Thread: Toronto FC

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny G View Post
    Maybe we should have a "Argos & TFC - Brothers at BMO" celebration next year... try to show a better attitude about this...
    How many people (on either side) you reckon would go for this?
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Personally I feel Leiweke is partly to blame for that incident. He knew this was happening but decided he would try to spin a positive PR photo op at halftime by bringing free beer over to the supporters participating. Not everyone can be bought with a pint.

removed
    Last edited by LLB997; 05-25-2015 at 08:56 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    What is it with Rogers hiring pro wrestling reporters to act as real journalists? First it was Jeff Marek and now John Molinaro. Sorry, but I can't take these guys seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post

Instead of Tim getting out of the country, I welcome the heckler to take his greasy ass back to whatever god forsaken olive soaked austerity republic his parents came from if this is how he is going to talk to contributing members of Canadian society as I am pretty sure Tim contributes a hell of a lot more tax dollars than this goomba.
    Although I agree with your defense of Tim L, the rest of your statement is really ignorant and pretty racist. As someone whose parents came here from one of these "olive soaked republics" you speak of, I take serious offense to it.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I would have serious issues in holding my fists back from plowing the dorks glasses of his dumb assed face. The more I see with these TFC dorks the more I hate. All young stupid assholes who feel some sort of entitlement. Perhaps his parents should kick him out of the basement and take away his video games for showing suck disrespect. Oh wait the parents are reason that these dicks know no better.

Now why are those comments from this jackwagon not considered racist????? If I told him to go home, I'd be a classed as a racist. F this bullshite. What a whack of filthy scum that attend these games.

Blame Tim L for handing out beers.

Any cool people go to TFC games or do you need to be a dork to get in?

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    I would have serious issues in holding my fists back from plowing the dorks glasses of his dumb assed face. The more I see with these TFC dorks the more I hate. All young stupid assholes who feel some sort of entitlement. Perhaps his parents should kick him out of the basement and take away his video games for showing suck disrespect. Oh wait the parents are reason that these dicks know no better.

Now why are those comments from this jackwagon not considered racist????? If I told him to go home, I'd be a classed as a racist. F this bullshite. What a whack of filthy scum that attend these games.

Blame Tim L for handing out beers.

Any cool people go to TFC games or do you need to be a dork to get in?
    Stop being a hypocrite. Why is it ok for you to be throwing around all sorts of insults and generalizations?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    And you can take your sorry ass back to the shit-hole where you learned to spew such racist garbage.
    Was that really necessary? AngeloV already addressed the problem and did it with out throwing back insults.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    I call it like I see it.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    I call it like I see it.
    Not an excuse for your insults and generalizations. You can apologize or consider this your final warning.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    And you can take your sorry ass back to the shit-hole where you learned to spew such racist garbage.
    what racist garbage is that? Did I say anything about his race??? I based my comment on how he presented himself and the irony that he is welcome to do the exact same thing he told Tim to do. How Tim did not have him thrown out on his arse amazes me and shows how much nonsensical garbage he must have been putting up with from morons like that during his tenure.

I was speaking to tbone specifically saying I though his viewpoint was not right, I could see how someone could share his viewpoint based on the "damage control" angle but thought that guy went so far beyond and stated it in a pretty broad range. People think they are immune to that sort of thing, but we al came from somewhere else and should remember this.

If you are getting agro with me to protect a goof like that, then I gather you are no better than him and are welcome go back to your own "shit-hole".

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    I was speaking to tbone specifically saying I though his viewpoint was not right, I could see how someone could share his viewpoint based on the "damage control" angle but thought that guy went so far beyond and stated it in a pretty broad range. People think they are immune to that sort of thing, but we al came from somewhere else and should remember this.
    Nothing wrong with that.

what racist garbage is that? Did I say anything about his race??? I based my comment on how he presented himself and the irony that he is welcome to do the exact same thing he told Tim to do. How Tim did not have him thrown out on his arse amazes me and shows how much nonsensical garbage he must have been putting up with from morons like that during his tenure.
    But do you honestly not understand what AngeloV took offence to in this post?:

I welcome the heckler to take his greasy ass back to whatever god forsaken olive soaked austerity republic his parents came from if this is how he is going to talk to contributing members of Canadian society as I am pretty sure Tim contributes a hell of a lot more tax dollars than this goomba.
    If you are getting agro with me to protect a goof like that, then I gather you are no better than him and are welcome go back to your own "shit-hole".
    Also, Rich's response was not the most elegant but attacking his character like that is really not cool.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    You honestly don't understand what AngeloV took offence to in this post?:

My liniage is pretty close to the same place as Angelo I am thinking . And although I am not saying that it gives me an extra right. I am completely sick of people like the heckler and people who support that garbage. a mere 40-50 years ago my parents and Angelos parents faced the same "go back where u came from" garbage. I didn't post that to be racist but as a reminder (to the heckler type) .
    Do not know Angelo and was not referring to him at all but grew up with enough of these a-holes to recognize the heckler's type. If it came across as "racist", that was not my intent and in fact the tone of my post was fueled by exactly the opposite. My daughter was born in the states and if someone told her to go back to he states I clearly would not b as civil as Tim. apologies to tbone for starting what became an issue for some and to any offended but I stand by my original point as directed to the TFC fan and no one else.

