Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    I'll take that as a no.
    you have to sign up on RPB to see it, but yes, there is an Argo thread.

It's not viewable unless you sign up.

Banned
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    If that's the case I apologize. I'm still curious as to what "more" you believe there is to TFC fans not wanting the Argos at BMO Field.
    i just think, in my opinion, that tfc fans dont want the argos at bmo because they think its "their" stadium, and no one else should play there....if a stadium was made with the argos being the main attraction there, i would be somewhat pissed if they were talking about playing soccer games there...i truly think tfc fans think its theirs for soccer only....doesnt their chant go "this is our house", its a hidden message....

enough quotation marks

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by matchuk View Post
    i just think, in my opinion, that tfc fans dont want the argos at bmo because they think its "their" stadium, and no one else should play there
    If that were the case then why were there no protests against the community time, or the Genesis concert, or the Canadian National Rugby Union team game, or The Nations playing their first season at BMO Field?

if a stadium was made with the argos being the main attraction there, i would be somewhat pissed if they were talking about playing soccer games there
    You're saying if the situation was reversed you would feel similarly as the TFC fans do now. Isn't that a little hypocritical then to be upset at them? I'm confused now as to what you're upset about.

i truly think tfc fans think its theirs for soccer only....doesnt their chant go "this is our house", its a hidden message....
    It's a common soccer chant and is used in other sports as well.

enough quotation marks
    Ok.

In other news:

CONCACAF ticket prices announced for Toronto FC
    January 06, 2012

Daniel Girard

Toronto FC will host the CONCACAF Champions League quarter-final against the defending Major League Soccer title-holders L.A. Galaxy on March 7 at Rogers Centre.

VINCE TALOTTA/TORONTO STAR FILE PHOTO

Ticket prices will range between $12 and $69 for Toronto FC’s CONCACAF Champions League quarter-final against the defending Major League Soccer title-holders L.A. Galaxy.

About 70 per cent of the seats at the 45,000-capacity Rogers Centre will be priced under $30 for the March 7 match, said Paul Beirne, the club’s senior director of business operations.

“It’s going to be loud,” Beirne told reporters at a news conference.

Beirne said the club would have preferred to play the game at BMO Field, its usual home, but concerns about the unpredictability of the weather forced it inside.

The return leg against the Galaxy, who are likely to have David Beckham in the lineup, is March 14 in California.

Tickets will go on sale to season seat holders Monday and be available to the general public next Friday.

The club also announced Friday that former MLS coach of the year Thomas Rongen, 55, is the new director of TFC Academy.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    If that were the case then why were there no protests against the community time, or the Genesis concert, or the Canadian National Rugby Union team game, or The Nations playing their first season at BMO Field?
    You'd have to concede that

- occasional community use (an original purpose for the building, but now discontinued)
    - a one-off Genesis concert, so far (AFAIK) the only concert ever held at BMO Field
    - a one-shot rugby game
    - a minor league lacrosse team that promptly bailed out to the smaller Lamport Stadium, and then left Toronto entirely for Hamilton

would probably provoke different emotions (my guess: "shrugging") than the potential arrival of the Toronto Argonauts, a storied team with a substantial following in a high profile league.
    Faster + Louder = Better

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shayman View Post
    You'd have to concede that

- occasional community use (an original purpose for the building, but now discontinued)
    - a one-off Genesis concert, so far (AFAIK) the only concert ever held at BMO Field
    - a one-shot rugby game
    - a minor league lacrosse team that promptly bailed out to the smaller Lamport Stadium, and then left Toronto entirely for Hamilton

would probably provoke different emotions (my guess: "shrugging") than the potential arrival of the Toronto Argonauts, a storied team with a substantial following in a high profile league.
    Yes, because none of those events required the building to be altered in any way which would not be the case if the Argos were to move in and play there. As well at the time the Argos were looking at BMO Field the natural grass had not been installed yet. TFC fans were worried that if the Argos moved in the chances of getting a natural grass pitch would be jeopardized. Also there is limited community use still at BMO Field.
    Last edited by T-Bone; 01-06-2012 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Missed something.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    OK. I contend that even if a (probably impossible) plan were devised to allow the Argos to play at BMO without modifying the experience for TFC games in any way - via sliding end-zone seats that move in for soccer and back for football, or the Argos playing on a 90 yard field, or the creation of a time machine that allows us to go back a decade and have the stadium built properly in the first place - that many rabid TFC fans would still complain., because they think of BMO as "their" stadium.

