Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level

Argos Canadian Air Force

Brescacin, Noel, Gittens; with Brissett waiting in the wings.

Don
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    The two Argo touchdowns of the 2021 season have been scored by Canadians.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The Argos have a great chance to have the best set of Canadian receivers in terms of production in the league.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    The Argos have a great chance to have the best set of Canadian receivers in terms of production in the league.
    It is hard to play in the CFL as a Canadian. That does not sound right but it is true.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    The Riders have Lenius & Picton starting, and, getting targeted plenty (plus some other Canadian receivers on the roster)

The Lions have Durant & Shaq Johnson starting (plus Cottoy who played lots last season)

The Stumps have Mayala & Sindani starting (plus Hunchack on the roster)

The Bummers still have Demski & Wolitarsky starting

The Esks have used 3 Canadian receivers this season - Mike Jones, Shai Ross & Tevaughn Smith

We shall see which group gets plenty of playing time & production. Will Brissett draw in to replace Brescacin and will Noel & Gittens see more playing time ?

Argo Fan
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    The Riders have Lenius & Picton starting, and, getting targeted plenty (plus some other Canadian receivers on the roster)

The Lions have Durant & Shaq Johnson starting (plus Cottoy who played lots last season)

The Stumps have Mayala & Sindani starting (plus Hunchack on the roster)

The Bummers still have Demski & Wolitarsky starting

The Esks have used 3 Canadian receivers this season - Mike Jones, Shai Ross & Tevaughn Smith

We shall see which group gets plenty of playing time & production. Will Brissett draw in to replace Brescacin and will Noel & Gittens see more playing time ?
    Hey OV agree with this and I am also excited to continue to follow their progress, I guess where I am coming from is not a popular position. I am from the school of 50% of the starters should be Canadian. I am just jaded by the perception that Americans are better, but we just dont give Canadians a fair shot..... just wishfull thinking I suppose?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by REAL View Post
    Hey OV agree with this and I am also excited to continue to follow their progress, I guess where I am coming from is not a popular position. I am from the school of 50% of the starters should be Canadian. I am just jaded by the perception that Americans are better, but we just dont give Canadians a fair shot..... just wishfull thinking I suppose?
    Don\t preach to the choir ? ;o) (you are likely correct that it is not a popular position among many CFL fans ? - and i don't get that ???)

CFL rosters should be 50% + Canadian, IMO

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    The CFL was way more entertaining, IMO, when rosters had 37 men and 10 of them were NAT starters. We're never going back to 37, and 10 NAT starters is likely a lost cause as well. Economic realities, "player safety" and the belief that football needs tons of coaches/coaching have changed the equation forever.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    The CFL was way more entertaining, IMO, when rosters had 37 men and 10 of them were NAT starters. We're never going back to 37, and 10 NAT starters is likely a lost cause as well. Economic realities, "player safety" and the belief that football needs tons of coaches/coaching have changed the equation forever.
    Paul, we've discussed this before, but I think the major thing that needs to change it the play clock. The fast paced 20 second clock has become a joke as far too often 10-15 seconds of play time tick down before the ref whistles in the 20 second clock. I think they should go with a modified NFL style play clock. If the previous play ends with a player tackled in bounds, they should start a 30 second play clock immediately at the end of the play (NFL is currently 40). On an incomplete pass or out of bounds, the clock stops until the ball is spotted, so they should use the usual 20 second clock once the official spots the ball and blows play in (NFL uses 25 seconds here). The final 3 minutes would stay as is, because the clock stops after every play anyways. And please, stop running the game clock on converts.

Just something I would do if I had the power.

I guess the game time wasted before the ref whistles in the 20 second clock has a lot to do with the bigger rosters and allowing substitution packages, but it's annoying how many less offensive plays are being run in the CFL these days.

Regarding the ratio, I agree that they will never go back to 10 starters. Again, if I had the power, I would mandate at least 4 Canadians to be on the field at all times, be it offence, defence or special teams. This would increase the number of starting Canadians to a minimum of 8, and would give more positional variety for Canadian players.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Paul, we've discussed this before, but I think the major thing that needs to change it the play clock. The fast paced 20 second clock has become a joke as far too often 10-15 seconds of play time tick down before the ref whistles in the 20 second clock. I think they should go with a modified NFL style play clock. If the previous play ends with a player tackled in bounds, they should start a 30 second play clock immediately at the end of the play (NFL is currently 40). On an incomplete pass or out of bounds, the clock stops until the ball is spotted, so they should use the usual 20 second clock once the official spots the ball and blows play in (NFL uses 25 seconds here). The final 3 minutes would stay as is, because the clock stops after every play anyways. And please, stop running the game clock on converts.

