Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Richards lucky to not get a facemask penalty on the White catch.
    Still can’t make an open field tackle.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Not trying to be a negative ninnie after this big win; but I'm pretty surprised that the Argo offence was able to gore the pretty good Ticats D with such a pop gun/ short pass game; longest completion was 18 yards; and the Argos run game averaged just over 2 yards per carry ? Props to MBT with the accuracy and the receivers for making the catches.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Games like that are so rare, I almost dont know how to take it.

Great 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters by the DBs. Some VERY dangerous plays in that first quarter. if not for masoli overthrowing his receivers, we're down two touchdowns in the first ten minutes of the game.

Love achempong and Law.

Jalen Collins had a huge game.

On offense, Kurleigh gittens is my guy. Did you see his touchdown?? Nasty! Nasty, nasty, nasty. Adeleke is going to be like Al Pacino at the end of godfather 3, an old man sitting in a yard, thinking back on that day in Toronto when Kurleigh gittens humiliated him. Yes, I've been drinking.

I though Macbeth and the Oline were in a helluva groove. It's not like the Oline was giving Mac a ton of time, he was just prepared whenever the dline broke through. Lots of quick balls, pinpoint accuracy.

Theron Churchill seemed to take a fair number of snaps. Didn't notice him otherwise, which is good news!

DJ foster was terrific. Run game well established. I thought I heard someone on TV say our running stats weren't good, but you'd never know it. It felt like foster had us in second and short pretty consistently.

Even if our boys don't win another game this year, a win like today makes the season feel like a success. Rest our starters vs Edmonton. Get everybody fresh and focused. Dinner and Chris Jones, come up with something nasty like today. Great day to be an argonauts fan!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    Other than John Murphy on First Up this morning. Has Toronto Sports Radio been hyping the Argo Game at all? I saw the lineup for Overdrive and did not see any slots to discuss the game. But they may have - I don't know. I'm hoping Mike Richards on Sauga 960 discussed it this morning-given he is a huge Ti-Cat fan.
    Matt Cauz had a segment Thursday at 2:15 with Natey Adjei talking about the upcoming game. Good interview.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Ticket Presale for the East Final on Tuesday - game is at 12:30pm (and not the traditional 1:00pm) on December 5th.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by dmont View Post
    Oooooh sheeeeet that looks like an INT.
    The challenge shouldn't even have been allowed, The ruling on the field was irrelevant since there were offsetting roughing penalties and it was ruled to have happened during, not after the play, thus "repeat 2nd down".

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    MLSE have 23 days to sell tickets for the East Final. A real sellout, not 12,000. Every seat. 28,000 in a city of 3 million. The player personnel proved who they were by bringing in the talent. The players proved who they are tonight. A first place team undefeated at home. It is now time for the owners to prove who they are. They are a financial, sports and media juggernaut in Canada. Nothing less than a sellout. It's time to see how much they care. Step up and prove you deserve this team.
    You are assuming the will buy the home game from the league. Personally, I don't think they will, so it's up to the league to promote this game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:

Level
    MLSE have 23 days to sell tickets for the East Final. A real sellout, not 12,000. Every seat. 28,000 in a city of 3 million. The player personnel proved who they were by bringing in the talent. The players proved who they are tonight. A first place team undefeated at home. It is now time for the owners to prove who they are. They are a financial, sports and media juggernaut in Canada. Nothing less than a sellout. It's time to see how much they care. Step up and prove you deserve this team.
    Amen. Amen. Amen. There was a great atmosphere there tonight - I thought the crowd was larger. Imagine these two playing with a full house!

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 292
    Achievements:

Level
    A solid win for the Argos tonight. About time we had another dominating performance. Would have been a different story had the Ti-cats connected on some of those deep balls in the first half. Coupled with that, the missed field goals by the opponent and a Masoli to Banks sure TD being intercepted by the goal post. It feels like we're getting a lot of the bounces. Going to be a long layoff between the last game against the Elks and the East Final though.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Well, I had a great time at the game tonight. Atmosphere was great, and Argos dominated in every aspect of this game.
    Hopefully the MBT hate will disappear at least until the playoff game. He was so much better than Masoli tonight, at least when the game was still on the line. The 1 INT he threw was because of pressure. He probably should have taken the sack. I guess Masoli can't throw deep. By my count he was 0-6 on deep balls. As we know, it's Always the QB's fault.
    Collins is turning into a great boundary corner. What a find.
    A couple of nice plays by Boateng when he stepped in for an injured Decoud. Missed a tackle on a play late in which Tim White made a big run down the sidelines, but I think he expected the ball to be batted away.
    Great ST's coverage by Travis Feeney. I know he's a tweener and not a prototypical DE, but wow. What speed he showed on kickoff coverage.
    What more can be said about Gittens? HE has arrived. They really took advantage with him on Adeleke after #24 Lawrence went down. Adeleke is not a corner and it showed.
    I thought Davaris Daniels was solid tonight as well.
    MBT completed balls to 8 different receivers in the first half. That helps keep a D off balance.
    And finally, great directional punting by Bede tonight. Every punt was between the numbers and the side line. That helps your cover team a ton.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Level
    Great win and in a statement game! Won all three phases and probably the most complete win of the season.

Chandler Worthy seemed to get the team going with good field position and is my player of the game.