Tell me I'm wrong.

or the Argos playing on a 90 yard field
    btw - football trivia - the London Lords of the old ORFU used to play at Labatt Park. It's a baseball stadium, and football was played across the outfield. A football field just wouldn't quite fit. So the chains and yard markings were quietly shortened, and for years, nobody knew.
    Faster + Louder = Better

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    OK. I contend that even if a (probably impossible) plan were devised to allow the Argos to play at BMO without modifying the experience for TFC games in any way - via sliding end-zone seats that move in for soccer and back for football, or the Argos playing on a 90 yard field, or the creation of a time machine that allows us to go back a decade and have the stadium built properly in the first place - that many rabid TFC fans would still complain., because they think of BMO as "their" stadium.

Tell me I'm wrong.
    I agree TFC fans would still be upset with moving end-zone seats now. I don't know about the Argos playing an exhibition game at BMO Field now. Even if it was a one off thing there probably would be some grumbling due to the past. Remember previously it was going to be done with the intent on possibly moving in, in the future hence the backlash. I would hope now that, that is not likely that the attitude to a one off game would be different. I would think that playing on a shorter field though would upset many CFL fans. Is that not part of the reason why the CFL opted not to even try an exhibition game at BMO Field? Had the building been able to accommodate both sports from the beginning when it was built, then we wouldn't be having this discussion in my opinion.

btw - football trivia - the London Lords of the old ORFU used to play at Labatt Park. It's a baseball stadium, and football was played across the outfield. A football field just wouldn't quite fit. So the chains and yard markings were quietly shortened, and for years, nobody knew.
    I believe they used to also play football at Fenway Park.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level

You're saying if the situation was reversed you would feel similarly as the TFC fans do now. Isn't that a little hypocritical then to be upset at them? I'm confused now as to what you're upset about.

It's a common soccer chant and is used in other sports as well.

Ok.
    the community time i dont believe is a big issue because it is building soccer in toronto...not to mention im sure a few tfc fans have taken the advantage and played on tfcs turf...and this is the first i knew about a genesis concert at bmo, so im sure it was pretty uncommon knowledge...as for the other teams, they are small potatoes, which, like the genesis concert, im sure many tfc fans didnt even know about

i dont believe i ever once said i was upset...i just simply made a comment that it was funny how they had their cherished bmo field, and end up playing one of their games at rogers centre...yes, if they built a field specifically for the argos, and tfc started to horn in, and we were beginning to share the stadium, i would be a little peeved, wondering what was going on....im sure you are going to contest this, but im not pissed at the situation now because i know the rogers centre is used for several other events around the year, and we are second fiddle to the jays...i dont see how this is being hypocritical, since i didnt oppose to them playing at rogers, just thought it was funny...

as far as the hidden message in the chant, again, a joke...and again, chill

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Back in the mid 1970s, a fine football-only facility in Toronto had to be reconfigured to accommodate the Blue Jays which made that facility not as good for football. Did Argo fans complain about that back then?
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    the community time i dont believe is a big issue because it is building soccer in toronto...not to mention im sure a few tfc fans have taken the advantage and played on tfcs turf
    Community time is good for everyone. People play soccer, touch/flag football, ultimate frisbee, etc.

this is the first i knew about a genesis concert at bmo, so im sure it was pretty uncommon knowledge...as for the other teams, they are small potatoes, which, like the genesis concert, im sure many tfc fans didnt even know about
    All of those events were advertised during TFC games.

i dont believe i ever once said i was upset...i just simply made a comment that it was funny how they had their cherished bmo field, and end up playing one of their games at rogers centre
    Ok, but I don't see that as funny because the reasons for playing at Rogers Centre make sense.

yes, if they built a field specifically for the argos, and tfc started to horn in, and we were beginning to share the stadium, i would be a little peeved, wondering what was going on....im sure you are going to contest this, but im not pissed at the situation now because i know the rogers centre is used for several other events around the year, and we are second fiddle to the jays...i dont see how this is being hypocritical, since i didnt oppose to them playing at rogers, just thought it was funny...
    Ok. Tone can be difficult to figure out when you are reading on a message board and your post came off as someone upset about the situation to me. I have no reason to doubt you now that you're telling me you're not upset, I just wasn't sure what your position on the topic was.

as far as the hidden message in the chant, again, a joke...and again, chill
    Again tone is difficult to read sometimes and there were no quotations on this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Back in the mid 1970s, a fine football-only facility in Toronto had to be reconfigured to accommodate the Blue Jays which made that facility not as good for football. Did Argo fans complain about that back then?
    I don't know I wasn't alive in 1977.

