Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto FC

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Do you ever notice that with the exception of Seattle, attendance figures are never mentioned in any away games for TFC, you have search them out

Banned
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballstothewall View Post
    Do you ever notice that with the exception of Seattle, attendance figures are never mentioned in any away games for TFC, you have search them out
    Do they regularly announce the attendance for home games on the broadcast flutie02? I thought attendance announcements are more of an in stadium thing.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    People get so caught up in attendance. Sometimes it's best just to enjoy the show and not worry if there's 17, 19 or 25 thousand there. Most of the time, it doesn't matter in the big picture of things. None of us are getting any more additional or less BJ's depending on the figure, so why dwell on it so much?

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    People get so caught up in attendance. Sometimes it's best just to enjoy the show and not worry if there's 17, 19 or 25 thousand there. Most of the time, it doesn't matter in the big picture of things. None of us are getting any more additional or less BJ's depending on the figure, so why dwell on it so much?
    flutie02 brought that up out of nowhere but I don't find it strange they don't announce away game attendance. I don't think they announce attendance on broadcasts often.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    flutie02 brought that up out of nowhere but I don't find it strange they don't announce away game attendance. I don't think they announce attendance on broadcasts often.
    Did he mean on the broadcasts? I took it to mean that he couldn't find that info in the newspaper.

In any event, it looks like TFC will make the playoffs for the first time in franchise history.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Did he mean on the broadcasts? I took it to mean that he couldn't find that info in the newspaper.
    Not sure, I guess that is just how I interpreted it. Either way the information is easy enough to find here.

In any event, it looks like TFC will make the playoffs for the first time in franchise history.
    The odds are in our favour, but I'm not going to celebrate just yet.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

Toronto FC vs. Chicago Fire

vs.

MLS Regular Season: Matchday #30
    Saturday, September 26, 2015. 2:00pm EDT.
    BMO Field. Toronto, ON.

TV:
    TSN4/5
    Video Webcast: TSN Go - MLS Live
    Radio: N/A
    Audio Webcast: N/A

Tickets Available: Here or at the BMO Field Gate 1 Box Office Monday to Friday from 10am-6pm and on Gamedays until the start of the second half.

Match Preview: Here

Post-Match Update:

Match Recap

Giovinco creates history in Toronto FC win over Chicago

Final Score: 3-2
    Last edited by T-Bone; 09-28-2015 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Post-Match Update

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level

Yes, I took it to mean in the media. As in, The Argos played before a disappointing crowd of 17,000. Those reports. I have TFC away games played in some pretty empty stadiums, including some at BMO. Never mentioned in the story. It's not even mention in the box score recap, like the CFL is. However if BMO is soldout, that part is usually in the first part of the story

Also you can't tell me that the TFC reporters that cover the team for the Sun are not more Soccer Fan then reporter. When reporters start wearing black armbands to support NO ARGOS AT BMO, then their bias has been exposed

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Also you can't tell me that the TFC reporters that cover the team for the Sun are not more Soccer Fan then reporter. When reporters start wearing black armbands to support NO ARGOS AT BMO, then their bias has been exposed
    Has this, in fact, happen?
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Yes, I took it to mean in the media. As in, The Argos played before a disappointing crowd of 17,000. Those reports. I have TFC away games played in some pretty empty stadiums, including some at BMO. Never mentioned in the story. It's not even mention in the box score recap, like the CFL is. However if BMO is soldout, that part is usually in the first part of the story
    You "took it mean?" You're not sure as to what you meant when you wrote it? Why don't you provide some examples? Why does the attendance matter to a visiting team? Like I pointed out earlier TFC attendance both home and away can easily be found here.

I'm speculating here but maybe the media focuses on Argos home attendance more than TFC's because the Argos only have 10 guaranteed games to recoup their expenses where as TFC has 18 guaranteed games. Therefore one lower attendance game hurts the Argos more than one lower attendance TFC game.

Regardless, I'm not that concerned with TFC's attendance as I don't think the team is going anywhere. I'm going to enjoy the playoff race. Also, I'm not that concerned about Argos attendance this year either. Next year will be more important but it should improve anyway with the new venue.

Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Has this, in fact, happen?
    Good question. Also, people where encouraged to wear black shirts to one game this year in regards to the Argos at BMO Field. I don't remember anything about black arm bands. Why didn't flutie02 just provide the names of the reporters he is accusing?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    T Bone. how is the fact that I said Yes, I took it to mean that. Some how translate to you questioning ,if I knew what I meant when I wrote it. I was confirming. As for providing excamples, you can find that in almost every TFC story in the SUN or Star. Attendance at away games are never mentioned.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    As for providing excamples, you can find that in almost every TFC story in the SUN or Star. Attendance at away games are never mentioned.
    Probably because it has little relevance. Home attendance is more important. How often do they include Argos away game attendance in Toronto news articles?

