Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
Imaginary totems poles ? You seriously think that TFC is anywhere near the popularity and media coverage as The Raps, Jays, Leafs or even the Argos ? Yeah, TFC might have a more vocal fan base, and go "strong" to games, but the TV numbers are horrible even lower then the Raps. The Media rarely even brings up TFC let alone the MLS. How else were the Argos a threat its very simple, when TSN signed the MLS TV contract all TFC fans were talking about how "hopefully we get the same coverage as the CFL", which didn't happen. The Argos are a threat, because of what they are and mean to this country, soccer fans always complain about being kicked aside and for some reason like to look down upon the CFL.
So you're saying the Argos are a threat to TFC fans because the Argos are more popular than TFC. The only criteria for popularity you use in your post above appears to be TV ratings though you provide no actual stats. I've seen TV ratings comparisons of the two teams and in this case you are correct that the Argos are more popular than TFC in the TV ratings. However popularity is a subjective standard by which to measure something. I would argue that TV ratings alone do not determine the popularity of a sports team and that other criteria should be considered in the debate. Perhaps season ticket holder numbers, ticket sales, merchandise sales, etc. but I'm not interested in popularity contests.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
Yet the CFL is very clearly the number 2 Pro Football league in the world and MLS is what 88th ?
I don't know where you pulled those numbers from but your statement proves nothing as it is missing crucial data. How many professional football leagues are there in the world? How many professional soccer leagues are there in the world? If you want to compare the two sports on a global scale using your criteria of TV ratings for popularity then soccer is a far more popular sport than football. Like I said though, I'm not interested in popularity contests.