In other news:

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Community time is good for everyone. People play soccer, touch/flag football, ultimate frisbee, etc.
    i dont believe i argued against that

All of those events were advertised during TFC games.
    i take it you were there to witness this? i knew about the other events, not genesis, if it was advertised at bmo, what do you want, me to say sorry? again, the other events were small, im sure tfc fans may see the argos as some sort of threat..either in posters/merch around bmo, or the red paint/seats turing blue, etc...

Ok, but I don't see that as funny because the reasons for playing at Rogers Centre make sense.
    i agree that the reasons for playing at rc make sense...not once did i say otherwise....i think you are taking things way too literal here man, honestly, chill out...yeah, its funny...tfc fans have their cherished stadium with they love so much, their house, but have to revert to rc because its tooo cold....c mon man, are you honestly going to do the same bs with that to? quote it and argue that its not funny, ok dad

Ok. Tone can be difficult to figure out when you are reading on a message board and your post came off as someone upset about the situation to me. I have no reason to doubt you now that you're telling me you're not upset, I just wasn't sure what your position on the topic was.
    next time read the post....heres an example...

sentence 1 - "its funny the are playing at rogers centre"
    sentence 2 - "i am so angry they are playing at rogers centre"

can you telll which one shows that the writer is more upset? i would go with number 2...why would the 1st even be understood as mad? you tell me

Again tone is difficult to read sometimes and there were no quotations on this statement.
    look "forward" to "quotations" in this "post"! you know what, heres some more """"""""""""""""""""""

i thought tfc had their "own" stadium....so its ok for them to play at the dome, but not ok for cfl at bmo?
    this was my first post...you are right, i was livid here, cant you tell?

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    i dont believe i argued against that
    I don't believe I said you argued against it, lighten up. I was just elaborating on the point as more than just soccer is played there.

i take it you were there to witness this? i knew about the other events, not genesis, if it was advertised at bmo, what do you want, me to say sorry?
    I was just stating a fact as I was at every season one TFC game at BMO Field and it was advertised more than once, chill.

the other events were small, im sure tfc fans may see the argos as some sort of threat..either in posters/merch around bmo, or the red paint/seats turing blue, etc...
    TFC fans did see the Argos as a threat to BMO Field but now that it is highly unlikely the Argos will move in they are no longer a threat.

are you honestly going to do the same bs with that to? quote it and argue that its not funny, ok dad
    Don't worry I won't, son. I was just trying to figure out the point of your post but it's clear there wasn't much of one. Take it easy.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I don't believe I said you argued against it, lighten up. I was just elaborating on the point as more than just soccer is played there.
    well, it sure as hell seemed that way when you were posting

I was just stating a fact as I was at every season one TFC game at BMO Field and it was advertised more than once, chill.
    ok.....i didnt argue that at all.....im sure you will complain about this too, and yes, i did ask if you were there to see this...all you had to do was say....."YES"....and i am totally chilled guy, im actually laughing at this nonsense

TFC fans did see the Argos as a threat to BMO Field but now that it is highly unlikely the Argos will move in they are no longer a threat.
    i agree...wow, we agree on something, thats so nice

Don't worry I won't, son. I was just trying to figure out the point of your post but it's clear there wasn't much of one. Take it easy.
    hahaha....my first post really didnt mean anything, all i said was, and i quote "i thought tfc had their "own" stadium....so its ok for them to play at the dome, but not ok for cfl at bmo?".....it was more or less a joke, fib, wisecrack, gag, jape, quip, jest...whatever someone of your high intellect calls it....if i remember correctly, you are the one who started with me.....son

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    i must say...soccer is retarded...boring, and stupid...

even the TFC ...they are the Toronto Soccer Club....so they screwed up thier own acromyn....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Montreal Impact home opener march 17th against Chicago Fire already has 25,000 tix sold yet the als can't sell out a single game, go figure.

we play home and home with your FC for the canadian championship semi. gonna be dope.
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 294life View Post
    Montreal Impact home opener march 17th against Chicago Fire already has 25,000 tix sold yet the als can't sell out a single game, go figure.

we play home and home with your FC for the canadian championship semi. gonna be dope.
    I'll be in Montreal for the April 7th game and I'm looking forward to the Canadian Championship games as well.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    I'll be in Montreal for the April 7th game and I'm looking forward to the Canadian Championship games as well.
    The Leafs are in Montreal for the season finale the same night and it's easter long weekend so there should be an influx of ontarians.
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Whats a TFC ? is it an organization that hopes to last longer then the Blizzard ?