Apologies to you Rich and Angelo. There is no point to posting on forums if in the end people are getting hurt feelings as it takes away from what should be a positive exchange of thoughts and opinions. All the best to you both. I have removed my comment. cheers guys and see ya at BMO.
    Looking forward to continued discussions on whats been long awaited good news on the ARGOS front.
    Last edited by LLB997; 05-25-2015 at 09:11 AM.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    apologies to tbone for starting what became an issue for some and to any offended but I stand by my original point as directed to the TFC fan and no one else.
    Apology accepted.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level

Apologies to you Rich and Angelo. There is no point to posting on forums if in the end people are getting hurt feelings as it takes away from what should be a positive exchange of thoughts and opinions. All the best to you both. I have removed my comment. cheers guys and see ya at BMO.
    Looking forward to continued discussions on whats been long awaited good news on the ARGOS front.
    Hey LLB I'm sorry I over-reacted, looking forward to raising a glass together at the new home of the Argonauts!

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Sorry to everyone that I've offended yet again!!! I just can't stand seeing these fools act the way they are. They obviously will never understand how foolish they look and act especially when caught on camera or handheld.
    You can't help but think that the majority of TFC fans must act this way. I'm sure there are a few very good ones who hate what's going on as well. At this point TFC fans make me see red. haha. Just a little joke there.

I always speak my mind and in some ways it's a good thing but I just can't let stuff slide that totally frustrates me.

I've done some dumb things but these clowns take it over the edge.

This TFC hate for everything Argos has to just go away. It is what it is and we're headed to their beloved BMO.
    Like I've said long time Argo fans understand about teams moving into their stadium as The Jays and Blizzard did at CNE. Only thing different is that we didn't mind or were very happy as I was. I was a HUGE Jays fan back then.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Sorry to everyone that I've offended yet again!!! I just can't stand seeing these fools act the way they are. They obviously will never understand how foolish they look and act especially when caught on camera or handheld.
    You can't help but think that the majority of TFC fans must act this way. I'm sure there are a few very good ones who hate what's going on as well. At this point TFC fans make me see red. haha. Just a little joke there.

I always speak my mind and in some ways it's a good thing but I just can't let stuff slide that totally frustrates me.

I've done some dumb things but these clowns take it over the edge.

This TFC hate for everything Argos has to just go away. It is what it is and we're headed to their beloved BMO.
    Like I've said long time Argo fans understand about teams moving into their stadium as The Jays and Blizzard did at CNE. Only thing different is that we didn't mind or were very happy as I was. I was a HUGE Jays fan back then.
    Apology accepted. Some TFC fans hating on everything Argos and the CFL is not just going to go away, just as some CFL fans hating on TFC and MLS won't. Shit is being thrown from both sides. Do you honestly believe the majority of TFC fans act that way? There were 23,000 people at that game. I also suggest that a 17 second video clip may not tell the whole story. Anyway this situation reminds me of a quote:

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Toronto isn't used to a "supporters" culture such as the one that TFC has brought to the table and you aren't going to convince them to accept the Argonauts at BMO. There may be some of them who are soccer-only and do not even care for baseball, basketball or hockey. I'm speculating here, but perhaps some of them come from backgrounds where soccer is so paramount that it is difficult for them to fathom that another sport might be on par or more popular than theirs. I don't think their views necessarily reflect that of the majority of the larger supporters groups such as U-Sector, but some of the smaller ones perhaps. I don't think it reflects the opinion of the average TFC fan either who is sitting in sections outside the supporter ones.
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Do not know Angelo and was not referring to him at all but grew up with enough of these a-holes to recognize the heckler's type. If it came across as "racist", that was not my intent and in fact the tone of my post was fueled by exactly the opposite.
    That's cool. Thanks for going more into detail with what you meant.

Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Toronto isn't used to a "supporters" culture such as the one that TFC has brought to the table and you aren't going to convince them to accept the Argonauts at BMO. There may be some of them who are soccer-only and do not even care for baseball, basketball or hockey. I'm speculating here, but perhaps some of them come from backgrounds where soccer is so paramount that it is difficult for them to fathom that another sport might be on par or more popular than theirs. I don't think their views necessarily reflect that of the majority of the larger supporters groups such as U-Sector, but some of the smaller ones perhaps. I don't think it reflects the opinion of the average TFC fan either who is sitting in sections outside the supporter ones.
    It'll be interesting to see if some of these idiots try anything stupid at the first Argos game at BMO. I really hope someone as the foresight to make sure there is added security just in case.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    It'll be interesting to see if some of these idiots try anything stupid at the first Argos game at BMO. I really hope someone as the foresight to make sure there is added security just in case.
    The thought had crossed my mind.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    The thought had crossed my mind.
    I doubt it. Things are still fresh and I think they will die down as time goes on.

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    I doubt it. Things are still fresh and I think they will die down as time goes on.
    Perhaps, but the first game at BMO for the Argos should receive considerable media attention and may serve as a reminder.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Perhaps, but the first game at BMO for the Argos should receive considerable media attention and may serve as a reminder.
    Perhaps. From experience I highly doubt the supporters groups would officially sanction something on Argos game day at BMO Field. Either way I'm sure MLSE will be monitoring the supporters forums in case they do plan something.