Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Your dislike of MBT was well known and unsurprising, but fire Dinwiddie? Seriously?

Sure I get your point, but do you get mine?
    Numerous mistakes this year, games won from the early Christmas presents by the opposition.
    I question his offensive play calling, the lack of second half adjustments and especially yesterday's game.
    Way too stubborn to make changes when his QB is not playing well.
    None of us are sure what if any dressing room shenanigans involved with the Arbuckle trade etc?
    Yes as for MBT, like some here I do not hide my dislike for his performance over the years and how none of us should forget the previous two years of the team's win loss record.
    Finally, he is not the prototypical CFL QB that needs to use his wheels to set up the passing and vice versa.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    re: the punt return TD

Having not seen a replay, and maybe my eyes fooled me seeing it live, but it looked to me like the Ticats had an extra guy or two on the left side of their line as if to put extra pressure for a punt block, which forced a few of our players to spend more time dealing with that before they could release downfield to cover the kick. I wonder if that screwed up some lane assignments.
    Very possible. Reinebold is incredibly smart so I would not be surprised if he developed such a ruse. I also saw what appeared to be two guys holding Robbie Smith on the return, but that stuff happens all the time. (That said, I am not suggesting the officiating was to blame for the loss, but what the hell are refs looking at when guys get hit in the head and no penalty is called?)
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    The Official Argo Fan Club on Facebook had a lot commenters than just Tom wanting Dinwiddie gone. Knee jerk reaction after a loss but he's not the only one out there.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Let's fire any coach who doesn't win the Grey Cup in his first year, or any year for that matter. Winning it all should be the only way to keep your job. Guaranteed to work!
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    You should be stripped of your membership for this post.
    To be clear, I hope that Winnipeg wins. :) But I'll be cheering for Evans to have a great game!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Let's fire any coach who doesn't win the Grey Cup in his first year, or any year for that matter. Winning it all should be the only way to keep your job. Guaranteed to work!
    Boy are you missing the point......not to mention the detailed history outlined.
    To think the coach was an actual QB, how he would know the position and the strategic play calling sometimes required?
    Maybe you give him another chance in '22??? If so, I would then have him hire an OC who would call his own plays.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Your point was valid until the bolded part.
    No part of it was valid. Same useless dribble.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    The Official Argo Fan Club on Facebook had a lot commenters than just Tom wanting Dinwiddie gone. Knee jerk reaction after a loss but he's not the only one out there.
    Change the coach every year. That'll work. I thought Trestman was supposed to be a God (or was that professor?) among coaches in many of their eyes.

The stupidest comments are made within 24 hours of a tough loss.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Mike O'Shea should have been fired his first year in Winnipeg. He clearly sucked as a coach.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    To be clear, I hope that Winnipeg wins. :) But I'll be cheering for Evans to have a great game!
    I stand by my comments. F Evans and anyone in the uniform. The whole thing about how great Evans was yesterday makes me sick. I will give him this much credit, he throws a hell of a screen pass.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I'd fire Jarious Jackson right away - totally clueless and predictable IMO - no idea what-so-ever about balance and diversity on offence; he might do fine if he had Doug Flutie at QB, with Terry Greer, Paul Masotti and Pinball as weapons to run standard, same-old offence

And give Dinwiddie into next season - 1st place in the mediocre East this season didn't mean much to me, sorry bout that; but are some saying keep him no matter what ?; even if they go 1 & 7 out the gate with a bunch of embarrassing losses? WTF - Skippy Huard got fired in no time, and I'm sure lots of experts who say give the HC tons of chances were up in arms over that move. Pffft.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Ticats were under a ton of pressure. I think if they had lost, likely would have to break up the team and go into rebuilding process. Plus with a loss, and the ARGO's in their home dressing room for the Grey Cup .... Ticats players would likely have left town or would be extremely difficult with the ARGOS playing in Ticat Stadium as the home team ... this is a pretty intense rivalry.

