Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
Judging by what's been written in this thread, this won't be a popular take. I think many (if not the vast majority of) fans do not realize just how dire the CFL's financial situation is. The current business model is broken, maybe irreparably. What the league (and let's be clear, Ambrosie is not doing this on his own) is doing is looking for a way to make the business sustainable. Whether they can find that through talks with the XFL remains to be seen, but at least they are looking. The alternative -- continue with the status quo -- will almost certainly result in the eventual death of the CFL, IMO.

As for not informing the players, while I fervently believe in the concept of co-operating with your partners, you also have to trust them to keep their mouths shut until you are ready to go public with something. I'm betting the league (again, not just Ambrosie) does not have such trust in the PA.
Sometimes I agree with PW and I have to say this is one of those times. And I might add I don't for a minute believe what Randy tries to implies, that they are just starting to talk with the XFL. I believe talks have been going on for quite a while.