Reply to Thread
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level

Sad as it is to say, but sometimes I wish the Argos ran things like the Ticats

It kills me to admit this, but damn am I jealous of the way the Ti-Cats present content to their fans.

https://3downnation.com/2021/08/03/t...r-2021-season/
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    It kills me to admit this, but damn am I jealous of the way the Ti-Cats present content to their fans.

https://3downnation.com/2021/08/03/t...r-2021-season/
    I just saw this and was thinking the same thing.
    Say what you want about that organization they put a premium on staying engaged and relevant with their fan base.
    One thing Hamilton does extremely well is promoting their players (as individuals) within the community through personal appearances at local retailers, open practices and fan days (which I know you are big on), their fans are emotionally invested with both the organization and players alike.
    Last edited by Argo57; 08-03-2021 at 05:24 PM.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    But, but ... MLSE are this corporate/sports, giant & genius; marketing & promotion smarts coming out their ying yang ... the saviour of the Argos ...

Oh wait, never mind ( i heard it's a lost cause).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    We all love the team but sometimes I despair at the actions of management. The situation of fans not allowed at the training camp is an example of how not to engage fans. First we are told there would be no fans allowed because of Covid19 but the decision would be reviewed at the end of the week. Then we are informed that no fans would be allowed because the stands were being renovated. Mixed messages like this do not engender confidence in how we are being treated as fans of the team. I too wish team management followed the lead of Hamilton.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:

Level
    I am envious.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I applaud MLSE empowering football ops to go out and improve the team on the field. But what the TiCats have done should be right in MLSE wheelhouse. But it comes down to passion, and want to. They put Pinball in charge of football ops and he immediately changed things for the better. Because he cares, he gives a $#!^. Who is in charge of game day, marketing, fan relations, sales? One of the job I interview questions needs to be why do the Argos matter to you? In addition to the business background.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    I applaud MLSE empowering football ops to go out and improve the team on the field. But what the TiCats have done should be right in MLSE wheelhouse. But it comes down to passion, and want to. They put Pinball in charge of football ops and he immediately changed things for the better. Because he cares, he gives a $#!^. Who is in charge of game day, marketing, fan relations, sales? One of the job I interview questions needs to be why do the Argos matter to you? In addition to the business background.
    What you have said is all true, Murphy and Pinball have done a nice job revamping the roster which has kept us diehards enthused for the last year and a half or so.
    Also a shout out to Mike Hogan who does a great job in engaging us on this forum and providing excellent content on the Argonauts website.
    Hamilton’s culture of being engaged with their fan base and the Hamilton community at large starts with Bob Young who seems to deeply care about that community and their well being first and foremost realizing that a healthy thriving business will likely be a side benefit to all of this.
    I have been to many Hamilton functions with my son including open practices, fan meet and greets, open houses and the like and can tell you they are first class when it comes to fan relations.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    What you have said is all true, Murphy and Pinball have done a nice job revamping the roster which has kept us diehards enthused for the last year and a half or so.
    Also a shout out to Mike Hogan who does a great job in engaging us on this forum and providing excellent content on the Argonauts website.
    Hamilton’s culture of being engaged with their fan base and the Hamilton community at large starts with Bob Young who seems to deeply care about that community and their well being first and foremost realizing that a healthy thriving business will likely be a side benefit to all of this.
    I have been to many Hamilton functions with my son including open practices, fan meet and greets, open houses and the like and can tell you they are first class when it comes to fan relations.
    I feel sick and ashamed for starting this topic. But truth is truth.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I feel sick and ashamed for starting this topic. But truth is truth.
    You need to call it as you see it as painful as it is sometimes.😛
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Boatman
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Chester Gilchrist used to drive around in a car sporting the words "Lookie, lookie, here comes Cookie!" How's that for fan engagement?

Radically Canadian!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    We all love the team but sometimes I despair at the actions of management. The situation of fans not allowed at the training camp is an example of how not to engage fans. First we are told there would be no fans allowed because of Covid19 but the decision would be reviewed at the end of the week. Then we are informed that no fans would be allowed because the stands were being renovated. Mixed messages like this do not engender confidence in how we are being treated as fans of the team. I too wish team management followed the lead of Hamilton.
    I love the job Pinball and Murphy have done rebuilding this team. If we only had a management that would focus on fan engagement and building, I would be so much more confident about where the Argos are going.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Surely, MLSE could do something like this. Surely.

And, until they try these kinds of things, I don't want to hear anything about merging with a twice-failed American league being the salvation of the CFL/Argos.
    Last edited by ArgoRavi; 08-07-2021 at 04:20 PM.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Surely, MLSE could do something like this. Surely.

And, until they try these kinds of things, I don't want to hear anything about merging with a twice-failed American league being the salvation of the CFL/Argos.
    I agree 100%. Until they have made some kind of effort in building off field branding, fan engagement, fan creation, have a vision, communicate the vision, the discipline and the patience to apply it consistently than they don't know what the Argos can really be.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Boatman
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Even if MLSE ran the Argos like TFC you may see an improvement in crowd size.
    Honestly, bring back the 2 tshirts and 2 tickets for 20 dollars shoppers drug mart package, legalize american style tailgating on cne grounds and charge 10 bucks for parking. Hamilton turns a blind eye to tailgating, it wont be Bills madness out there.
    As for the community angle, that's tougher. 25 years ago the Star had a page or 2 of high school sports once a week, the Metro Bowl was a big deal. I think the city as a whole needs to reconnect with football. That may be out of MLSEs hands, but what about dirt cheap merchandise, everyone kinda become a walking advertisement, increase brand visibility again. You really have to focus on grassroots stuff.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    One thing I do like is the effort to sign more Toronto players. They are more likely to stick with the team, other things being equal, there is simply a greater talent pool because of Toronto's size, and if the team tried to help them find local jobs there would be even more incentive for them to stay here. Player stability also helps build fan recognition and loyalty.

Boatman
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Topshelf View Post
    Honestly, bring back the 2 tshirts and 2 tickets for 20 dollars shoppers drug mart package, legalize american style tailgating on cne grounds and charge 10 bucks for parking. Hamilton turns a blind eye to tailgating, it wont be Bills madness out there.

...but what about dirt cheap merchandise, everyone kinda become a walking advertisement, increase brand visibility again. You really have to focus on grassroots stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    One thing I do like is the effort to sign more Toronto players. They are more likely to stick with the team, other things being equal, there is simply a greater talent pool because of Toronto's size, and if the team tried to help them find local jobs there would be even more incentive for them to stay here. Player stability also helps build fan recognition and loyalty.
    All good points and very correct.

Radically Canadian!