Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Hey T-Bone....

You LOST me completely, and totally with your comment "Freedom of speech has its limits"...

to say i disagree is the biggest understatement in the world.... Millions gave their lives so we could have the Freedom of speech, and expression...(good or bad)..

anyways....kinda sad when the busiest thread is about a soccer team, and not the Argonauts
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Banned
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    Hey T-Bone....

You LOST me completely, and totally with your comment "Freedom of speech has its limits"...

to say i disagree is the biggest understatement in the world.... Millions gave their lives so we could have the Freedom of speech, and expression...(good or bad)..

anyways....kinda sad when the busiest thread is about a soccer team, and not the Argonauts
    We can discuss it further at Saturdays get together over a pint.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Hey T-Bone....

It's the off-season, 2 weeks until free-agency starts. And the Schedule isn't out yet!

What do you expect!

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    There's no romance in Toronto the Good

Our sports teams aren’t helping either, though the Maple Leafs have been driving us wild for 40 years.

The problem, mostly, is their primary colour, blue. The Jays, Leafs, Rock, Marlies and Argos all use it. Blue screams: “Cold! Frigid!”

Only our soccer team gets it. Red is the sexiest colour, science says. I’m told you are far more likely to get lucky after a Toronto FC game

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Funny, He forgot that basketball team that wears red.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    Funny, He forgot that basketball team that wears red.
    "You seriously think that TFC is anywhere near the popularity and media coverage as The Raps ?"

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Aside from the fact, that you flat out making a joke of what I said........... which I really donèt care about, I find it funny how you do not believe that TFC in comparison to the other teams in Toronto are. Popularity maybe canèt be measured, but media coverage can, so please stop trying to justify TFC as a real team or that they compare to other Toronto based teams. Let us be honest if TFC, the Raps and Blue Jays were not owned by MLSE, they wouldnt exist.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Aside from the fact, that you flat out making a joke of what I said........... which I really donèt care about, I find it funny how you do not believe that TFC in comparison to the other teams in Toronto are. Popularity maybe canèt be measured, but media coverage can, so please stop trying to justify TFC as a real team or that they compare to other Toronto based teams. Let us be honest if TFC, the Raps and Blue Jays were not owned by MLSE, they wouldnt exist.
    What I believe doesn't matter. You have presented an argument that other sports teams in Toronto are more popular than TFC, so the burden of proof falls on you to prove it. All you keep posting about is media coverage, yet you have provided not a single statistic. Like I said before popularity is a subjective measurement that should include more than one aspect of a teams existence to make it a fair and accurate measurement for comparison. Perhaps you should do some research and come back with stats about season ticket holder numbers, ticket sales, merchandise sales, Twitter followers, etc. Until then I have nothing further to discus with you on which team is more popular than which in Toronto. The truth is the popularity of a team compared to other teams in the same city doesn't factor in to my enjoyment of that team. Also MLSE does not own the Toronto Blue Jays.
    Last edited by T-Bone; 02-09-2012 at 02:21 PM.

Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Not a TFC fan, only been to one game but I love soccer equal to if not more than football and I got to say this is the stupidest discussion I have never seen. On a side note I think its funny that Argo fans are commenting on TFC owners. I hate MLSE too but the Argos had the worst owners in the CFL. If it wasn't for Candy we may not even exist. What if C&S didn't get help from Braley then what?

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Not a TFC fan, only been to one game but I love soccer equal to if not more than football and I got to say this is the stupidest discussion I have never seen.
    I've seen stupider. However I agree that presenting an argument for debate and then not providing any factual proof does not make for a very strong argument.

On a side note I think its funny that Argo fans are commenting on TFC owners. I hate MLSE too but the Argos had the worst owners in the CFL. If it wasn't for Candy we may not even exist. What if C&S didn't get help from Braley then what?
    I agree. Instead of blaming MLSE perhaps people should put the blame where it belongs.

Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Canada follows the CFL. 8 franchises across the country, 100+ years of history of course TSN and co. will have more CFL coverage than the MLS. Canada has 3 franchises all new so it makes perfect sense it gets less coverage. There actually is a MLS analyst or should I say soccer analyst on sportsnet named John Molinaro plus Forrest and Dobson have a few opinion pieces as well but I think that's it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Canada follows the CFL. 8 franchises across the country, 100+ years of history of course TSN and co. will have more CFL coverage than the MLS. Canada has 3 franchises all new so it makes perfect sense it gets less coverage. There actually is a MLS analyst or should I say soccer analyst on sportsnet named John Molinaro plus Forrest and Dobson have a few opinion pieces as well but I think that's it.
    I stand corrected then, I knew about Forrest and Dobson, figured they were more "hosts" though. Didn't know about Molinaro. Either way I agree though MLS is still too young to know what impact might be seen in the coming years, there could also be the added boost of Rogers/Bell owning MLSE.
    Last edited by R.J; 02-09-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    The BEST senario for the ARGO's would be that the Toronto Soccer Club go's the same route as the Toronto Blizzard did....then BMO is free'd up completely and it becomes the home of the Argonauts. The Ex is the perfect site in terms of parking, transit, etc. being downtown you can make a the game experience a full day, or evening experience.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    I stand corrected then, I knew about Forrest and Dobson, figured they were more "hosts" though. Didn't know about Molinaro. Either way I agree though MLS is still too young to know what impact might be seen in the coming years, there could also be the added boost of Rogers/Bell owning MLSE.
    TFC fans know MLS is not the best league in the world and that is not the most popular sport in North America. However it is our league and TFC is our team that we finally have to cheer for. I've grown up with out a soccer team to support and I don't want future generations of Torontonians to have that issue. Europe has over 100 years on us so it's only natural things are going to take time. Going back to the popularity aspect of this debate. The TV ratings and media coverage may not be on par with the CFL and the Argos but there are other signs that TFC is gaining some popularity in my opinion. TFC's Twitter page currently has 17,211 followers. TFC merchandise is available all over the GTA. They have sold over 40,000 tickets for the March 7th game at Rogers Centre. Like I said before though, I don't really care which team is more popular. I just want to see both teams be successful on and off the field.

The BEST senario for the ARGO's would be that the Toronto Soccer Club go's the same route as the Toronto Blizzard did....then BMO is free'd up completely and it becomes the home of the Argonauts. The Ex is the perfect site in terms of parking, transit, etc. being downtown you can make a the game experience a full day, or evening experience.
    You may feel that is the "best" scenario however what happens if the Argos get evicted from Rogers Centre and TFC has not gone the same route as the Toronto Blizzard, what then?

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    CCL Single Seats Sold Out

Toronto FC announced Monday that single seats are now sold out for its CONCACAF Champions League quarterfinal match against the LA Galaxy at Rogers Centre. In seven weeks, the team has sold a record setting 43,500 tickets. Rogers Centre’s capacity seating for a soccer match is 45,000 with a limited number of suites still available for the match.

The game will be the only time Toronto FC will host MLS league and Cup champion LA Galaxy this season, as the two teams are not scheduled to meet at BMO Field during the MLS regular season.

“We’ve had phenomenal momentum since announcing the ticket on-sale in mid-January and we can tell from the response that Toronto FC supporters and soccer fans are excited about this match," said Paul Beirne, senior director of business operations for Toronto FC. "This is the most important match in Toronto FC’s short history and we’re looking forward to seeing a sea of red on March 7.”

Following the first leg of CCL quarterfinals game on Wednesday, March 7, Toronto will travel to Los Angeles for the return leg on Wednesday, March 14.

The match will mark the first time the Major League Soccer team plays a home game outside of BMO Field and will set a new Toronto FC home attendance record. BMO Field presently seats 21,140 and hosted its largest home crowd on April 13, 2011 when Toronto FC played the LA Galaxy.

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/con...atid=2&id=4061
    Last edited by T-Bone; 03-05-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post

121 has been tainted! Nooooooooo

New Fan
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Even though im not a Argo fan it makes me sad to see TFC with 40 000+ for a game at skydome, I guess having David Beckham in the game helps ticket sales. Im watching the game right now i find it humorous how excited the fans are to watch a game so boring. I just don't get it all the fans are freaking out to watch nothing happen. Let me guess the final score of this game will be 1-0 or 0-0. Not a fan of soccer

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level

Angry

Some observations from the TFC Skydome match;

What great camera angles from the 500 level cameras. This is how the Argo games should look instead of being in so close. You could actually see plays develop or whether Rideau was dogging it on the play with these angles.

Unfortunately, the higher camera really shows how terrible the turf looks. Some of the football lines hide things, but boy does it look amateur tonight.

New Fan
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Well guess i was wrong about the score