Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    How cool would it be to get a tournament with the top 4 teams across the country in it? I'm not sure how the levels of the three leagues compare, but at least a match between the Montreal and Saskatoon powerhouses could be fun.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mocha View Post
    How cool would it be to get a tournament with the top 4 teams across the country in it? I'm not sure how the levels of the three leagues compare, but at least a match between the Montreal and Saskatoon powerhouses could be fun.
    I think it would be great but I think the new Central Canada league needs to achieve greater balance first. The Montreal Blitz outscored the two other teams 111-0, no doubt because they've been playing for two decades in several leagues and independently. Also the Central League is going to find it difficult to expand if Montreal keeps having total domination, just as women's hockey almost got dropped from the Olympics because Canada and the US so utterly dominated the competition there was virtually no interest outside these two countries. So the Canadians and Americans went about helping to develop other countries' teams to keep them in the Olympics and it worked.