Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    A great human being and player. Left us way too earlier. Rest in peace, Chris, we will miss you.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    A great human being and player. Left us way too earlier. Rest in peace, Chris, we will miss you.
    Couldn't have said it any better. I loved Shultzie.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    This news hit me hard. I've always been a huge fan of Chris Schultz. Loved the way he played and then loved him even more as a broadcaster. Really loved the brand new words he would always seem to come up with. Always so eager to hear him on the radio on Football Fridays with Mike Hogan. Those were the golden days of radio for me. I've really missed him on the TV broadcasts, but I always thought and hoped that he would be returning. Truly a sad day for all football fans. My condolences to all his friends and family..... and that includes his football family.

Boatman
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I once talked with him for about 15 minutes in an airport when I was on my way home from a Grey Cup. He seemed like a good dude, and a big supporter of Canadians in the CFL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    The Argonaut and CFL community lost a great man.
    A few years ago I coached my son’s flag football team in Burlington, during the playoffs Chris Schultz and Craig Butler showed up on a Saturday morning to spend time with the kids who were thrilled to meet both of them, wonderful down to earth guys who both cared about and gave back to the community that they lived in.
    My deepest condolences to his family and friends.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I am beyond belief with the passing of Chris.

When I lived in Burlington in the mid 90’s I was a coach in the Burlington minor football program. Schultzy coached with us. We were just a bunch of guys coaching, and he was a football all-star, but you’d never know that. He was so great to be around. You could tell right away when you met him that he was special and he made you feel the same way.

I remember having his playing card with the Argos. I brought it to practice one day and told him that he should show the kids. He took the cards, was amazed that he had a playing card, and was too modest to show the kids his cards (and the funny part was that I never got them back from him!).

We took our team to Pittsburgh on Thanksgiving weekend for an exhibition game there. We decided that instead of handing in the hotel with a bunch of 11 and 12 year old kids that we would go in to town and catch the Penguins game. We had a blast.

The other thing that I always laugh about when thinking about Chris is that no matter how many times he met my wife during the time we coached together he could never, ever, remember my wife’s name. He was always so apologetic about forgetting her name, and my wife and I always laughed about it every night on the way back from practice. When I told her today about his passing we laughed one more time. “He did have trouble with names”. That was always our running joke about Chris.

This hit me hard today. I haven’t seen him in about 25 years. He wouldn’t remember me (and certainly wouldn’t remember my name), but I’ll never forget him.

Thanks for letting me remember him here.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Couldn't have said it any better. I loved Shultzie.
    I would love to have heard Chris's opinion on the XFL/CFL venture. He always had such well thought out ideas and comments.