Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I sent out a tweet today to TSN's CFL insiders regarding any news on O'Connor's free agency, and Farhan Lalji replied with this. Not encouraging IMO.
    Nothing imminent for Michael. Let’s hope he doesn’t fall through the cracks. @TheTrueQB is ready to be a legit #2 this season IMO
    — Farhan Lalji (@FarhanLaljiTSN) January 28, 2021
    Any news on some of the other Canadians (Adjei, Ackie, Lokombo)? IMO having these guys back is key to what they were trying to do from a marketing standpoint.

Also, wonder what our options are for a backup/3rd string QB (beyond MBT)?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny G View Post
    Any news on some of the other Canadians (Adjei, Ackie, Lokombo)? IMO having these guys back is key to what they were trying to do from a marketing standpoint.

Good question.

FWIW (not much other than being entertaining) 3DN's weekly column on ononymous quotes from people said that the Argos may be waiting to see if Cameron Judge hits free agency before they make a decision on Ackie and Lokombo. `
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Good question.

FWIW (not much other than being entertaining) 3DN's weekly column on ononymous quotes from people said that the Argos may be waiting to see if Cameron Judge hits free agency before they make a decision on Ackie and Lokombo. `
    Think they might be looking at Muamba? Based on what their focus was in free agency last year, getting home grown talent was important, as they wanted to improve on the field, but definitely want players they can promote off the field

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Were they focusing on locals for promotional reasons, or because those guys should be easier to convince to come to (& stay in) Toronto? Both, I suppose, but my impression was that it was more the latter.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Think they might be looking at Muamba? Based on what their focus was in free agency last year, getting home grown talent was important, as they wanted to improve on the field, but definitely want players they can promote off the field
    At this point, I have no idea. I would prefer to re-sign both Acki and Muamba over hoping that Judge is available.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    At this point, I have no idea. I would prefer to re-sign both Acki and Muamba over hoping that Judge is available.
    I think he was suggesting signing away MLB Muamba from the Als - are you thinking of Lokombo (OLB and safety) ? Sign Muamba - and cut Bear Woods, but still have young NI MLBs in Kwemo & Cassar in waiting ?

Judge was excellent for the Riders last season, but Ackie at his CFL best at the same position (Will OLB) was as good or better IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Close to 20 starting Canadians not yet signed across the League. Looks like we may have a stand off looming between the teams and them. We will soon find out if the C word comes into play after February 9th. Lokombo and Ackie would be starters for the Argos. Adjei a swing man, but could start if needed. I can see Woodson going home to Calgary and Cibasu going home to Montreal. The Argos do have a good number of Canadians on their roster, but Lokombo and Ackie would be difficult to replace.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Bear Woods is not getting cut anytime soon, IMO, regardless of how many good NAT LBs we end up with. He's a leader, a marketable commodity, and a coach-type veteran. I'd prefer to keep Lokombo and Ackie rather than pin hopes on Muamba or Judge. Think both are long shots at best, and both will expect big dollars. I'd hate like hell to lose Woodson, would be fine to bid adieu to Cibasu.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Close to 20 starting Canadians not yet signed across the League. Looks like we may have a stand off looming between the teams and them. We will soon find out if the C word comes into play after February 9th. Lokombo and Ackie would be starters for the Argos. Adjei a swing man, but could start if needed. I can see Woodson going home to Calgary and Cibasu going home to Montreal. The Argos do have a good number of Canadians on their roster, but Lokombo and Ackie would be difficult to replace.
    My preference would be to sign Lokombo and Ackie, wouldn’t lose any sleep over Cibasu leaving.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Adjei a swing man, but could start if needed. I can see Woodson going home to Calgary and Cibasu going home to Montreal.
    I kinda thought Adjei was being pencilled in as a starter, he was starting a lot in Edmonton and he was like a mentor to both Brescasin and Brissett back in the day. With him they could easily start 3 Canadian receivers, Brescasin and two of: Adjei, Cross (needs to see the ball more this year), Gittens (love the speed and agility), Brissett (huge talent) or Noel (fights for every ball and yard). Without him probably not. Woodson's a very good player but i'd keep Adjei if i had to choose.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Let's hope the new Argo regime - that didn't draft O'Connor - see some value there for TC competition.

