veteran group.
      Other areas still kind of a question mark right now. As OV say the D Line is fairly average looking, but average might be an improvement. The O Line still doesn't have a shutdown LT unless one emerges from the newcomers. This was a year they really needed a mini camp. They only have about 20 holdovers and some of those weren't starters.

Explains things if it's Ferguson's take - guy is so often out to lunch or lost on things CFL, but he is a youngster with some learnin' to do.

And I' rather have my most skilled DB (like Richardson) back at D-half, rather than lining up closer as a so-called OLB and then turning his back and going into chase mode as often seems to happen now - dumb IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
      Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 368
      Overall activity: 42.0%
      Achievements:
      Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
      The suggested depth chart was an interesting read but like others, I question some of the player rankings. The only real disappointment was not including recently drafted players into the mix.