Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
There is virtually no chance Ottawa keeps Arbuckle without a contract renegotiation that has to happen by the end of today. He's not getting his $150k Feb. 1 bonus, just as Nichols was not getting his $220k Feb. 1 bonus.

It will come as no surprise to regulars on this forum that I hope we re-sign MBT and MOC, and let Nichols go wherever he can find a contract. If Arbuckle shakes loose today, I'd be fine with signing him, but not to a contract so big he has to be anointed as the starter. He is far from proven, and IMO was far less impressive than MBT was in 2019. He has age on his side, and Dinwiddie obviously has a good sense of what he can become, but IMO he needs to prove himself more than he has done to this point to warrant putting all our eggs in that basket.

I feel the very same way. In fact, today could turn out to be a complete bonus in disguise as I think Dinwiddie likely preferred Arbuckle, but just not at a premium price. If it's MBT, MOC and a 3rd with CFL experience, just as well.

The $200,000 saved on Matt Nichols gets us two other very good players.