Just something I would do if I had the power.

I guess the game time wasted before the ref whistles in the 20 second clock has a lot to do with the bigger rosters and allowing substitution packages, but it's annoying how many less offensive plays are being run in the CFL these days.

Regarding the ratio, I agree that they will never go back to 10 starters. Again, if I had the power, I would mandate at least 4 Canadians to be on the field at all times, be it offence, defence or special teams. This would increase the number of starting Canadians to a minimum of 8, and would give more positional variety for Canadian players.
    Yes to all of this, except I'd go to an immediate 25-second clock instead of 30. Force coaches to get their substitutions in immediately. That's why it will never happen, tho. Coaches are going to insist on using all those extra D-linemen and other defensive players whose job is to stifle offence. There are far, far more substitutions on defence than offence. That (and the clock issues that I believe arose solely because rosters were increased and coaches demanded to be able to shuttle the extra guys in) have drastically reduced the number of offensive snaps per game.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    The Elks deployed 3 Canadian starting receivers last night - M. Jones, T. Smith and Shai Ross - and all were targeted at least 3 times (not sure if import receiver Armanti Edwards is injured to not be dressed ?); though they did deploy an H-back (Tuck) look for a lot of the game.

And the Elks were without starting NI DE K. Boateng but they still started 9 Canadians anyhow.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    As indicated by Paul, this ship has, sadly, sailed but there is no reason not to mandate 10 Canadian starters again. The level of Canadian football talent is so much better and deeper than it was prior to 1996 when 10 Canadian starters was mandated.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Nice to see Brissett draw into the Air Force and get a couple of grabs; Gittens with only one target & catch though; and Llevi Noel has i guess been demoted in this air force ? (maybe they like to save him for his outstanding punt coverage, but IMO he is maybe the most talented all-around receiver in this Canadian crew - including Brescacin)

The Riders Canadian Air Force is flying much higher than the Argo crew - combined for 10 catches and 159 yards today, with rookie Schafffer-Baker drawing in and targeted a bunch, to go with Lenius & Picton.

Don
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Arbuckle went with who he was probably more comfortable with -- his former teammates in Calgary in Daniels and Rogers.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    RedBlacks Canadian air corps (Petermann, Behar, Klukas) put together a 13 catch for 147 yards outing vs. the Als

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    RedBlacks Canadian air corps (Petermann, Behar, Klukas) put together a 13 catch for 147 yards outing vs. the Als
    Good numbers but Behar drops as many as he catches. To me, he’s been a huge disappointment since entering the league. I am really impressed with Peterman and Klukas showed some in Calgary. Hopefully he isn’t too badly injured.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Good numbers but Behar drops as many as he catches. To me, he’s been a huge disappointment since entering the league. I am really impressed with Peterman and Klukas showed some in Calgary. Hopefully he isn’t too badly injured.
    I thought Behar had some pretty good chemistry with Davis last night. But he did drop a LOT of balls from Nichols the past few games.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Agreed on Behar - iffy hands; mind you the Bummers continue to trot out Adams, Lawler & Bailey, who all drop lots of passes.

Petermann was an excellent receiver at Mac; ran the fastest receiver 40 time at his CFL Combine; and looked very good when he got to play for the Bummers last season. He should hopefully graduate to more targets in that wimpy Ottawa offence; Behar has been lining-up at slotback - where i guess they thought he could play a Sinopoli type role as great hands, possession receiver - he is not that; better to switch Petermann inside and move Behar to wide-side WR.

Klukas looked pretty decent when he got some playing time in the Stumps offence last season (plus reportedly ran a blazing fast 40 time in off-season training - reported by 3 Down)

Argo Fan
    Achievements:

Level
    The Elks deployed 3 Canadian starting receivers last night - M. Jones, T. Smith and Shai Ross - and all were targeted at least 3 times (not sure if import receiver Armanti Edwards is injured to not be dressed ?); though they did deploy an H-back (Tuck) look for a lot of the game.

And the Elks were without starting NI DE K. Boateng but they still started 9 Canadians anyhow.
    Need a better H-Back for that style offence, trade for one who has those skills, may have to give up an olineman though 😉

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I see Tommy Nield has been put on the active roster for tomorrow's game. He's a decent sized SB.