Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I'd fire Jarious Jackson right away - totally clueless and predictable IMO - no idea what-so-ever about balance and diversity on offence; he might do fine if he had Doug Flutie at QB, with Terry Greer, Paul Masotti and Pinball as weapons to run standard, same-old offence

And give Dinwiddie into next season - 1st place in the mediocre East this season didn't mean much to me, sorry bout that; but are some saying keep him no matter what ?; even if they go 1 & 7 out the gate with a bunch of embarrassing losses? WTF - Skippy Huard got fired in no time, and I'm sure lots of experts who say give the HC tons of chances were up in arms over that move. Pffft.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    And give Dinwiddie into next season - 1st place in the mediocre East this season didn't mean much to me, sorry bout that; but are some saying keep him no matter what ?.
    Ya I’m a little surprised at how much people are willing to write off as a “rookie coach mistake”. I think there are still serious questions about his game management capabilities.

I’m glad we all agree that it was a huge blunder not to go for it at least once inside the five. I mean come on man, biggest home crowd of the year, your defence is stuffing the cats, you’re against the wind and you just marched the ball down the field. Show some faith in your players for fock’s sake.

But Dinwiddie’s been playing it ultra safe all season, and as anyone who’s played anything before knows, you never win consistently when you play it ultra safe.

There was a play later in the game when he did decide to go for it on third and short, and sends out the short yardage team, then suddenly CHANGES HIS MIND and sends out the punt team to replace the short yardage guys. Pretty bad form I’d say. Did he panic or was it a lack of confidence in himself or his team? And also, MBT’s been the holder all year, how many fake field goals did we run? Any?

When you combine his 3rd down timidity with the number of dumb flag challenges he made this year, and with that kneeling near-disaster, I’m left wondering if Dinwiddie really has what it takes to be a successful game manager in the CFL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    But Dinwiddie’s been playing it ultra safe all season, and as anyone who’s played anything before knows, you never win consistently when you play it ultra safe.
    Depends how productive you are with those safe plays. The Ticats completed 16 passes in a row with mostly safe passes while we couldn't convert one long pass into a reception. The Patriots won a game tonight throwing it three whole times. They've now won seven in a row.