Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Teams in all leagues have been moving toward digital-only tickets for a few years, but the pandemic just cemented it.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    It would be appreciated if management would accommodate those of us without a smart phone and e-mail the tickets to those requesting. Unfortunately, my ancient but still working Blackberry, just wont do it. I also see the size of bag allowed, unless see-through plastic, has to be smaller than 6.5 " by 4.5" --basically a small clutch bag. Not sure I could ever get my wife to go to an outdoor function with such a small purse. I guess I'll be stuffing her things into my pockets!

Sorry to be a complainer but somebody has to play the role.
    Your complaint here is warranted. I guess one way to look at it from a conspiracy point of view, a team owned by 2 telecommunications companies are trying to force people to buy cell phones. I have a smart phone, so it has no real affect on me, but I think this sucks. They should at least offer generic tickets or continue to allow you to print your ticket at home. I was told printing your own ticket is a no go.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 355
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I understand teams prefer to provide digital-tickets only and I'll undoubtedly end up using my wife's smart phone or more likely my son's, since we normally attend games together. However, hopefully without sounding too much like a luddite, shouldn't a team, which is trying to encourage fans to attend, attempt to accommodate the fans' needs and wishes? Or is that expecting too much?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I understand teams prefer to provide digital-tickets only and I'll undoubtedly end up using my wife's smart phone or more likely my son's, since we normally attend games together. However, hopefully without sounding too much like a luddite, shouldn't a team, which is trying to encourage fans to attend, attempt to accommodate the fans' needs and wishes? Or is that expecting too much?
    Totally agree

New Fan
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    <<

New Fan
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:

Level
    [QUOTE=Argos2020;154071]<<
    Not sure why my text didn't show up above. Perhaps for the best, it was negative. I briefly explained i'm a new fan and not happy with mobile tickets

New Fan
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    100%
    its not a big deal for me at the end of the day, but i know many people who does use or need a smartphone

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:

Level
    I'm trying to buy seasons fix for the first time in years. Called a few times this week and havent been able to get anyone on the phone. Also emailed and filled out the forms for call-backs and have heard nothing.

Are they not interested in selling tickets?

Boatman
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by dmont View Post
    I'm trying to buy seasons fix for the first time in years. Called a few times this week and havent been able to get anyone on the phone. Also emailed and filled out the forms for call-backs and have heard nothing.

Are they not interested in selling tickets?
    Contact me directly at mike.hogan@mlse.com I will make sure this is dealt with today.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Mike

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:

Level
    Virtual Town Hall is tonight at 6pm. Might be late as it runs into dinner.

Hopefully there will be some details on how STHs will be accommodated and other ticketing info. Something more than 'coming soon' will be nice

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 390
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I am interested in attending the Edmonton game this month. Individual tickets are still not available? Tried calling the ticket office. Never reached a live body. On hold for 15 minutes. I hung up as I have to earn a living. I have been a season ticket holder on and off but mostly on since 1982. I am not going anywhere.

But I am concerned newly interested fans will not be impressed.

These are simple things to get right. Communication and service. If the simple things aren't being done right the correct culture is not in place for the extremely difficult task of rebuilding this proud teams franchise in this market. Just observe what Hamilton, Ottawa, Saskatchewan, Winnipeg, Calgary and Edmonton do and adopt some of their best practices.

Or if MLSE is feeling lazy how about making an Argo ticket a mandatory buy for corporate season ticket holders for Leafs and Raptors. That's how they started with the Raptors in the nineties.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post

Or if MLSE is feeling lazy how about making an Argo ticket a mandatory buy for corporate season ticket holders for Leafs and Raptors. That's how they started with the Raptors in the nineties.
    100%. They are paying 10k per ticket for the Leafs anyway. Somehow I don't think they would even notice 300-500 additional per Argos ticket. Give them an option to donate them to boys and girls clubs if they have no intention of using them.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    100%. They are paying 10k per ticket for the Leafs anyway. Somehow I don't think they would even notice 300-500 additional per Argos ticket. Give them an option to donate them to boys and girls clubs if they have no intention of using them.
    Great idea. If they don't want to use it MLSE will gift the tickets to children's charities and the corporation or individual gets a tax write off. And the Argos get to connect with the next generation.

Not bad for a couple of nobodies on a fan site. Oh that's right. It's because we give a damn. Fandom is about a rooting interest. Passion for your team. The players have it, Pinball and Murphy have it. Mike Hogan and Don Landry have it. I need to see it this year from ownership and business management.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    I don't see forcing well-heeled fans to buy tickets they don't want and won't use as a way to build the brand back to financial success. We need fans who not only buy tickets but actually care about the team, not corporate writeoffs accepted with a shrug and a grimace. I don't see MLSE jacking up the price of Leafs and Raptors tix by even more than the increase they would normally apply. Price increases never go over well, even when the buyers have no choice but to accept it; artificially inflated increases would be even less popular.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I don't see forcing well-heeled fans to buy tickets they don't want and won't use as a way to build the brand back to financial success. We need fans who not only buy tickets but actually care about the team, not corporate writeoffs accepted with a shrug and a grimace. I don't see MLSE jacking up the price of Leafs and Raptors tix by even more than the increase they would normally apply. Price increases never go over well, even when the buyers have no choice but to accept it; artificially inflated increases would be even less popular.
    I'm going to agree with Paul here. Forcing tickets is not the solution and the strategy in no way helped the Raptors gain popularity.

What really did it for the Raptors was a combination of an incredibly successful ad campaign with Drake and the team doing well. That all started in the 2010's. Before that, most hardcore basketball fans in Toronto cheered for the Bulls, the Celtics or the Heat.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:

Level
    Single game tickets to go on sale on August 12.

Still unsure about ST seating and invoicing but little bit coming in at a time

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I mentioned this if MLSE feels like going the lazy route. It's not what I want either. They should apply themselves and use their resources and creativity to rebuild. This is what they did to help create a Raptors fanbase though.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 307
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    I mentioned this if MLSE feels like going the lazy route. It's not what I want either. They should apply themselves and use their resources and creativity to rebuild. This is what they did to help create a Raptors fanbase though.
    Not sure they know what route they want to take.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 355
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Good chance information re tickets will be coming out tomorrow

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Good chance information re tickets will be coming out tomorrow
    Based on what?
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022