Boatman
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I'm 2-0 as thread creator. Let's make it 3-0...
    I may be late to the party, but congratulations on the 3-0 record!

That was a pretty complete game from where I was sitting. The crowd atmosphere was great, and the team was effective on both sides of the ball. I'm not going to bother nitpicking with this game. I'm a bit concerned about the almost 3-week gap in the schedule, but good for healing any injuries, and I'd rather have to get 2 wins rather than 3 for the Grey Cup.

ARGOS!!!!

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Best performance of the season! Travis Feeney set the tone on the first play of the game tackling Banks at the Hamilton 15-yard line.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Best performance of the season! Travis Feeney set the tone on the first play of the game tackling Banks at the Hamilton 15-yard line.
    I agree, Feeney showed great speed and determination on that play setting the tone.
    MBT played much better which was nice to see, through thick and thin the guy loves to compete (and throw the odd block on a broken play) which certainly won’t go unnoticed by his teammates.
    Gittens has really developed into a highly dependable and consistent receiver.
    Overall a good game for the defence, good coverage and tightened up against the run.
    Robbie Smith is a very good player, like him in the lineup.
    Shame seeing the Hamilton players getting so frustrated, Santos-Knox getting kicked out was a huge break for Hamilton as he sucks.
    Cats fans rather quiet, a whole lot of grunting and snorting as they left BMO last night.😛
    Looking forward to Tuesday’s game, can finally just relax, enjoy the night and have a good time with our friends Roth nothing on the line for the Argos, (hopefully a little cooler on Tuesday) a little too warm last night for fall football.😛🇨🇦
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    What a fun game! Best game of the season for the defence (which, don't look now, has allowed just two TDs in two games, one of them in garbage time last night). The DBs looked extremely good, knocking down passes, making two huge picks and coming close to a couple more INTs. Hopefully Decoud is able to play in the Eastern Final. Feeney was a nice addition to the lineup as well. I would have liked to see more of Ouellette on those up-the-middle runs, but not gonna quibble with a game plan that had us up 24-3 in the fourth quarter.

Hamilton had me scratching my head a couple of times. Down 21 points in the fourth, why on earth try a field goal? An 18-point spread still requires three more scores. And after scoring a TD to make it 24-10, what is the point of going for a two-point convert? And man, Masoli sure is terrible on deep passes, eh? (Obviously, that's not how I really feel. It just shows that even extremely good QBs don't always hit open men deep, especially in the face of a heavy pass rush.)

It's fantastic that we can now sit some regulars and get game time for some PR and IL guys on Tuesday. I think Blake and/or Bladek might back up or sit out, so maybe Zamora and Giffen will play. I'm sure there are other guys dinged up who would benefit from an extra week of rest. I wouldn't mind starting Pipkin and giving some PT to McDonald. I recall a similar situation in 2012 -- we had first place clinched and sat Ricky Ray in favour of Jarious Jackson, Trevor Harris and a fourth-stringer named Zach Collaros. The latter came into the game late and led the Argos to the winning points, knocking Hamilton right out of the playoffs in the process.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:

Level
    Yep a big win and statement game!
    Would have liked to see Oullette used more considering how well he played last week, but Foster was having a string game as well.

This game was the game of the week for the league. Too bad it didn't live up to the hype. No fault of the Argos as they showed up. Hamilton crapped the bed. Casual viewers would have tuned out through the second half as the Argos took control. So the tv numbers wont be great.

I hope they give Pipkin some playing time against Edmonton to get some meaningful reps.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    It's fantastic that we can now sit some regulars and get game time for some PR and IL guys on Tuesday. I think Blake and/or Bladek might back up or sit out, so maybe Zamora and Giffen will play. I'm sure there are other guys dinged up who would benefit from an extra week of rest. I wouldn't mind starting Pipkin and giving some PT to McDonald.
    We also get to dress five extra players this week, so definitely an opportunity to get game action for a lot of guys we haven't seen much of. Guys on the one-game IL include Huff, Peters, Hughes, Chevrier, Giffen, Nield, Turner and Ealy. PR guys I wouldn't mind seeing include Daniel, McDonald, Scarlett, Jeanpiere, Jones and Marion. And, of course, Holley, who is currently not on any list.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    In all the years I have attended Argo/Ti-Cat games, I've never heard the Hamilton fans as subdued and quiet as yesterday. It was almost as if they had been stunned into silence. Reading the Ti-Cat fan forums, they were not only confident of winning but winning big. Looking at the Hamilton fans around us, it almost appeared as if they couldn't comprehend what they were seeing. As an longtime Argo fan who has suffered many heartbreaking losses to Hamilton----- it was kinda nice!

Some observations re game:

.IMO, the long Argo drive beginning the 3rd quarter, was a back breaker for Hamilton.
    .MBT outplayed Masoli. The Hamilton strategy of putting pressure on the Toronto QB was negated by quick releases and receivers running short but crisp routes.
    .The Argo D played an outstanding game for most of the contest

Roll on the East Final

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    “Looking at Hamilton fans around us, it almost appeared as if they couldn’t comprehend what they were seeing”.
    How does this differ from any other day of the year?
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I have to complement Chandler Worthy on special teams! It was his two returns late in the 2nd quarter that broke open the defensive struggle.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022