Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

Toronto FC vs. New York Red Bulls

vs.

MLS Regular Season: Matchday #32
    Wednesday, October 14, 2015. 7:00pm EDT.
    BMO Field. Toronto, ON.

TV:
    TSN
    Video Webcast: TSN Go - MLS Live
    Radio: N/A
    Audio Webcast: N/A

Tickets Available: Here or at the BMO Field Gate 1 Box Office Monday to Friday from 10am-6pm and on Gamedays until the start of the second half.

Match Preview: Here

Post-Match Update:

Match Highlights

Match Recap

Jet-setting Giovinco leads Toronto FC to playoff berth

Final Score: 2-1
    Last edited by T-Bone; 10-15-2015 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Post-Match Update

Banned
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

Toronto FC vs. Columbus Crew SC

vs.

MLS Regular Season: Matchday #33
    Saturday, October 17, 2015. 2:00pm EDT.
    BMO Field. Toronto, ON.

TV:
    TSN1/4

Tickets Available: Here or at the BMO Field Gate 1 Box Office Monday to Friday from 10am-6pm and on Gamedays until the start of the second half.

Post-Match Update:

Match Recap

Toronto FC listless in 'disappointing' loss to Columbus

Final Score: 0-2
    Last edited by T-Bone; 10-18-2015 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Post-Match Update

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Pretty neat story about the guy who flew in, and scored the winning goal.

Congrats to the soccer team for making the playoffs.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    Pretty neat story about the guy who flew in, and scored the winning goal.

Congrats to the soccer team for making the playoffs.
    Crazy night. There were about 20 of us that watched the Jays game in its entirety at our local bar for TFC home games and then we headed to the TFC game which ended up being the second half. Giovinco's goal was probably the best goal I've ever seen live. Guy is top class. Exciting time to be a Toronto sports fan. TFC, Jays, and the Argos all doing well.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    18,143 at BMO to watch Toronto FC clinch a playoff spot. That's not even a good Argo crowd and is not even a full house at BMO feild before expansion renovations in it's original stage. Nice goal though, Giovinco is far too good for the MLS and imo wasting his peak years playing soccer in North America. He is being paid well though as a designated player.

Credit to Kurtis Larson for the attendance reference, even though I can't stand this prick's comments about the Argos, I'll attribute my sources.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    Giovinco is far too good for the MLS and imo wasting his peak years playing soccer in North America. He is being paid well though as a designated player.
    Maybe he really likes the lifestyle he can live here, more in anonymity than he would back home.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Maybe he really likes the lifestyle he can live here, more in anonymity than he would back home.
    No doubt, as I've mentioned that before. He's actually getting called up for national team duty with Italy, which was once unheard of for any Italian playing abroad. In the 90's, you could've stayed in Europe but outside of Italy and you would not have had your place in the national team saved. Since the Bosman rule, everybody with a European passport from any country is playing all over the place. Domestic league soccer is not as different from country to country as it used to be. Big teams spend money and play like every other big club in Champions' League and poorer teams develop good talent but sell them to big clubs in order to stay in top domestic division...really boring now, if you ask me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    18,143 at BMO to watch Toronto FC clinch a playoff spot. That's not even a good Argo crowd and is not even a full house at BMO feild before expansion renovations in it's original stage. Nice goal though, Giovinco is far too good for the MLS and imo wasting his peak years playing soccer in North America. He is being paid well though as a designated player.
    He sure looks like he is having fun and so is the TFC, MLS and its fans, so hard to say it's a waste. It reminds me when people claimed that Flutie was wasting his years in Canada. Seba's goal was almost Messi like and you don't hear anyone questioning his time in La Liga, despite the competitive unbalance in that leagues teams.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    He sure looks like he is having fun and so is the TFC, MLS and its fans, so hard to say it's a waste. It reminds me when people claimed that Flutie was wasting his years in Canada. Seba's goal was almost Messi like and you don't hear anyone questioning his time in La Liga, despite the competitive unbalance in that leagues teams.
    Drawing similarities in calibre of play between playing in the MLS to playing in La Liga, Spain's first division is more erroneous than saying playing in the ECHL is similar to a guy playing in the NHL. It's ridiculous.

Flutie played in the 2nd best football league in the world when no NFL team wanted him...the MLS is not anywhere near the 2nd best soccer league in the world. Nowhere near it.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Flutie played in the 2nd best football league in the world when no NFL team wanted him...the MLS is not anywhere near the 2nd best soccer league in the world. Nowhere near it.
    And how ridiculous is that statement for comparison? How many professional football leagues are there in the world vs. soccer leagues?