Doubt he is going to cost more than CFL QB minimum; also can't see another CFL team having interest.
    But when do QBs start counting against the ratio? Isn't it soon? Even a GOB would take a serious look at grooming a competent and promising QB like MOC if it meant adding another American somewhere else.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level

Even if they re-sign O'Connor, they'll probably need to bring two more into camp, and it'll be interesting if they look for someone with CFL experience, although I don't know who that might be. They had Connor Cook and Mike Glass on their neg lists, and I'd really like to see Glass sign, great athlete, unpolished but scrappy and tough. I'd say pass on Cook, big and immobile like MBT, but not as talented as MBT.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    I think he was suggesting signing away MLB Muamba from the Als - are you thinking of Lokombo (OLB and safety) ? Sign Muamba - and cut Bear Woods, but still have young NI MLBs in Kwemo & Cassar in waiting ?

Judge was excellent for the Riders last season, but Ackie at his CFL best at the same position (Will OLB) was as good or better IMO.
    Definitely meant Lokombo. Brain fart.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Link to the Rod Pedersen Show interview with Martavis Bryant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUsj-MqXjuQ

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I kinda thought Adjei was being pencilled in as a starter, he was starting a lot in Edmonton and he was like a mentor to both Brescasin and Brissett back in the day. With him they could easily start 3 Canadian receivers, Brescasin and two of: Adjei, Cross (needs to see the ball more this year), Gittens (love the speed and agility), Brissett (huge talent) or Noel (fights for every ball and yard). Without him probably not. Woodson's a very good player but i'd keep Adjei if i had to choose.
    Just because Adjei started for the Esks last season (and was solid as a sure-handed, possession type guy on mostly short passes), does not mean he will start for the Argos (and I really doubt he would be the main starter if they go with only one NI in the 5 pack- not sure what will happen there to do with the 7 only- a bunch of potential Canadian starters for the D might mean only one NI starter in the 5 pack ?)

As far as overall receiver talent, meaning including well downfield receptions & big play ability, all of Brescacin, Noel, Gittens & Brissett, might be ahead of Adjei, but real, tough TC competition should determine that.

Agreed on liking to see Cross used more like he was a couple of seasons back - feed the big guy the ball and watch him truck some small LBs & DBs. Cibasu - if he re-signs - could play an even bigger role as a receiving H-back releasing downfield; but I'll believe the new offence deploying an H-back as an offensive weapon when I see it.

Woodson should be re-signed and given a real shot to start at D-half - he has the skills + the CFL experience now; Colquhon should get a real shot to start at corner too (same deal on skills & CFL experience); and Lokombo might be the safety. 3 NIs starting in one CFL D-backfield = mind boggling to a GOB.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Besides Matt Nichols ($220,000), Davaris Daniels ($80,000), Jamal Campbell ($25,000), Philip Blake ($25,000), Fabion Foote ($12,500) are owed bonuses on February 1st, so some or all of them could be gone at least until they test free agency.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Besides Matt Nichols ($220,000), Davaris Daniels ($80,000), Jamal Campbell ($25,000), Philip Blake ($25,000), Fabion Foote ($12,500) are owed bonuses on February 1st, so some or all of them could be gone at least until they test free agency.
    I read that article in 3DN and question the validity. It states Campbell is due to make 200k this season. There is no chance in hell that is accurate.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I read that article in 3DN and question the validity. It states Campbell is due to make 200k this season. There is no chance in hell that is accurate.
    Yeah - highly suspect; but fits the bill of goods sold/bought for typical CFL fans who want to reduce or get rid or the ratio - those Canadian O-lineman are all so wayyyyy over-paid because they can extort the poor CFL GMs.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    The Toronto Argonauts announced today the team has signed OL Cody Speller, agreed to terms on a new contract with WR DaVaris Daniels and OL Jamal Campbell and extended OL Philip Blake.

The team also announced today they have released American QB Matt Nichols, American LB Bo Lokombo and Canadian DL Fabion Foote.

https://www.argonauts.ca/2021/01/31/...al-make-moves/
    With the signing of Speller I am surprised Blake was retained. I gather he will be employed strictly as a Guard. I like the look of the revamped o line.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    With the signing of Speller I am surprised Blake was retained. I gather he will be employed strictly as a Guard. I like the look of the revamped o line.
    I’m liking the work Murphy and Pinball are doing with this roster.👍
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions