Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1051

Thread: Toronto FC

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by rdavies View Post
    Well, it's reassuring to know that the pro TFC stance of this site's management hasn't changed (in all it's guises). Closing threads, editing posts and bannings to follow?
    Yes, that's exactly it. Someone has finally figured out. We all bleed red and love TFC just a little more.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Well, it's reassuring to know that the pro TFC stance of this site's management hasn't changed (in all it's guises). Closing threads, editing posts and bannings to follow?
    Your complaining about being pro TFC in the TFC thread? That is what this thread is for, to talk everything TFC, not soley the misplaced hatred or negative feelings some Argos fans have towards the franchise.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Thanks for the tips guys - they helped.

It was an exciting game, won (deservedly) by the Timbers 2-1. All of the goals were nice, and there were plenty of chances; it really should have been 3-2. The atmo at Providence Park was terrific, as Qman predicted. If that was a typical game I may go back and see some more.

I got a good look at Giovinco, who was pretty busy. I can see why people like him - he has quick, quick feet and creates space for other players. On the other hand I didn't like the way he (obviously) hung his head when a teammate made a poor pass to him - save that stuff for your *own* mistakes, buddy.

Fun stuff!
    Ok, you've done it now Wobbler, turn in your Argofan badge, don't you know your not allowed to enjoy MLS and the CFL.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Ok, you've done it now Wobbler, turn in your Argofan badge, don't you know your not allowed to enjoy MLS and the CFL.
    Heh heh. Although I'm a big World Cup fan it's unlikely that I'll really get into MLS. It was nice to be reminded of how fun live soccer can be, though.

Banned
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    It's established, your bias for TFC, others aside from me have posted it and you continue to deny it. Fine. but I find it funny that you are able to say pretty much what you want but others have posts edited or closed for expressing their viewpoint (going back to your time in charge). You're the one using the conspiracy word not me. Very similar behavior to RPB, being afraid of a little opposite view. Is that a conspiracy to you or coincidence? That's not the word I would use, BS is more like it.

I don't really want to continue this here being that it is TFC's big day. How's aboot reopening the thread?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    drove by the stadium tonight on the gardiner...i thought the game was sold out? Was surprised to see so many empty seats in the upper east grandstand, especially in the corners.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Achievements:
    Level
    I went to the game last night, mostly just to scout out the stadium, see where people congregated, where the band would be sitting, what traffic was like and mostly to determine if the roof over the south end would actually protect people from the rain (answer: mostly. So long as the rain is coming straight down. Although if you're sitting in the first row or two, you might pack a poncho just in case.)

Watched from section 222. Although I'm really not interested in soccer at all and doubt I ever will be, the atmosphere in a full house there was pretty great. (Most) TFC fans show a level of enthusiasm that I think we can all admire.

Can't wait for June,
    Steve
    Faster + Louder = Better

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    drove by the stadium tonight on the gardiner...i thought the game was sold out? Was surprised to see so many empty seats in the upper east grandstand, especially in the corners.
    Was it halftime?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Seriously.
    Looks like a full house to me.

How slowly were you driving on the Gardiner to gauge the attendance?

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    I'd say the me..me..me mentality of a certain age group who have been brought up to get what they want at all times is the root problem with many TFC fans. The thing is when they bitch and complain and crap all over the rich history of The Argonauts is where the line in drawn. If they kept their comments to themselves there would be no issues. Do they really think that football fans in any way shape or form are going to listen and take their CRAP without standing up! FUG NO!!!
    The part that I don't understand is what are they afraid of?

Do they think that the Argos will go back to the 70s levels of popularity and push them out of their home? Even though I wish the Argos would get a big profile again even I don't think that could happen.

One thing about those RPB people is how quiet they got when the BMO groundskeeper started commenting publicly. They bitched about the surface without having a clue until then. It just seems they go from one irrational excuse to the next to keep the Argos (and soccer moms) outta the private tree fort.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I've said this numerous times, so I will say it again. This is an Argos fan forum. If an Argo fan wants to dislike all things, TFC, Raptors, Blue Jays or Leafs, what's the big deal? I'm a huge Leafs fan, and they get it pretty bad here too. I get that it's an Argos first site, and though I disagree with a lot being posted against the Leafs, I let it go. Why would anyone want to bicker over the Leafs on an Argos fan site?