Giovinco appears to genuinely like Toronto and that makes me extremely happy. I sit in the south end and watching his goal on Wednesday unfold as he came towards us was a top highlight of any sporting event I've ever seen live. I look forward to more seasons of watching his calibre unfold on the field in front of me.

Giovinco: "I love Toronto" Seba enjoy your coffee ;-)Video by Marco TallaricoShare if you like it !

Posted by Toronto FC Fans on Friday, October 16, 2015

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

Montreal Impact vs. Toronto FC

vs.

MLS Regular Season: Matchday #34
    Sunday, October 25, 2015. 5:00pm EDT.
    Saputo Stadium. Montreal, QC.

TV:
    TSN4/5

Post-Match Update:

Match Recap

Final Score: 2-1
    Last edited by T-Bone; 10-26-2015 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Post-Match Update

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    And how ridiculous is that statement for comparison? How many professional football leagues are there in the world vs. soccer leagues?

Giovinco appears to genuinely like Toronto and that makes me extremely happy. I sit in the south end and watching his goal on Wednesday unfold as he came towards us was a top highlight of any sporting event I've ever seen live. I look forward to more seasons of watching his calibre unfold on the field in front of me.
    Try checking the internet, They're many Gridiron football leagues and not just in North America, some in Europe...but if you want to just look at pro leagues in the US you have Arena League (AFL), and (AFL2), neither is as good as the Canadian Football League as they have guys who can't play effectively, yet get decent audiences down south.

Gill Fenerty was a American back that was playing pro football in Italy when Leo Cahill got him to come to the CFL. It rejuvenated his North American career and eventually made the NFL after a couple of seasons here in '87, '88. When the idiot GM's in the CFL decided to not give the most exciting player to play CIS football a chance, Chris Flynn, he decided to play pro football in France. What a shame? The most exciting CIS player who actually had become a household name playing in the CIS was not even given a chance to play and sell tickets in the CFL. Anyways that just goes to show there are other leagues, yet the CFL is the 2nd best.

The MLS as a league has a lower calibre of play than many countries 2nd division soccer leagues, so I know what I'm talking about. His acheivements don't mean as much in MLS as they would in Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga and EPL. Giovinco liking Toronto means nothing in terms of your argument...he's got 7 million reasons to like Toronto and it has nothing to do with TFC and MLS, but with this symbol, ($$$$$$$)

MLSE will have to measure if they are getting value. To their credit, they've acknowledged they were going to lose money over the deals to bring Giovinco last off-season and Defoe and Bradley in the previous year. If they deem that the money spent is not worth it, based on their returns in attendance and results, then they'll sell him the way teams in Europe sell their best players all the time.

The business of sports tells me that you'll be hard pressed to see him play his whole contract in Toronto. I think they'll be many teams in Europe inquiring about his services even this off-season and they may offer not just cash but players so that MLSE can save face when they do sell him...Players not as dynamic obviously, but players that could help that porous defence which borders on high school level, (OK University and College level) and I'm serious, I think it's that shitty.

You notice there are very few tie games, no 0-0, 1-0, or 1-1 games in the MLS. It's not because it's so offensive, it's because the teams are that poor defensively and can't execute a shutdown strategy. Some teams have a hard time putting together 3 passes to be considered attacking juggernauts. It's just that every defensive miscue ends up in the back of the net.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Drawing similarities in calibre of play between playing in the MLS to playing in La Liga, Spain's first division is more erroneous than saying playing in the ECHL is similar to a guy playing in the NHL. It's ridiculous.

I was not directly comparing talent between the leagues, but trying to illustrate that his time here is not a waste. When Messi dribbles around a whole lower tiered team for a goal, you don't hear how it's too easy or he's just wasting his time, even though it's clear the opposition are no match for a stacked Barca team. Sometimes players are just good and you need to appreciate their skill, not rip on their opponents. If he's having fun, getting results and getting paid, I don't see it as a waste. It's sports entertainment, we want to see amazing goals.

Critics are quick to dismiss the level of MLS, especially some CFL fans, which is just and yet hypocritical at the same time. It has come a long way. There may be leagues that are ranked better, but a lot of those players in those leagues wish they were in the MLS! Adding players like Giovinco is going to make the league better.

