Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    No idea where/who the Argos will be looking this draft? They seem pretty loaded with Canadian talent and at a bunch of position groups.

Ferguson has them taking D. Stevens (Maine)? - he's playing MLB for them recently but maybe more a CFL rush end type? They already have young former draft picks Kwemo & Cassar as big MLB types; and they are loaded at import DE talent and still have Robbie Smith as a promising young NI DE. Picking Stevens would make little sense to me. Tough to disagree with resident CFL site draft "expert" Marshall though. ;o)
    I could see them taking Stevens. But as you say he more a rush end in the CFL at 6'2 255. Going back to Maine for another year though.

Not too many surprises in the Canadians be drafted by the NFL. Just where they were picked. I thought Hubbard would be picked before St. Juste, but RB's are not as valuable in the NFL now as they used to be. Jackson not being picked at all was a bit of a surprise, I thought he might go late rounds. So Ogbongbemiga, Jackson, LeBelle and Lestage not drafted but still signing as FA'a will probably still get picked fairly high in the CFL as futures.
    Going to be a lot of future picks this draft with several going back to College for another year.
    Don't know how much that will affect the teams Canadian content. That rumour of the League going to 3 starting Canadians in the future might well be true if they merge with the XFL. The GM's may have decided they could compete with the American teams with that number and still keep Canadian content for the Canadian teams. We will have to see how it plays out.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    I could see them taking Stevens. But as you say he more a rush end in the CFL at 6'2 255. Going back to Maine for another year though.

Not too many surprises in the Canadians be drafted by the NFL. Just where they were picked. I thought Hubbard would be picked before St. Juste, but RB's are not as valuable in the NFL now as they used to be. Jackson not being picked at all was a bit of a surprise, I thought he might go late rounds. So Ogbongbemiga, Jackson, LeBelle and Lestage not drafted but still signing as FA'a will probably still get picked fairly high in the CFL as futures.
    Going to be a lot of future picks this draft with several going back to College for another year.
    Don't know how much that will affect the teams Canadian content. That rumour of the League going to 3 starting Canadians in the future might well be true if they merge with the XFL. The GM's may have decided they could compete with the American teams with that number and still keep Canadian content for the Canadian teams. We will have to see how it plays out.
    Stevens was playing MLB for Maine recently; i thought i read before he was more of an OLB /rush end type, but not sure? Read he will transfer to a bigger US college ball program for a final season, but if he doesn't get what he likes there, would show-up in the CFL ?

And the CFL GOB club would do whatever to get rid of or reduce the ratio; an XFL merger would give them a great excuse - need to "compete" - too bad those clowns don't know CFL history to understand what a couple of good CFL teams - with the ratio of 50% plus NIs and 10 or more Canadian starters (the Stamps & Esks) did to the US based teams of that period with Americans only rosters = they totally dominated them.