Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto FC

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    The craziest thing about this whole scene is that if the tables were turned Argonaut fans wouldn't be all pissy. It's just some sort of culture thing. Perhaps it's a certain age and looking to belong to some sort of special supporters group. Real take off of the gang mentality of some English soccer fans. I don't get it. Perhaps not quite like some of those English and Brazilian nutters who'd kill for their teams.

Just like comparing dance club culture and the issues with don't stare at my lady, fights over respect and even stabbings and gun play. So much of that went on in Vancouver and Victoria. Then you go to see rockabilly, rock and roll/punk like I do and you see some of the baddest, meanest looking guys with sleeves of tats in some seedy areas where some bars are located. Never ever have I seen fights or bs. Very cool respectful people. One show my wife and I hit at Logans in Victoria had us standing by the biggest dude I'd ever seen. I remember tapping him on the shoulder to tell him jokingly that you could show a screen a movie on his back. This guy would keep a caring watchful eye on my wife anytime I hit the can or bar. I mean cool down to earth folks. The type of folks you meet around Canada as CFL fans.

I can't see many Argo fans letting a possible TFC fan protest or BS bothering them. We've had to deal with Hamilton fans for years. There's been some pretty crazy times in Hamilton over the years. Hell my buddy Finn goes to TFC games. He mentioned that some fools yell at him because of his Argo shorts. These guys must be nuts because if anyone knows Finn he's not a little guy and he's got a shaved head and can look mean as hell.We bought him a shirt one year that said,"Doesn't Play Well With Others". He doesn't take crap and can handle himself. Being a husband and dad holds him back I'm sure. He still wouldn't sit back and take verbal abuse.

Banned
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    The craziest thing about this whole scene is that if the tables were turned Argonaut fans wouldn't be all pissy. It's just some sort of culture thing. Perhaps it's a certain age and looking to belong to some sort of special supporters group. Real take off of the gang mentality of some English soccer fans. I don't get it. Perhaps not quite like some of those English and Brazilian nutters who'd kill for their teams.

Just like comparing dance club culture and the issues with don't stare at my lady, fights over respect and even stabbings and gun play. So much of that went on in Vancouver and Victoria. Then you go to see rockabilly, rock and roll/punk like I do and you see some of the baddest, meanest looking guys with sleeves of tats in some seedy areas where some bars are located. Never ever have I seen fights or bs. Very cool respectful people. One show my wife and I hit at Logans in Victoria had us standing by the biggest dude I'd ever seen. I remember tapping him on the shoulder to tell him jokingly that you could show a screen a movie on his back. This guy would keep a caring watchful eye on my wife anytime I hit the can or bar. I mean cool down to earth folks. The type of folks you meet around Canada as CFL fans.

I can't see many Argo fans letting a possible TFC fan protest or BS bothering them. We've had to deal with Hamilton fans for years. There's been some pretty crazy times in Hamilton over the years. Hell my buddy Finn goes to TFC games. He mentioned that some fools yell at him because of his Argo shorts. These guys must be nuts because if anyone knows Finn he's not a little guy and he's got a shaved head and can look mean as hell.We bought him a shirt one year that said,"Doesn't Play Well With Others". He doesn't take crap and can handle himself. Being a husband and dad holds him back I'm sure. He still wouldn't sit back and take verbal abuse.
    Have you not see any of the stuff some Argos/CFL fans have been posting around the web? The RPB forum has had several trolls over the past couple months. There are guilty parties on both sides of the fence. Perhaps if you went out and meet some supporters your opinion would change and perhaps you might get a little perspective as well. That way you could stop with all of this speculation you keep posting.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    I know there are good TFC fans. There was a guy who wrote a blog talking about how the back and forth has to stop. I agreed with much of what he said in his very well written article. However he disn't realize that The Argos were summer sports kings in Toronto for decades and decades before The Jays came along to share a stadium with them. Yes it was a different time but as I've mentioned we didn't get bent out of shape.

My biggest issues are with the crazy comments tossed towards The Argonauts and their fans. We did ZERO to bring this on and for sure we'll get our backs up when hearing some of this chatter. Not to mention what the media decides to show us when it comes to TFC. Perhaps someone should do a story about the reasonable more worldly TFC fans who see the big picture.

