Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I wouldn’t trade Arbuckle.
    Argos are going pretty well right now, QB quality and depth are a must.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I don’t believe this at all. Coming from the guy who said the Argos didn’t even want to play this season. Justin Dunk is a nice guy, but fits in well with 3rd Down on their common negative slant on anything Argos. They recently had a sole article dedicated to how difficult it is to get to BMO field! An attempt at creating dissension within the Argonauts right after they beat Dunk’s Ti-Cats and are controlling first place is how I see it.
    Last edited by ArgoZ; 10-15-2021 at 08:56 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    I don’t believe this at all. Coming from the guy who said the Argos didn’t even want to play this season. Justin Dunk is a nice guy, but fits in well with 3rd Down on their common negative slant on anything Argos. They literally had an article stating how difficult it is to get to BMO field! An attempt at creating dissection within the Argonauts right after they beat Dunk’s Ti-Cats and are controlling first place is how I see it.
    You need to dig deep at 3Down to find an article on this game, wonder why?😂
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Someone’s not taking the loss very well?

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...IDNX7iqzKCl-u-
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I don’t believe this at all. Coming from the guy who said the Argos didn’t even want to play this season. Justin Dunk is a nice guy, but fits in well with 3rd Down on their common negative slant on anything Argos. They recently had a sole article dedicated to how difficult it is to get to BMO field! An attempt at creating dissension within the Argonauts right after they beat Dunk’s Ti-Cats and are controlling first place is how I see it.
    Dunk is the one guy I trust at 3DN. I’m sure he isn’t just pulling this rumour out of his a$$. He has sources within the league that are telling him this. Now, whether the Argos are initiating this or teams are kicking tires and inquiring, who knows for sure? My guess is the latter.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    That article was terrible. Driving in Toronto, what do you expect. On a side note, I was in Ottawa a couple weeks ago and what a nightmare of a city to drive in. For the population they have, the GTA isn’t too bad. Driving to McGill is probably a nightmare too
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime31 View Post
    Then again, the Ticats have both Evans and Masoli under contract and both are paid as starters I believe. In fact, I had to make that fact clear to Ticats fans the other day when they questioned the Argos being over the cap.

Hopefully, the Argos will re-sign Arbuckle but it will depend on his salary.

As for MBT and his lack of "zip" in his passes, it was more of a ball placement than a lack of zip. For most of the passes broken up, most were thrown on the inside shoulder rather than the outside where it would have been much more difficult to break up. Against Montreal, MBT had the combination of zip and excellent placement on his passes. At least he was not overthrowing his passes like Arbuckle was against Saskatchewan.
    Ti-Cats spending big money on 2 QB’s might be why there O has sucked all year. They couldn’t re-sign Ryker Matthew’s as a result and of their o-line has been horrible. Thinking is that Dane Evans made a big difference, but their O didn’t exactly score points when he was starting either. Labour Day they had a defensive and ST TD and their O actually only put up
    17 points.

I don’t want to get into the MBT thing again, but I will only say this. The wide side pass to Gittens was not his first read and it was a very long throw. To split hairs over which shoulder it was thrown to is very unfair. The ball got to it’s destination on a late read.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Dunk is the one guy I trust at 3DN. I’m sure he isn’t just pulling this rumour out of his a$$. He has sources within the league that are telling him this. Now, whether the Argos are initiating this or teams are kicking tires and inquiring, who knows for sure? My guess is the latter.
    TBH it makes no sense for the Argos to be initiating any trade talks involving Arbuckle.
    Why would the Argos jeopardize their own depth at a very important position to potentially help another organization at this point of the season?
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Achievements:
    Level
    Originally Posted by AngeloV

He is really likeable. I think that’s why so many confide in him. He’s got to be more careful though. He’s had a reputation of talking half truths and running with them. For example, someone in the Argos Front Office, not Operations, remarked that playing a season without fans is something the Argos would be not keen in doing and he ran with the headline that the Argos are one of two teams not interested in playing 2021. I rightly suspect, something similar happened in this case. Of course, the fact it all come’s from a Ti-Cats homer is fitting.

If the Argos trade any of their QB’s to an East opponent, that is pure stupidity. So, we are talking Edmonton then? Why would they sell the farm for a player they can have in a few months for free? Might as well say MBT is for trade, because he is if the price is right.
    Last edited by ArgoZ; 10-15-2021 at 10:03 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Originally Posted by AngeloV

He is really likeable. I think that’s why so many confide in him. He’s got to be more careful though. He’s had a reputation of talking half truths and running with them. For example, someone in the Argos Front Office, not Operations, remarked that playing a season without fans is something the Argos would be not keen in doing and he ran with the headline that the Argos are one of two teams not interested in playing 2021. I rightly suspect, something similar happened in this case. Of course, the fact it all come’s from a Ti-Cats homer is fitting.

If the Argos trade any of their QB’s to an East opponent, that is pure stupidity. So, we are talking Edmonton then? Why would they sell the farm for a player they can have in a few months for free? Might as well say MBT is for trade, because he is if the price is right.
    I also don’t believe the Argos are shopping him. It would be a dumb move. But I don’t doubt that at least one other team has inquired.

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I am not a fan of 3DownNation.

I recall a few years back when the Argos cut someone before the bonus deadline. Now we can argue the morality of that, but the Alouettes did something similar at the same time, and the language in the headline for the Als was much more neutral than it was for the one about the Argos.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Having two top flight QB's is a definite advantage. Not sure why the team would trade away that advantage.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Someone’s not taking the loss very well?

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...IDNX7iqzKCl-u-
    LOL, what a suck!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    Having two top flight QB's is a definite advantage. Not sure why the team would trade away that advantage.
    It's possible Dinwiddie sees Pipkin as a top-flight QB as well -- three is a luxury that would allow the team to trade from strength to shore up weakness. Also, if RD has (as I believe is the case) decided MBT is his man, he might want to eliminate any chance of dissension or unhappiness from a guy who feels demoted. Also, Arbuckle is unsigned for next season, and if the org is fully behind MBT as the guy, it might make sense to see if it can obtain something for an asset it has now but will no longer have in February. Also, it's evident that the East is winnable this season, so the org might be inclined to beef up in areas where improvement is needed, such as the d-line. Not saying a trade is going to happen, or should happen, but if one does, one or more of those factors will be behind it, IMO.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Boatman
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Achievements:

Level
    The debate to trade Arbuckle is over.

Harris to the Qb needy Alouettes. Bet the Argos asking price was a lot higher than the Elks.

Wonder how Almondo Sewell and Harris are going to coexist as teammates after Sewell calling him soft.

Adams must truly have a season ending injury ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I would have thought Ottawa needed Harris more than Montreal.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I would have thought Ottawa needed Harris more than Montreal.
    No way. They are done as far as playoffs go, and he's 36 next season. The move would make no sense for them at this time other than to give their fans some nostalgia.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    No way. They are done as far as playoffs go, and he's 36 next season. The move would make no sense for them at this time other than to give their fans some nostalgia.
    That is an interesting opinion, however Harris could provide the very young and inexperienced QB's some valuable leadership. But I see where you are coming from.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    That is an interesting opinion, however Harris could provide the very young and inexperienced QB's some valuable leadership. But I see where you are coming from.
    I don't know what will happen with Harris, but an experienced QB could help the inexperienced group of QBs weather the baptism of fire and sacks that is likely to continue into next year as they develop.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    Level
    Harris is injury insurance. I think he's done as a starter, and I wouldn't even want him as a backup going forward.