Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I saw a report (it might have been Farhan Lalji) that stated that a number of Elks players have chosen not to be vaccinated. WTF. I would like to see this game played as much as the next guy but there is a bigger picture issue here. This postponement provides the CFL with an opportunity to take a leadership role in the community by publicly making vaccination mandatory. Of course players and personnel would have the right to choose to not be vaccinated just like any other person in our society but exercising that right would and should come at a price. Team personnel choosing not to be vaccinated are free to exercise their rights while sitting on their couch. A year and a half in we know the science. There needs to be consequences to this situation aside from rescheduling a game.

Elks players - get your ass to the clinic and roll up your sleeves. Take that leadership role in your community by publicly doing what you can to curb the spread of this virus. God knows Alberta could use some leadership right about now.

Excuse me while I get off my soapbox.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds Double Blue View Post
    I saw a report (it might have been Farhan Lalji) that stated that a number of Elks players have chosen not to be vaccinated. WTF. I would like to see this game played as much as the next guy but there is a bigger picture issue here. This postponement provides the CFL with an opportunity to take a leadership role in the community by publicly making vaccination mandatory. Of course players and personnel would have the right to choose to not be vaccinated just like any other person in our society but exercising that right would and should come at a price. Team personnel choosing not to be vaccinated are free to exercise their rights while sitting on their couch. A year and a half in we know the science. There needs to be consequences to this situation aside from rescheduling a game.

Elks players - get your ass to the clinic and roll up your sleeves. Take that leadership role in your community by publicly doing what you can to curb the spread of this virus. God knows Alberta could use some leadership right about now.

]

Given how many other organizations are starting to make vaccinations a condition of employment, this might be coming. Altho I doubt the CFL could (or would even try to) do it unilaterally. It's a union shop and I don't think they could just impose a new, extra-contractual condition of employment without facing a grievance -- and one that they would have an excellent chance of losing.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    ]

Given how many other organizations are starting to make vaccinations a condition of employment, this might be coming. Altho I doubt the CFL could (or would even try to) do it unilaterally. It's a union shop and I don't think they could just impose a new, extra-contractual condition of employment without facing a grievance -- and one that they would have an excellent chance of losing.
    The union would not agree to this at all without first approving the conditions and certainly not without receiving some guarantees in return.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 868
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level

Exercising a right should come at a price?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

You can still get COVID very easily if you are vaccinated.

The entire world could be 100 per cent vaccinated and this could still happen

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post

Yep; and vaccinations could be giving some a false sense of security: "ok, i got 2 jabs so now I can go hang-out in crowded gyms or churches (or wherever) with people with whom I have no clue about"

Reports saying 9 Elks players have tested positive recently - that could spread to another team they are lined-up against on the football field.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Yep; and vaccinations could be giving some a false sense of security: "ok, i got 2 jabs so now I can go hang-out in crowded gyms or churches (or wherever) with people with whom I have no clue about"

Reports saying 9 Elks players have tested positive recently - that could spread to another team they are lined-up against on the football field.

Escalators, railings and door handles are most likely the biggest culprits. They are no longer constantly being cleaned with disinfectants. Even if you are vaccinated, you are at risk going into any common area. If someone picks up something from the grocery store and puts it back, there is nothing anyone can do.

That is why we all still have to wear masks and booster shots are on the way. Nobody said the vaccines would end the pandemic.

There is just no point blaming anyone.

Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    [QUOTE="Issues"Mcgee;154722]Escalators, railings and door handles are most likely the biggest culprits. They are no longer constantly being cleaned with disinfectants. Even if you are vaccinated, you are at risk going into any common area. If someone picks up something from the grocery store and puts it back, there is nothing anyone can do.[QUOTE]

Pretty sure surface transmission is very rare. But I'll leave it at that. This is the thread for the game TBA.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    [QUOTE=ArgoGabe22;154726][QUOTE="Issues"Mcgee;154722]Escalators, railings and door handles are most likely the biggest culprits. They are no longer constantly being cleaned with disinfectants. Even if you are vaccinated, you are at risk going into any common area. If someone picks up something from the grocery store and puts it back, there is nothing anyone can do.

Pretty sure surface transmission is very rare. But I'll leave it at that. This is the thread for the game TBA.
    With all respect, I will go no further into any details about COVID. On the subject of the game, all I will say is blaming anyone specifically for the cancellation is baseless and highly unnecessary. It's actually pretty vicious.

I will say good day, and I will no longer discuss the matter.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Just to be clear, you are much less likely to get Covid if vaccinated, and even less likely to die be hospitalized or die from Covid.

“Since Dec. 14 2020, unvaccinated cases of COVID-19 accounted for 95.4 per cent of covid cases, with breakthrough cases accounting for only 0.5 per cent,” said Dr. Kieran Moore, Ontario’s Medical Officer of Health....

Moore said people with breakthrough cases can expect an illness with fewer complications. “The symptoms will be milder, they’ll be shorter, they’ll resolve quicker, there will be less virus in the front of your nose, and the ability to spread virus will be less.”

Family doctor Jennifer Kwan said the Delta variant is showing higher viral loads in those who are infected compared to other variants. “Right now we need to get as many people vaccinated as possible. We know that these vaccines work even against the Delta variant, at least in preventing severe outcomes.”
    https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/unvaccina...-say-1.5533172

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level

There are consequences for those players. They can't eat with teammates or workout together, etc. just to name a few. There are much more.