Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    New Fan
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level

Season Tickets / Tickets news?

I haven't heard from the team regarding the status of my season tickets for the upcoming season. I kept my deposit from the cancelled season with them and got an email months ago saying "we'll let you know what's happening, no need to do anything". Is it radio silence for everyone or have I missed something?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill G View Post
    I haven't heard from the team regarding the status of my season tickets for the upcoming season. I kept my deposit from the cancelled season with them and got an email months ago saying "we'll let you know what's happening, no need to do anything". Is it radio silence for everyone or have I missed something?
    Expect some clarity by August 20th.😛
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I haven't heard anything either. Their website (and my invoice) is still based on 8 games plus a playoff.

Emailed client services and was just told they'll have information on the season 'soon'. I know things can change in short order but at least update the prices...they don't seem to want to collect balances all of the sudden?

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    My inbox is stuffed with Alouettes and Redblacks emails though…

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I haven't heard anything.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:

Level
    Just got an email and I'm sure others have as well to reconfirm our address for a ST gift they'll be sending, so it's good to know people are still breathing there!

My invoice is still based on 8 regular season games as opposed to 7.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    Just got an email and I'm sure others have as well to reconfirm our address for a ST gift they'll be sending, so it's good to know people are still breathing there!

My invoice is still based on 8 regular season games as opposed to 7.
    My account appears to have some sort of membership reward balance which appears to be equivalent to the cost of 4 tickets. I’m guessing that’s for the 1 less game seeing as how I have 4 ST on my account.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I got a hand written card from the ARRgos (Rob R) just now with a pin and decals. Think it was a previous gift , just the same I thought it was nice gesture. Looking forward to any home CFL game this year. When we win the grey cup in Hamilton this fall I think things will finally seem normal again.... Go ARRGOS !!!

New Fan
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    I spoke with the Argo's Wayne (very helpful and good to chat with) the other day as I was getting a little antsy and am considering adding another seat. He said we should be getting an email soon but essentially, the ST's will be prorated from last years prices. For example, my seats at $380 will be reduced to around $270 (which is close to the amount of my deposit from last year). He also suggested there may be some flexibility on games we are unable to attend, ie. another credit.

I forgot to ask him about the extra amount credited to our accounts. Perhaps it reflects the fact that we did not have a playoff game in 2019? Grey Cup tickets will be available to the Eastern ST holders once the Ticats take their orders, probably in September. Anyways, it sounds like they will be pretty reasonable, and he also promised us old codgers can still get paper tickets if we want! Presently, he and Rob are covering everyone but they may bring back some of the additional agents.

Hope this helps.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Since I didn't ask for a refund of my full payment for 2020 season tickets, I received an e-mail on Aug 24, 2020, stating since I kept current money on account I would receive 10% Bonus Credit (approx $100) for Food, Beverages and Special Merchandise.

As there will be 1 fewer home game, I assume there will be a further credit. It is not a big issue but it will be interesting to see how this all works out.

I speak to Rob every few weeks and must emphasize that he has always been very informative, considerate and helpful. It is always a delight talking to Rob. I know how hard he and others are working on behalf of us fans and I just want to state my appreciation for their efforts.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Achievements:

Level
    I got the email about tickets today. I'll have to phone in and ask something. It says tickets are digital this year, but I will never, ever rely on my phone for something like that, and only want printed tickets, even if I have to print them myself. I don't use my phone for anything but phone calls. I get the odd text, but I hate texting when I could talk to someone. Yes, I am old. My phone runs out of power very quickly, so I can imaging arriving at a game and not being able to use it, plus the fact that I have no clue how that works. I have no apps.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    Since I didn't ask for a refund of my full payment for 2020 season tickets, I received an e-mail on Aug 24, 2020, stating since I kept current money on account I would receive 10% Bonus Credit (approx $100) for Food, Beverages and Special Merchandise.

As there will be 1 fewer home game, I assume there will be a further credit. It is not a big issue but it will be interesting to see how this all works out.

I speak to Rob every few weeks and must emphasize that he has always been very informative, considerate and helpful. It is always a delight talking to Rob. I know how hard he and others are working on behalf of us fans and I just want to state my appreciation for their efforts.
    You mean 2 fewer home games or more. There are 14 games this season compared to 18, plus, there is no exhibition game, so potentially three fewer home games.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoFan1 View Post
    You mean 2 fewer home games or more. There are 14 games this season compared to 18, plus, there is no exhibition game, so potentially three fewer home games.
    Exhibition games haven't been part of the ST package in a while, and they have been playing and were planning a neutral site game, so it is really only 1 fewer home game than we've seen the last couple of years. It was stated when I purchased my 2020 tickets that it was for 8 home games and 1 playoff game. This year it's 7 + 1.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Bought season tickets for the first time this year. Yep it's taken decades but I'm finally living the dream.

Right from the get-go is was implied that the whole process would be paperless. I'd be more comfortable with physical paper tickets, even if I had to pick them up, but I'm going to give digital tickets the old college try.

They did butcher my name and it took two weeks to fix it but in all fairness I think it was the sales rep from MLSE who was responsible for the blunder. The Argos rep is great and he fixed everything.

No word on the actual tickets themselves but apparently all that information is coming shortly.

Overall I'm happy with the experience thus far.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    They did butcher my name and it took two weeks to fix it but in all fairness I think it was the sales rep from MLSE who was responsible for the blunder.
    I'm sure the problem arose because their software can't handle quotation marks in the first name field, "Issues."
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I'm sure the problem arose because their software can't handle quotation marks in the first name field, "Issues."
    Hahaha not to mention the word "Issues" was flagged by their algorithms and a background check was required.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    Bought season tickets for the first time this year. Yep it's taken decades but I'm finally living the dream.

Right from the get-go is was implied that the whole process would be paperless. I'd be more comfortable with physical paper tickets, even if I had to pick them up, but I'm going to give digital tickets the old college try.

They did butcher my name and it took two weeks to fix it but in all fairness I think it was the sales rep from MLSE who was responsible for the blunder. The Argos rep is great and he fixed everything.

No word on the actual tickets themselves but apparently all that information is coming shortly.

Overall I'm happy with the experience thus far.
    That's awesome. Congrats on being a first time ST holder.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Hey, thanks AV! I am looking forward to it!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    It would be appreciated if management would accommodate those of us without a smart phone and e-mail the tickets to those requesting. Unfortunately, my ancient but still working Blackberry, just wont do it. I also see the size of bag allowed, unless see-through plastic, has to be smaller than 6.5 " by 4.5" --basically a small clutch bag. Not sure I could ever get my wife to go to an outdoor function with such a small purse. I guess I'll be stuffing her things into my pockets!

Sorry to be a complainer but somebody has to play the role.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I bought a flex pack for games in Hamilton and they are going digital, but when I complained about that, I was told that I could pick up printed tickets at the box office before a game by just showing my ID. That is better, but it may mean having to show up long before game time and stand in a long line to get them.
    The Argos should have to do the same, because there are many people that don't carry a phone with them or have a phone that cannot work for that, or they don't know how to do it. I think it is a poor decision to go all digital at this time, but Ticats say it also has something to do with the pandemic and contact tracing.