Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I have always enjoyed watching drafts (NHL, NFL, CFL) for many years, I like the off season strategies involved with building a team.
    Not sure if it is a sign of the times or the fact the Argos haven’t played in so long (or a combination of both) but last nights draft didn’t interest me as much as it normally would have.
    TSN’s presentation also seemed flat.
    Watching that clown Ambrosie announce the picks was a real turn-off.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    The Argo draft could best be described as solid but unexciting. The first two choices could give the team depth at the OL in the upcoming years. There were a few players that fell out of the first two rounds, that I would have liked the Argos to have considered.

Hladik is an outstanding athlete who could well develop into a great rush DE
    Cimankinda with his versatility could be an excellent depth player on the DL
    Borsa has outstanding speed and quickness and would be great on special teams right away and possible develop into a very effective and versatile RB
    Hladik is a great Athlete, but I think he is the future at MLB in BC, rather than a DE.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Watching that clown Ambrosie announce the picks was a real turn-off.
    Agreed OV, my son said the same thing.
    Can’t help but get the greasy politician vibe from the guy.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    My interest in this years draft was mediocre at best compared to other seasons, it appears ratings tell a similar story.
    TSN ratings for Round#1 of the 2021 NFL draft up 26.7% over last years draft, conversely ratings this years TSN CFL draft show decreased 22% compared to last year.
    Out of sight out of mind it appears which doesn’t bode well if something happens with this season.

https://3downnation.com/2021/05/06/t...er-20-percent/
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    My interest in this years draft was mediocre at best compared to other seasons, it appears ratings tell a similar story.
    TSN ratings for Round#1 of the 2021 NFL draft up 26.7% over last years draft, conversely ratings this years TSN CFL draft show decreased 22% compared to last year.
    Out of sight out of mind it appears which doesn’t bode well if something happens with this season.

https://3downnation.com/2021/05/06/t...er-20-percent/
    Yikes, that does not bode well. I can understand both the increased interest in the NFL draft, given the larger than normal Canadian contingent, and the decreased interest in the CFL draft (out of sight...). Let's hope the CFL draft ratings can climb again next year. BTW, when did TSN start broadcasting the draft. IIRC, it's only been a few years?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Here's a list of draftees that could be competing for spots at camp this season (I know some will be returning to college for another year):

Offense

Dejon Brissett WR 2020
    Samuel Baker WR 2020
    Tommy Nield WR 2021
    Sammis Reyes WR Global 21

Dion Pellerin FB 2020

Theren Churchill OL 2020
    Dylan Giffen OL 2020
    Peter Nicastro OL 2021
    Sage Doxtater OL 2021

Defense

Tigie Sankoh DB Global 21
    Benjamin St-Juste DB 2021
    Joshua Hagerty DB 2021

Trevor Hoyte LB 2021
    Jack Cassar LB 2020

Luiji Vilain DL 2021
    Sam Acheampong DL 2020

Special Teams

Toshiki Sato K Global 21
    Max Duffy P Global 21

Given the extra number of draftees and all the new FA signings, camp should be very interesting . . . assuming we actually get to hold a camp this year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mocha View Post
    Yikes, that does not bode well. I can understand both the increased interest in the NFL draft, given the larger than normal Canadian contingent, and the decreased interest in the CFL draft (out of sight...). Let's hope the CFL draft ratings can climb again next year. BTW, when did TSN start broadcasting the draft. IIRC, it's only been a few years?
    Let’s be honest here. As much as I want to see as many Canadian players kick butt and become great players, there aren’t many “Franchise” players that come out the CFL draft. Every single franchise player in the NFL comes from that draft. It makes their draft better television for that reason alone. I would love to see the CFL get rid of the secret neg list and hold a public draft of American players (say 10 rounds) and then declare the 35 players on the net list at the same time they declare their rosters for the season. If they choose to keep all 10 players from that draft, the must release 10 from their current list.

I would also like to see the CFL stop placing undergrads on their neg lists. They should have to wait for players to declare for the draft before being allowed to do so.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Let’s be honest here. As much as I want to see as many Canadian players kick butt and become great players, there aren’t many “Franchise” players that come out the CFL draft. Every single franchise player in the NFL comes from that draft. It makes their draft better television for that reason alone. I would love to see the CFL get rid of the secret neg list and hold a public draft of American players (say 10 rounds) and then declare the 35 players on the net list at the same time they declare their rosters for the season. If they choose to keep all 10 players from that draft, the must release 10 from their current list.

I would also like to see the CFL stop placing undergrads on their neg lists. They should have to wait for players to declare for the draft before being allowed to do so.
    As a follower of Canadians in U Sports and the NCAA I love the Canadian draft.

If they had an American draft, I would probably see it as the beginning of the end for Canadians in the CFL. That's probably coming anyway with the merger of the XFL and the CFL anyway. Hopefully after the merger, a Canadian Players only football league could start up, something modeled after like what they are doing in the Canadian Elite Basketball league. Once the Canadians are gone or reduced again in the CFL I will stop watching it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by j-ski View Post

If they had an American draft, I would probably see it as the beginning of the end for Canadians in the CFL. That's probably coming anyway with the merger of the XFL and the CFL anyway. Hopefully after the merger, a Canadian Players only football league could start up, something modeled after like what they are doing in the Canadian Elite Basketball league. Once the Canadians are gone or reduced again in the CFL I will stop watching it.
    My feelings exactly !

And the CFL has at least lately promoted their draft more than some older CFL days; but with GOB 7 only thinking and more import content than ever on CFL rosters, the probability of Canadians drafted making impacts right away is lessened. A CFL of 10 or more Canadian starters (like the great CFL ball of the 70s & 80s) combined with even more draft hype would greatly increase interest in the CFL draft IMO - some fans could look forward to teams drafting guys who were going to get a shot to play right away. But with so little coverage of U Sports ball anyways, a lot of CFL fans have no clue about some of the fine talent that can graduate to the CFL; maybe including a Hec or Vanier winning QB. The NFL draft often features hype about a top college ball QB going to an NFL team in need; there is no such thing in the good ole CFL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by j-ski View Post

I am not against the Canadian draft or Canadian players. I’ve Said many times that the NI rule should be changed to where a team must have at least 4 Canadians on the field at all times (O, D and ST’s). This would increase the minimum amount of starting Canadians to 8 and make it harder for teams to designate certain positions for Canadians ie interior lineman.
    My point for an American draft is to bring to light the acquisition of these players.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Some obvious tiers to this draft.

Nicastro and Doxtater have high potential to be starters, and it will be a home run draft if Doxtater can play tackle.

Luiji Vilain (great name!) has the look of a great player but not the production -- the definition of a boom-or-bust type.

St. Juste is obviously a future as a 3rd round NFL pick.

The rest look like special teams guys as rookies, though apparently Hagerty is going back to school for another year.

Good luck to all of them.