I think T-Bone should use the same philosophy, and stop taking what some here say about TFC fans so personally.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    If I might make a suggestion to the mods.

Instead of closing a thread when it evolved as the that one did ... just move it to the Sociable forum so the debate could continue. It did not devolve into harsh name calling or vulgarity.
    You'd make a good mod, Ron. I had actually planned to do just that, but I was a bit slow on the trigger. And once a certain level of toxicity is reached, we don't really want it to continue anywhere (even in the Social forum, where the rule are a bit more loose).

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Another suggestion is to just stop talking about TFC. If there's nothing to be afraid of then what is there even to discuss anymore? Everyone knows in a couple years the seats will get redone into the colour blue anyways.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    If there's nothing to be afraid of then what is there even to discuss anymore? Everyone knows in a couple years the seats will get redone into the colour blue anyways.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    I'm concerned that rdavies' response to me might have triggered the locking. It seemed to happen right after he took a shot and I replied, "Ouch." For the record I didn't think it necessary to lock the thread. I also felt I had said everything I had to say and it would have been stupid for me to continue adding to the discussion since I was advocating (in part) that we should stop taking shots at TFC fans, and the discussion had largely devolved into taking shots at TFC fans.

Also for the record, I think moderating is a hell of a challenging job and I'm grateful Wobbler and others have stepped up to do it. Generally speaking I find them pretty light-handed; if this one was a little too cautious, it's a small price to pay for a generally fairly free-ranging forum.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    entitled PC wimps whose feeling get hurt at the slightest provocation.

TORONTO
    Make The Argonauts Great Again
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    I really didn't want to have to deal with any crap while I was in London, but please cool your jets everybody. Demanding that the thread be reopened constantly will not help accomplish that. If you have any gripes with something a moderator has done then PM me instead of taking it to an open forum. It helps nobody!
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Demanding that the thread be reopened constantly will not help accomplish that. If you have any gripes with something a moderator has done then PM me instead of taking it to an open forum. It helps nobody!
    I'd like to think I have enough self awareness to know people are tired of me posting about this but we have to get some things in the clear. If we don't demand a thread be reopened how are we going to get any action.

That's been the problem with the Argos and CFL, letting people keep kicking it while they're down, I'm sorry but I ain't down with that poop, I fight back. And I don't like the idea of going behind someone's back to rat them out with a PM, I'd rather do it in the open to their face, mano a mano. Going behind someone's back isn't my idea of civility.

I think I've exhausted the subject and we've basically reopened the thread here and unless anyone has anything else to say, I think I'm done...maybe (sound of loud applause)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Well I personally thought the high point in that thread was when rdavies called me egotistical for making an egotistical post about egos. (I was impressed)
    Last edited by Ron; 05-09-2016 at 07:52 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I'd like to think I have enough self awareness to know people are tired of me posting about this but we have to get some things in the clear. If we don't demand a thread be reopened how are we going to get any action.

That's been the problem with the Argos and CFL, letting people keep kicking it while they're down, I'm sorry but I ain't down with that poop, I fight back. And I don't like the idea of going behind someone's back to rat them out with a PM, I'd rather do it in the open to their face, mano a mano. Going behind someone's back isn't my idea of civility.

I think I've exhausted the subject and we've basically reopened the thread here and unless anyone has anything else to say, I think I'm done...maybe (sound of loud applause)
    rdavies, while I'm pretty much agree with everything you've written on the TFC hot topic and as someone who very visibly had their own issues with a poster/s and TFC. I think the best course of action is to let it go............. trust me it gets you nowhere to continue like this.

Should the thread have been closed ? I don't think so, but it's happened and IMO this situation hasn't gotten better. As Don Argo (argofan87) stated - if there are issues; pming the owner or one of the mods is the best way to go about it. Believe me I understand where you're coming from about not ratting and going behind people's backs etc - I feel the same way, but at the same time the mods have a difficult enough job as is and IMO this infighting isn't good for the site. Imagine some new potential fan comes on here and see's the vitriol between certain posters and against the soccer team - it wouldn't look too good. I completely agree that as Argonaut fans we need to stop sitting and taking it in the teeth - we should become more visibly passionate and more engaged, but we don't need to turn into the redpatch boys to do it IMO.

Just my thoughts on the matter and I hope we can still be friends.