So, why haven't you named the reporters you are accusing?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Probably because it has little relevance. Home attendance is more important. How often do they include Argos away game attendance in Toronto news articles?

So, why haven't you named the reporters you are accusing?
    Go on Larson Twiiter account and see if you think he is more Fan of TFC or reportor of TFC

Then we have guys like Dan Bilicki. Who writes for the Sun and does NFL fantasy picks and covers TFC from time to time. We get lines like

Talking about the TFC seating chart showing most tickets sold for a certain game, between him and Larson

Now this guy is also a reportor with the Sun. He does not even cover the CFL, but loves to rag on it . Yet nothing but love for TFC and defends TFC against people who rag on TFC.

Seems I'm not alone in thinking some in the media are more TFC fans then reportor

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Seems I'm not alone in thinking some in the media are more TFC fans then reportor
    Ok. This conversation started with a random post by you about reporters not reporting away attendance. You provided no examples and I was trying to figure out your point because I still don't know that reporting the away attendance is a regular practice.

Then you accused unnamed reporters about wearing black for the "Black Shirts at BMO Field" protest. Thank you for now including the evidence that a reporter said they would wear black that day. I don't know why you didn't include that in the first place.

Did I ever say TFC reports don't have a bias? I'm not sure what you are trying to get at with this and I'm not sure why I should care?

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

Toronto FC vs. Philadelphia Union

vs.

MLS Regular Season: Matchday #31
    Saturday, October 3, 2015. 5:00pm EDT.
    BMO Field. Toronto, ON.

TV:
    Sportsnet 360
    Video Webcast: Sportsnet Now - MLS Live
    Radio: N/A
    Audio Webcast: N/A

Tickets Available: Here or at the BMO Field Gate 1 Box Office Monday to Friday from 10am-6pm and on Gamedays until the start of the second half.

Match Preview: Here

Post-Match Update:

Match Recap

Final Score: 3-1
    Last edited by T-Bone; 10-05-2015 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Post-Match Update

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    P
    Ok. This conversation started with a random post by you about reporters not reporting away attendance. You provided no examples and I was trying to figure out your point because I still don't know that reporting the away attendance is a regular practice.

Then you accused unnamed reporters about wearing black for the "Black Shirts at BMO Field" protest. Thank you for now including the evidence that a reporter said they would wear black that day. I don't know why you didn't include that in the first place.

Did I ever say TFC reports don't have a bias? I'm not sure what you are trying to get at with this and I'm not sure why I should care?
    First off, your the one that questioned, " if I was unsure of what I meant" you then called me out in a an accusing manner to name the reporter who wore black. I sent you that information. Instead of just saying thanks, or I did not know that, or just say nothing at all, you have to put your little remarks in there. Also when in this exchange did I accuse You ( Tbone) of denying bias in TFC reporting. I have never asked you to care, so don't. I can live just fine knowing TBONE does not care about bias in TFC reporting.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    P
    First off, your the one that questioned, " if I was unsure of what I meant" you then called me out in a an accusing manner to name the reporter who wore black. I sent you that information. Instead of just saying thanks, or I did not know that, or just say nothing at all, you have to put your little remarks in there. Also when in this exchange did I accuse You ( Tbone) of denying bias in TFC reporting. I have never asked you to care, so don't. I can live just fine knowing TBONE does not care about bias in TFC reporting.
    We all have biases. In my case I care about both the Argos and TFC and you have a bias against TFC. It showed when you posted this with out even questioning it. Personally, that is when you lost your credibility when it comes to discussing TFC with me.

If you have issues with the way some people tweet or report on the Argos/TFC take it up with them as this thread is not about that. I still don't understand the point or reason behind your original post because frankly some of your posts are vague. I shouldn't have to ask you to back up your statements, just post your examples with your remarks. That I do care about.

If you want to believe that I take certain reports/reporters word for word, their biases and all go right ahead.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Some people, can't understand, BIG picture thinking. You should rename this form, as ONLY POSITVE TFC POSTING ALLOWED

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Some people, can't understand, BIG picture thinking. You should rename this form, as ONLY POSITVE TFC POSTING ALLOWED
    Ok. All I've gotten out this discussion so far is that some reporters have biases and that you have difficulty giving clear and concise explanations and answers. I probably shouldn't bother with this any further but, what BIG picture thinking am I not capable of understanding here according to you?

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Screw those young dumb assed reporters firstly. Just a couple of typical Toronto media types trying to stir a big pot of Shite.