You notice there are very few tie games, no 0-0, 1-0, or 1-1 games in the MLS. It's not because it's so offensive, it's because the teams are that poor defensively and can't execute a shutdown strategy. Some teams have a hard time putting together 3 passes to be considered attacking juggernauts. It's just that every defensive miscue ends up in the back of the net.
    This is a very arguable statement. If teams score because the defence is bad, shouldn't no one score due to the equally bad offence? You make the league sound like it's full of players falling over themselves. You claim you are not interested and don't watch, yet claim to know so much about the league and it's faults. Maybe MLS teams are not coached to being scared to make mistakes. I have sat through many boring high profile final matches of the World Cup, Champions league and etc that have resulted in numerous scoreless games. It's all lockdown mode when the stakes are high and it makes for terrible entertainment. Thank god the MLS has goals, that is what everyone wants to see. The CFL used to be an offensive juggernaut that everyone loved. Was it because the defensive players were no good?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    This is a very arguable statement. If teams score because the defence is bad, shouldn't no one score due to the equally bad offence? You make the league sound like it's full of players falling over themselves.
    Yes, it literally is a league full of defenders falling over themselves. The MLS could cut cheap player salaries by just using pylons instead of some of the defenders they got playing in the league now.

I've seen defenders on fooze ball tables with more mobility and ball control than some defenders in the MLS.

I was not directly comparing talent between the leagues, but trying to illustrate that his time here is not a waste. When Messi dribbles around a whole lower tiered team for a goal, you don't hear how it's too easy or he's just wasting his time, even though it's clear the opposition are no match for a stacked Barca team. Sometimes players are just good and you need to appreciate their skill, not rip on their opponents. If he's having fun, getting results and getting paid, I don't see it as a waste. It's sports entertainment, we want to see amazing goals.

Critics are quick to dismiss the level of MLS, especially some CFL fans, which is just and yet hypocritical at the same time. It has come a long way. There may be leagues that are ranked better, but a lot of those players in those leagues wish they were in the MLS! Adding players like Giovinco is going to make the league better.
    A lower tiered team in Spain's La Liga would crush TFC without Giovinco, and might still beat them with Giovinco. Even Div 2 teams in Spain, Italy, Germany, England and France would be able to beat them. Other than Giovinco, Altidore, and Bradley to some extent, every other player would be better one on one on those teams than any other player TFC has.

You do hear how easy Messi makes it looks and it's incredible because he is doing it in Europe, in the best leagues against the best opponents, not on pylons dressed in MLS jerseys. I'm convinced if a team wants to win an MLS cup. Sign the best goalkeepers and defenders you could find as your designated imports and shut down every team without possibly giving up a goal or even a good goal scoring chance.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

Montreal Impact vs. Toronto FC

vs.

MLS Playoffs: Knockout Round
    Thursday, October 29, 2015. 7:00pm EDT.
    Saputo Stadium. Montreal, QC.

TV:
    TSN1/4/5
    Radio: TSN 1050
    Audio Webcast: Here

Post-Match Update:

Match Highlights

Match Recap

Vanney: Montreal 'out-competed' Toronto FC

Final Score: 3-0
    Last edited by T-Bone; 10-30-2015 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Post-Match Update

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    And done. I watched the last 30 minutes of the game. Not very impressed by TFC. But I'm sure by the time I tuned in they were basically giving up. Oh well, as an MLSE owned team, I'm sure they know the mantra: There's always next year.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    What is with the underachieving of so many of TO's teams. I swear there's something in the water. Not a fan but I did see the low lights. How do you come up so flat? The game looked done very early.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    And done. I watched the last 30 minutes of the game. Not very impressed by TFC. But I'm sure by the time I tuned in they were basically giving up. Oh well, as an MLSE owned team, I'm sure they know the mantra: There's always next year.
    Funny thing is that they ended up finishing 6th in the division, which means had the league not added an extra playoff team per division this season, they would have missed the playoffs again. Who really knows where they would have been without Giovinco. I don't follow too closely, but I know that this team has had front office changes after front office changes. Sooner or later they are going to need to hire ther right people to run the team, and give them some time to do so. Very difficult to have philisophical changes every year in any sport.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Funny thing is that they ended up finishing 6th in the division, which means had the league not added an extra playoff team per division this season, they would have missed the playoffs again. Who really knows where they would have been without Giovinco. I don't follow too closely, but I know that this team has had front office changes after front office changes. Sooner or later they are going to need to hire ther right people to run the team, and give them some time to do so. Very difficult to have philisophical changes every year in any sport.
    Given that they are one of the better followed, spending teams with executive like Leiweke surprised they cannot attract, buy the most talented soccer management and coaches as they have been able to buy players these last few years. Again I don't follow or watch the team or the league. But if you wanted to work in MLS and were a bright soccer mind why would you not have come to Toronto?
    GO ARGOS!!!