Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos View Post
    XFL would do well as a 3 down league and the longer / wider field imo.

Also where the Canadian Football League would never be accepted south of the border an alternatively named league with the same rules just might. Again imo.

A fair arrangement with the players at 50% of revenues would also solve a lot of issues
    Just remember, there aren't a lot of football stadiums in the US that can fit a Canadian field. The stadiums are built to accommodate their field and get the seats as close as possible to the field. I say there is no way the XFL would ever play with our rules.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Just remember, there aren't a lot of football stadiums in the US that can fit a Canadian field. The stadiums are built to accommodate their field and get the seats as close as possible to the field. I say there is no way the XFL would ever play with our rules.
    IMO most US fans can't get their head around the 3 down thing. Some other current CFL rules they might be ok with. Just have to look at their acceptance of some of the quirky XFL rules. But I think the bottom line here for the CFL is MONEY. The old saying, money talks. Wouldn't be surprised if MLSE is driving the bus now. Isn't "No Body" Junior now the CFL Governor?