Argo Fan
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level

CFLFansToronto Argonauts depth chart and defense preview

Hey all,

I've taken a stab at another depth chart and created an accompanying podcast/video previewing the defense. Have a look if you're interested! Apologies for my many errors and unsound opinions!

signal-2020-05-20-223423-1.jpg

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-9dakx-dd2f55

https://youtu.be/uZRSFCZ9IxM

Here's the summary:

Starting Nationals: Bladek, Blake, J Campbell, Brescacin, Ackie, Lokombo, Adjei, (Colquhoun)

Lokombo at Safety

Darby at HB

Butler at Field Corner--looked great there in SSK & BC

Richardson at Sam--played there in Calgary; eager to get closer to the action

I also think they're looking for a future Sam with more size than Richardson or Darby

Where do with Robbie Smith and Kennan Gilchrist fit?

I like Jordan Moore, Travis Feeney, and Earl Okine

Our National depth--Smith, Colquhoun especially--give us great flexibility

Are we missing that Lokombo could start at Sam?--listed as a LB and played there in BC

It's on us to grow the league! Bring 'em out!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by BantOarsman View Post
    Hey all,

I've taken a stab at another depth chart and created an accompanying podcast/video previewing the defense. Have a look if you're interested! Apologies for my many errors and unsound opinions!

Attachment 956

Here's the summary:

Starting Nationals: Bladek, Blake, J Campbell, Brescacin, Ackie, Lokombo, Adjei, (Colquhoun)

Lokombo at Safety

Darby at HB

I also think they're looking for a future Sam with more size than Richardson or Darby

Are we missing that Lokombo could start at Sam?--listed as a LB and played there in BC

So you're one of those guys that dress up in Green when the Riders come to town. Lol

Good job. We will never get everybody on here agreeing on who should play where, so don't let any critics get you down. You have done a lot of thought and done back ground checks on players to come up with your starting picks. Just one question. Who would be your 3 starting veteran Int./Nationals under the new rules for this year.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Hey all,

Attachment 956

Here's the summary:

Lokombo at Safety

Darby at HB

I think Smith and Gilchrist will rotate with Bazzie and Roh

If Lokombo were to play linebacker it would be on the weakside, but Ackie, Shorthill and Kwemo are already there. He and Cassar may be able to hold down the middle linebacker position.

Argo Fan
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    So you're one of those guys that dress up in Green when the Riders come to town. Lol

Good job. We will never get everybody on here agreeing on who should play where, so don't let any critics get you down. You have done a lot of thought and done back ground checks on players to come up with your starting picks. Just one question. Who would be your 3 starting veteran Int./Nationals under the new rules for this year.
    Great question! Thanks for reminding me I botched the incoming roster rules. My understanding is the Internationals-designated-Nationals can only replace a National starter, but can't start as Nationals themselves. Is that right? In that case, I'm not even sure there are three available (as I have the chart). Thigpen and Knox look like the only two avail. If anyone can clarify, let us know. The CFL doesn't even mention it. Did it pass officially?? https://www.cfl.ca/game-rule-ratio/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Great question! Thanks for reminding me I botched the incoming roster rules. My understanding is the Internationals-designated-Nationals can only replace a National starter, but can't start as Nationals themselves. Is that right? In that case, I'm not even sure there are three available (as I have the chart). Thigpen and Knox look like the only two avail. If anyone can clarify, let us know. The CFL doesn't even mention it. Did it pass officially?? https://www.cfl.ca/game-rule-ratio/
    Its three players who have played three years with their team or four years in the League. I think the Argos have several who have played four years in the League to choose from. Thigpen, Knox, Woods, R. Richards, T. Campbell, Roh, Nichols, MBT and Bebe would all qualify. I don't know if it's just parts of three or four seasons or a total of games played. S. Richardson, Butler and Darby might also qualify. it has never been fully explained to me how they decide who becomes the "three" Int./National starters.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Pretty sure in Richardson`s big CFL season with the Stamps he lined-up at D-half ?

Hope it's not Roh & Bazzie at DE - both are average at best IMO; hoping one of those new DEs (a couple with NFL resumes - Ryan Davis & W. Richardson) might take jobs, plus Robbie Smith might progress.

Woodson should be given an honest shot at D-half (where he played quite well last season IMO); and with Colquhon at one corner and Lokombo at safety - could = 3 NI starters in the D-backfield (which would be GOB mind-boggling, but tough $hite); and the ability of Lokombo and Ackie to switch it up between OLB and safety would be very smart - to confuse QB reads.

Vet Bear Woods at MLB ? - hope he can still bring his A game; but Kwemo and draft pick Cassar are both big MLB types lurkiing in the weeds to learn from the Bear.

Argo Fan
    Achievements:

Level
    I found a few depth charts with Richardson at Sam and none with him at half, but it's possible he split time at both. I do feel like he's a bit undersized, as is Darby, though either could play there. It's a position that requires experience, so I think it's gotta be one of them, at least to start, given how green the rest of the secondary is.
    Attachment 957
    I agree with you on Roh and Bazzie. I think they could improve on one of them for sure; find me the next Nick Usher at low salary!
    There are certainly a ton of ways they could line up the starting Nationals. It's pretty awesome that Woodson has played all of the positions in the secondary. We could definitely do a number of things on the back end.
    I'd love to see Kwemo step up this year, and think Bear will be doing a lot of coaching, grooming all of those LBs for the future, as you've indicated.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I found a few depth charts with Richardson at Sam and none with him at half, but it's possible he split time at both. I do feel like he's a bit undersized, as is Darby, though either could play there. It's a position that requires experience, so I think it's gotta be one of them, at least to start, given how green the rest of the secondary is.
    Attachment 957
    I agree with you on Roh and Bazzie. I think they could improve on one of them for sure; find me the next Nick Usher at low salary!
    There are certainly a ton of ways they could line up the starting Nationals. It's pretty awesome that Woodson has played all of the positions in the secondary. We could definitely do a number of things on the back end.
    I'd love to see Kwemo step up this year, and think Bear will be doing a lot of coaching, grooming all of those LBs for the future, as you've indicated.
    Upon further review of that Stamps 2017 D - i believe you are correct - that Richardson must have lined-up at Sam OLB (like an extra DB anyways); so, if he lines-up there in the new Argo D and can play like that season, it would be great; he could still be outstanding at D-half probably too.