Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Week 4 Game Thread - Edmonton Elks @ Toronto Argonauts - POSTPONED

Uh oh!

TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I was about to exchange my tickets for this game since I can not attend, but I better hold off to see where this goes!

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Damn!

First off, obviously I hope the players are ok. I hope a game can go forward because I don't know when they would squeeze in a postponed game. I thought there would be cancelled games rather due to COVID positivity, and they get an automatic L. I guess that would only apply if the team is found to have failed to implement certain protocols.

I'd hate for the Argos to get a W that way, but then again I guess there's a risk of spread to the team. Sucks, but we all knew this season would be different.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I say move the game to Sunday afternoon. Sunday afternoons have historically been good crowd days for the Argos. Even though it's been years since we've experienced one.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

New Fan
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    I was about to exchange my tickets for this game since I can not attend, but I better hold off to see where this goes!
    same. is there a deadline for when you can exchange a game?

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Achievements:
    Level
    Seeing that both teams don't play until Labour Day after this scheduled game, there should be some flexibility to bump it by a few days. I'd think Edmonton could fill the gaps in their lineup if given a bit of time. As AngeloV states, Sunday afternoon could be possible as it doesn't overlap the other game that day either.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I say move the game to Sunday afternoon. Sunday afternoons have historically been good crowd days for the Argos. Even though it's been years since we've experienced one.
    They could do that or put it to next week Monday. If they can't reschedule, I guess the Elks will have to forfeit.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan52 View Post
    same. is there a deadline for when you can exchange a game?
    It used to be 48 hours in the old days of calling your rep. Now that it’s online, I’m not sure. Regardless, reports are already coming in that the game is indeed postponed.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Either way this is great news for the Argos. We are seriously banged up, and an extra few days of prep and rest could be huge.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    The postponement is official.

The replacement game should be scheduled at the convenience of the non-plague-ridden Argonauts.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    I wonder how often game cancellations are going to happen this season and how that will impact the playoffs if that should happen then.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    If the game is forfeited, it hurts us fans, who want to see the next steps taken by an exciting team, and it takes away an opportunity for the organization to continue its on-field development. Not to mention the lost ticket revenue, and the likelihood of anti-CFLers seizing on this as more "evidence" of bush league. I am really hoping the game can be rescheduled for next Monday evening (or Sunday, or if necessary Tuesday). One way or another I expect we will know within 48 hours.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    If the game is forfeited, it hurts us fans, who want to see the next steps taken by an exciting team, and it takes away an opportunity for the organization to continue its on-field development. Not to mention the lost ticket revenue, and the likelihood of anti-CFLers seizing on this as more "evidence" of bush league. I am really hoping the game can be rescheduled for next Monday evening (or Sunday, or if necessary Tuesday). One way or another I expect we will know within 48 hours.
    I agree. I don't want a forfeit. Either Sunday or Monday would be great. Better for the Argos as they wouldn't have another short week, and still give both Argos and Edmonton a full week before Labour Day. There is some talk of moving it to the Argos bye week in October as well, but Sunday or Monday would be ideal.

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    I'm not entirely crazy about Sunday or Monday simply from the perspective that the Argos, in theory, were supposed to go into Labor Day on more rest than Hamilton (a day's difference I realize may not be that significant), but now Hamilton may be looking at a 1-2 day advantage in terms of rest time.
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    The NFL had to reschedule several games during the 2020 season, but I agree it won't stop the haters from making any comments.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I'm not entirely crazy about Sunday or Monday simply from the perspective that the Argos, in theory, were supposed to go into Labor Day on more rest than Hamilton (a day's difference I realize may not be that significant), but now Hamilton may be looking at a 1-2 day advantage in terms of rest time.
    It's not a factor if both teams have a full week. If a team has a short week, that's when it becomes a factor because you don't have proper recovery time from the previous game. 7 days gives players regular recovery time between games.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I saw a report (it might have been Farhan Lalji) that stated that a number of Elks players have chosen not to be vaccinated. WTF. I would like to see this game played as much as the next guy but there is a bigger picture issue here. This postponement provides the CFL with an opportunity to take a leadership role in the community by publicly making vaccination mandatory. Of course players and personnel would have the right to choose to not be vaccinated just like any other person in our society but exercising that right would and should come at a price. Team personnel choosing not to be vaccinated are free to exercise their rights while sitting on their couch. A year and a half in we know the science. There needs to be consequences to this situation aside from rescheduling a game.

Elks players - get your ass to the clinic and roll up your sleeves. Take that leadership role in your community by publicly doing what you can to curb the spread of this virus. God knows Alberta could use some leadership right about now.

Excuse me while I get off my soapbox.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds Double Blue View Post
    I saw a report (it might have been Farhan Lalji) that stated that a number of Elks players have chosen not to be vaccinated. WTF. I would like to see this game played as much as the next guy but there is a bigger picture issue here. This postponement provides the CFL with an opportunity to take a leadership role in the community by publicly making vaccination mandatory. Of course players and personnel would have the right to choose to not be vaccinated just like any other person in our society but exercising that right would and should come at a price. Team personnel choosing not to be vaccinated are free to exercise their rights while sitting on their couch. A year and a half in we know the science. There needs to be consequences to this situation aside from rescheduling a game.

Elks players - get your ass to the clinic and roll up your sleeves. Take that leadership role in your community by publicly doing what you can to curb the spread of this virus. God knows Alberta could use some leadership right about now.

]

Given how many other organizations are starting to make vaccinations a condition of employment, this might be coming. Altho I doubt the CFL could (or would even try to) do it unilaterally. It's a union shop and I don't think they could just impose a new, extra-contractual condition of employment without facing a grievance -- and one that they would have an excellent chance of losing.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level

Exercising a right should come at a price?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:

Level

You can still get COVID very easily if you are vaccinated.

The entire world could be 100 per cent vaccinated and this could still happen