I don't have any interest in travelling over two hours to meet TFC supporters. I'm sure I'll see some on the GO train trip in for certain Argo games. My wife and I talked to a nice couple last year and a nice Raptor fan after games while heading home.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    I know there are good TFC fans. There was a guy who wrote a blog talking about how the back and forth has to stop. I agreed with much of what he said in his very well written article. However he disn't realize that The Argos were summer sports kings in Toronto for decades and decades before The Jays came along to share a stadium with them. Yes it was a different time but as I've mentioned we didn't get bent out of shape.
    Do you have the link to the blog you're referring to? I would like to read it.

My biggest issues are with the crazy comments tossed towards The Argonauts and their fans. We did ZERO to bring this on and for sure we'll get our backs up when hearing some of this chatter. Not to mention what the media decides to show us when it comes to TFC. Perhaps someone should do a story about the reasonable more worldly TFC fans who see the big picture.
    Like I said before there has been stupidity tossed around from both sides. The majority of the media seems to prefer to perpetuate the soccer hooligan angle.

I don't have any interest in travelling over two hours to meet TFC supporters. I'm sure I'll see some on the GO train trip in for certain Argo games. My wife and I talked to a nice couple last year and a nice Raptor fan after games while heading home.
    Well if you change your mind I'm inviting you and your wife as my guests to a TFC game this season if you want to go.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    If you google argo fans the story comes up right under the link to this site. Something off of Walking The Red. I clicked on it and read it the other day.

If I lived closer to TO I might but we're so far out that it has to be something that really interests us to hit TO. My wife would never go to a soccer game. I can watch a few minutes hear and their but the sport drives her nuts.

I went to a TO blizzard game years ago and it was all older fans back then. I was the young college kid then.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    If you google argo fans the story comes up right under the link to this site. Something off of Walking The Red. I clicked on it and read it the other day.

If I lived closer to TO I might but we're so far out that it has to be something that really interests us to hit TO. My wife would never go to a soccer game. I can watch a few minutes hear and their but the sport drives her nuts.

I went to a TO blizzard game years ago and it was all older fans back then. I was the young college kid then.
    No worries and thanks for the link. If things change the offer still stands.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'm a pretty big TFC fan and have had seasons since their first year. I really don't like all the CFL hate many are spreading because as you said its not us Argos fans moving the team. We don't control ownership and there are limited options. Their suggestion of just letting the Argos fold is ignorant in my opinion. As a fan of both teams if roles were reversed I wouldn't want TFC to fold. I've loved the atmosphere at their games and while on field product has been bad I think there are better days ahead for both the Argos and TFC. I hope MLSE does do its best to protect the field.

I think outside the core of supporters the Argos will find themselves many new and younger fans from the casuals who go to TFC games

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Level

When I was maybe 3 or so, my dad took me and my brother to Varsity to watch the Metros play the Cosmos. According to my dad, we were standing on the northwest corner of the stadium,a cab pulled up and Pele got out wearing a suit with his cleats slung over his shoulder. My dad started freaking out and Pele acknowledged him and then tussled my head. I havnt washed my hair since. haha.

Id love support a TO soccer team but this fanbase makes it impossible as odd as that sounds.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    Id love support a TO soccer team but this fanbase makes it impossible as odd as that sounds.
    That is an odd criteria for choosing to support a team or not. "I disagree with some of their 20,000 fans so I'm out", but to each their own. I think I'm going to start choosing teams to support based on if I like their mascot or not.

Personally, I think liking the sport is a more important criteria.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    That is an odd criteria for choosing to support a team or not. "I disagree with some of their 20,000 fans so I'm out", but to each their own. I think I'm going to start choosing teams to support based on if I like their mascot or not.

Personally, I think liking the sport is a more important criteria.
    I admit it sounds odd from a stand alone perspective, but from what I have seen in the media the last few weeks its seems to have been a good move to not align myself with TFC's fanbase.

I like the sport just fine. But you can like a sport without getting behind a particular club ( or mascot ) .

