Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    This entire thing is embarrassing. Ambrosie plans a press release to say basically nothing. I've defended him in the past, but now I am tiring of him at a rapid pace. I don't see how planning to partner up in any way with a league that has died twice can be beneficial in any way. That entire league was sold for less than the annual operating costs of 1 team in the CFL.

And to no ones surprise, Ambrisie made this announcement while not consulting with the PA. This stooge needs to be shown the door.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    This entire thing is embarrassing. Ambrosie plans a press release to say basically nothing. I've defended him in the past, but now I am tiring of him at a rapid pace. I don't see how planning to partner up in any way with a league that has died twice can be beneficial in any way. That entire league was sold for less than the annual operating costs of 1 team in the CFL.

And to no ones surprise, Ambrisie made this announcement while not consulting with the PA. This stooge needs to be shown the door.
    I’ve never been impressed with Ambrosie at all.
    He has created more division and mistrust between the owners and PA during his tenure.
    Talks a lot and says nothing of substance or value, his performance and lack of preparation when asking the government for a subsidy last year was beyond embarrassing.
    Your last sentence says it all, this goof has zero respect for CFL players who in turn have zero respect for him.
    The guy is a total train wreck.

https://3downnation.com/2021/03/10/c...-announcement/
    Last edited by Argo57; 03-10-2021 at 07:53 PM.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    My initial reaction is that yes, a straight merger would be a threat to the Canadian rules, the Canadian game and the historical greatness which needs not be explained here.

This isn't anything to worry about though. Nothing concrete has been mentioned whatsoever.

There are positive opportunities that could stem from talks like this. They could come up with a program to better define movement of players between leagues. This could potentially help with development and contract stability. Potentially.

Another possibility is the creation of something similar to the Champions League, where teams from both leagues would have to qualify. A Canada vs USA angle could bring more interest to the CFL.

I think we should just wait and see. I don't believe this is automatically a bad move.
    Last edited by "Issues"Mcgee; 03-10-2021 at 08:33 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:

Level

Bang-on AV !!!

The CFL is trying to recover from a lost season and hopefully get back on track with more interest and moving forward (10th team in Atlantic Canada should be a goal that is stressed, while reviving interest in Toronto & BC).

They needed this joke / fiasco like a hole in the head. Ambrosie is a total @$$-hat IMO - an embarassment is right.

But hey, it it's all about money, why not sell the CFL to The Rock (/ whatever clowns), and let him do as he pleases - merge the 2 leagues, go to 4 downs and other American rules, and get rid of Canadian players (they wouldn't even rate a try-out from the new, improved GOB club). BTW - how much money would all CFL ownership groups put together have? - less than The Rock i guess ?

Amazing some of the comments i am reading elsehwere on this topic though - the usual suspects who would think nothing of getting rid of Canadian content or rules in a new, improved (to them) CFL; makes me want to puke.

Boatman
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

He is exactly what the league management wanted.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SkalbaniasGhost View Post
    He is exactly what the league management wanted.
    That's probably the very sad truth.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Ambrose seems to jump out in front of everyone again. I can't see this working to any significant extent. Even players playing in the two leagues in separate seasons is hard to see on an ongoing basis because the players bodies would not get time to recover from the brutal nature of football if this was done repeatedly. The different types of ownership would be a major stumbling block to any deep cooperation. Many Americans never give a thought about anything in Canada, let alone Canadian football, so trying to generate interest in Canadian teams playing American teams in the US would be a steep mountain to climb. Furthermore, how long before there would be demands to reduce the number of Canadians playing if the leagues got involved in interlocking schedules?