Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
It had to start somewhere. I think the media should come to grips with the fact the NFL is not coming to Toronto. No individual in Canada is going to front $2 Billion for a team and stadium with a 100 year ROI. MLSE can't even do that. Not to mention the negative PR the NFL would have for killing a football league in the only other country on Earth playing high level professional football. That would be the opposite of growing the game.

Once the media grasp this, they can go about embracing what they have in the CFL and Argos and cover them as they do other teams and leagues. MLSE, Bell Rogers, others could actually make some money doing so if they applied themselves. I don't expect all journalists and media personalities to grasp that a 100 year ROI is not feasible but the big corporations who are their bosses should.
I don't buy the notion that there would be a significant PR backlash against the NFL if it were to put a team to Toronto. There would be some anti-NFL sentiment in the West, but nothing that would damage the NFL materially. And many, many people in southern Ontario would be overjoyed to have an NFL team in town -- far, far more (sadly) than would be distraught to lose the CFL team in Toronto.