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Achievements:
    Level
    Not all TFC fans are bad but I'd say I'm a minority being a big fan of both teams. I don't think there has ever been a lot of TFC/Argos crossover but there is some of course. Truth is CFL and the Argos are not some sad joke that TFC fans are saying and TFC and MLS is actually a lot of fun to attend and is not on the verge of some ponzi scheme collapse either that some Pro-CFL fans have suggested. It would be nice "if we could all just get along" but I think there's going to be tension at least until a season passes where the field isn't destroyed.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian45 View Post
    Not all TFC fans are bad but I'd say I'm a minority being a big fan of both teams. I don't think there has ever been a lot of TFC/Argos crossover but there is some of course. Truth is CFL and the Argos are not some sad joke that TFC fans are saying and TFC and MLS is actually a lot of fun to attend and is not on the verge of some ponzi scheme collapse either that some Pro-CFL fans have suggested. It would be nice "if we could all just get along" but I think there's going to be tension at least until a season passes where the field isn't destroyed.
    cmon man, just admit it's Ponzi scheme already ;]

Anyhow, I don't have the link but I am hearin about the possibility of rolling a CFL field over the soccer pitch. This should settle TNN fans nerves regarding lines on the pitch but am thinking they will just find something new to complain about.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

Toronto FC vs. San Jose Earthquakes

vs.

MLS Regular Season: Matchday #11
    Saturday, May 30, 2015. 5:00pm EDT.
    BMO Field. Toronto, ON.

TV:
    TSN4/5
    Video Webcast: TSN Go - MLS Live
    Radio: N/A
    Audio Webcast: N/A

Tickets Available: Here or at the BMO Field Gate 1 Box Office Monday to Friday from 10am-6pm and on Gamedays until the start of the second half.

Match Preview: Here

Post-Match Update:

Match Highlights

Match Recap

Giovinco stars for Toronto

Final Score: 3-1
    Last edited by T-Bone; 05-31-2015 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Post-Match Update

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    cmon man, just admit it's Ponzi scheme already ;]

Anyhow, I don't have the link but I am hearin about the possibility of rolling a CFL field over the soccer pitch. This should settle TNN fans nerves regarding lines on the pitch but am thinking they will just find something new to complain about.
    "rolling a CFL field over the soccer pitch" - that must be that most bizarre, extreme idea I have ever heard. Can't we just solve any problems as they come along and stop anticipating that the "sky is falling". Next thing some nitwit will propose that each TFC fan roll up a small section of grass, and take it home to care for it until the next match/game.

By the way, the MSL team/side which I support plays on FIFA approved turf, and no previous markings are visible to the fans - and no one complains about it !
    One oar still in the water !

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

D.C. United vs. Toronto FC

vs.

MLS Regular Season: Matchday #12
    Saturday, June 6, 2015. 7:00pm EDT.
    RFK Stadium. Washington, D.C.

TV:
    Sportsnet 360
    Video Webcast: Sportsnet Now - MLS Live

Post-Match Update:

Match Recap

Final Score: 1-2
    Last edited by T-Bone; 06-08-2015 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Post-Match Update

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

Toronto FC vs. New York City FC

vs. New_York_City_FC.svg_.png

MLS Regular Season: Matchday #13
    Saturday, June 20, 2015. 7:00pm EDT.
    BMO Field. Toronto, ON.

TV:
    Sportsnet 360
    Radio: Sportsnet Fan 590
    Audio Webcast: Here

Tickets Available: Here or at the BMO Field Gate 1 Box Office Monday to Friday from 10am-6pm and on Gamedays until the start of the second half.

DeRo Testimonial Match: 3:00pm EDT. video webcast at TorontoFC.ca

Post-Match Update:

Match Recap

Vanney unhappy with 'naive' officiating in Toronto FC loss

Final Score: 0-2
    Last edited by T-Bone; 06-21-2015 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Post-Match Update

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

Toronto FC vs. Montreal Impact

vs.

MLS Regular Season: Matchday #14
    Wednesday, June 24, 2015. 8:00pm EDT.
    BMO Field. Toronto, ON.

TV:
    TSN
    Video Webcast: TSN Go - MLS Live

Post-Match Update:

Match Recap

For at least one night, Toronto FC proves that money can buy happiness

Final Score: 3-1
    Last edited by T-Bone; 06-25-2015 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Post-Game Update

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

Toronto FC vs. D.C. United

vs.

MLS Regular Season: Matchday #15
    Saturday, June 27, 2015. 5:00pm EDT.
    BMO Field. Toronto, ON.

TV:
    Sportsnet 360

Post-Match Update:

Match Recap

Final Score: 0-0
    Last edited by T-Bone; 07-01-2015 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Post-Match Update

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger