Reply to Thread
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level

2021 Renewals/Credit

I'm sure everyone has received thier message on renewal and credit options for next year.

Price obviously the same, 10% bonus credit on food and beverages plus select merch. Also an opportunity for name on a new fan-base under the Grey Cup

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Option #1. I suggested on the CFL instagram to have other ways of contribution to those that can't commit that kind of money for the stand with memorabilia or other merch in various ranges ($50, $100, $150, ..). Kind of like a PBS pledge-drive thing.

I see plenty of complaints about the price tag for the Grey Cup base. I get the price. If it was $50 or $100 like some people are saying, there'd be so many names on the damned thing that even a casual fan would consider it. The main thing I don't like is that you can't put a family name on it, like "The Smith Family". They may change a few rules if they don't get as many sales as they hope for.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I already moved mine to 2021.

Only thing I don't like is they are moving to paperless tickets.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I already moved mine to 2021.

Only thing I don't like is they are moving to paperless tickets.
    Could not agree more. Sounds like there isn't even an option to print the tickets out if you choose to -- hopefully this changes (or I am wrong about this) as I prefer to not rely on technology. I've had too many instances with technological glitches in various forms to know that it can not be relied upon and I always try to be prepared with a backup (in this case my backup would be to have the printed tickets on hand).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    The move to paperless tickets has just made my life more difficult. Since I still have a blackberry phone (please don't laugh--get enough of that from my grandkids!), I am unable to download an app, therefore have no access to my tickets. Since normally I attend games with my son, he can download the app and using my e-mail have the tickets on his phone. If at the last moment I attend the game with a friend however, I will have to make arrangements to pick up the tickets at will-call, which is an added inconvenience.

Surely there should be some arrangement whereby the tickets should be available to printed through access to my account---but there isn't.

First let me state my rep could not have been more co-operative, supportive and understanding but that does not change the fact that the organization has just made things more difficult for one of their clients. Makes me think, if it is worth all the hassle. Maybe I should just cancel my very long held subscription and watch the games on TV.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    My tech savvy son will be in charge of the tickets, T Rex will be along for the ride😛
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Based on changes to employment, give me the full refund!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Received call from another rep. I inferred from her comments, others have indicated their annoyance at the organization opting for paperless tickets only. I got the impression that a change might be in the works. Possibility of the team offering to let clients print off their tickets. Suspect if enough complaints are forthcoming that might occur.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan81 View Post
    Could not agree more. Sounds like there isn't even an option to print the tickets out if you choose to -- hopefully this changes (or I am wrong about this) as I prefer to not rely on technology. I've had too many instances with technological glitches in various forms to know that it can not be relied upon and I always try to be prepared with a backup (in this case my backup would be to have the printed tickets on hand).
    My email (or my online renewal) said that paper tickets can be issued in special circumstances.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Achievements:

Level
    My "special circumstances" is that I will never trust my phone to get into anything.
    Did that for one Argo pre-season game and it took me ages to figure it out, but I don't want to have to do that again. If they have the tickets on line and let us print, they will still be saving on printing costs. If I don't hear any news on that front, I will call and complain myself some day before they play again.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoFan1 View Post
    My "special circumstances" is that I will never trust my phone to get into anything.
    Did that for one Argo pre-season game and it took me ages to figure it out, but I don't want to have to do that again. If they have the tickets on line and let us print, they will still be saving on printing costs. If I don't hear any news on that front, I will call and complain myself some day before they play again.
    I got a call from the Argos today and asked about this. Seems like if you want paper tickets, they will
    Issue them, but they won’t be fancy like the ticket packages we have received in the past. More like generic TM tickets which I am fine with.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:

Level
    I decided about 10 years ago I would try to keep my season tickets as long as possible to support the team, plus I really do enjoy the games and the CFL fans I get to talk too. Money is tight so understand if people can't do. Hope we can all pull together and get behind the team and our league. I renewed this morning. Go ARRGOS !!!

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    I have a blackberry also. Most times I try and get in with my phone I end up at the ticket booth pleading for help.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    We know Hoagie (and likely other Argo execs) monitor this forum. I really hope they will create a printable option for those who don't have or trust mobile technology.

While it's sad to lose the fancy ticket packages, that was inevitable since other teams have been ditching them in recent years. It's too bad they aren't looking at issuing credit-card-type tickets that could also allow payments for merchandise, but it's probably not worth the cost for so few games.

Speaking of which, i assume I'm not the only STH to notice that we are getting eight games (plus, hopefully, a playoff game) next season if things go as planned. I guess Moncton/Halifax are getting another crack at one of our home games, which I suppose is only fair but I really hope this is the last time we have to be the fanbase making that sacrifice.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Took option 1, renewed for next year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    No paper tickets is the new norm, in basically everything, not only sporting events. I forgot my paper tickets last season and used my phone. We will have to get our souvenirs in other forms.

I haven’t renewed and not sure if I will. I don’t foresee attending games as an option next season. MLSE can weather the COVID storm without my funds. I’ll be there money in hand when a product is actually available. Not the most popular decision to spread on an Argos forum, but it is the smart money one.