Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
The participants for the April 15th Global Draft has been released. Several players with NCAA and CIS experience. Unsure how many rounds the draft consists of but I think the team can upgrade on its Global Talent from 2019.
Yes there should be some better players available in this years Global Draft because of the NCAA players included. Looking at the OL list there are a couple of guys I saw play in 2019 kind of by accident. Was watching a Bowl game in which Eastern Michigan was playing. The announcer mentioned a left tackle, Steve Neilson 6'7 325, was from Denmark. He looked like he could play in the CFL eventually IMO. He had started at RT in 2018 and then they switched him to LT in 2019. I see he was also in a NFL Camp last year.
Was watching a Cincinnati game that fall to check out TE Bruno Lepelle and found out the starting RT Chris Ferguson 6'5 310 was from the Bahamas. He looked like a pretty good prospect as well especially run blocking. So out that 8 man list they're looking at, that's a couple of players who could be good backups at least to start with. Teams are going to dress two Global players the last I heard.