Feel bad for ARGO players but I think we had a good run... we only lost one home game....

I think that Davis guy for the Ticats has been best player of playoffs. That pass he broke up in the end zone and the way he shut down the Montreal Running game was impressive.

For what my opinion is worth.... LOL

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgofanIan View Post
    I think that Davis guy for the Ticats has been best player of playoffs. That pass he broke up in the end zone and the way he shut down the Montreal Running game was impressive.
    Can't disagree. Hoped he'd sign here when he was a free agent, but it was not to be.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    And give Dinwiddie into next season - 1st place in the mediocre East this season didn't mean much to me, sorry bout that; but are some saying keep him no matter what ?.
    Ya I’m a little surprised at how much people are willing to write off as a “rookie coach mistake”. I think there are still serious questions about his game management capabilities.

I’m glad we all agree that it was a huge blunder not to go for it at least once inside the five. I mean come on man, biggest home crowd of the year, your defence is stuffing the cats, you’re against the wind and you just marched the ball down the field. Show some faith in your players for fock’s sake.

But Dinwiddie’s been playing it ultra safe all season, and as anyone who’s played anything before knows, you never win consistently when you play it ultra safe.

There was a play later in the game when he did decide to go for it on third and short, and sends out the short yardage team, then suddenly CHANGES HIS MIND and sends out the punt team to replace the short yardage guys. Pretty bad form I’d say. Did he panic or was it a lack of confidence in himself or his team? And also, MBT’s been the holder all year, how many fake field goals did we run? Any?

When you combine his 3rd down timidity with the number of dumb flag challenges he made this year, and with that kneeling near-disaster, I’m left wondering if Dinwiddie really has what it takes to be a successful game manager in the CFL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    But Dinwiddie’s been playing it ultra safe all season, and as anyone who’s played anything before knows, you never win consistently when you play it ultra safe.
    Depends how productive you are with those safe plays. The Ticats completed 16 passes in a row with mostly safe passes while we couldn't convert one long pass into a reception. The Patriots won a game tonight throwing it three whole times. They've now won seven in a row.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I stand by my comments. F Evans and anyone in the uniform. The whole thing about how great Evans was yesterday makes me sick. I will give him this much credit, he throws a hell of a screen pass.
    I don't get your hatred for Evans unless it's because of the uniform he wears. A lot of Cat fans have been calling for him over Masoli the last month. Evans came in and did what he needed to do to win. Maybe all his throws were safe, but he also moved out of the pocket to keep plays going. That's one thing MBT doesn't do well.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
    I don't get your hatred for Evans unless it's because of the uniform he wears. A lot of Cat fans have been calling for him over Masoli the last month. Evans came in and did what he needed to do to win. Maybe all his throws were safe, but he also moved out of the pocket to keep plays going. That's one thing MBT doesn't do well.
    It's definitely the uniform, but I also don't think he's as good as people think he is. He threw nothing but screens and check downs with 2 downfield passes, one to Banks and a TD to Acklin. Most of his check downs resulted in punts as the Argos made the stops short of the first down. Argos were killed by the screen game in reality, and any QB can execute that. Masoli would have been just as successful with the same play calls. They won't score 14 points against the Bombers Sunday.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
    I would take Evans in a split second next year.
    Does anyone know his contractual status for next year?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Evans was outstanding with poise to go 16 for 16 in a big play-off game and lead his team to a comeback victory. So why didn't Jarious Jackson direct MBT to go 20 for 20 in the 2nd half with plays that worked and gained yardage ?

IMO, Evans could become a CFL best type QB; smart & accurate passing arm, plus some decent mobility. He's still young, pro QB wise.

Maybe the Ticats could game plan a 2 QB attack to be very effective against the Bummers D in the GC (but i doubt they will); I'd have Masoli start the first series and roll out right away with run option - to give the Bummers D lots to think about; then Evans in to run a mostly quick passing game, but throw Masoli back in every now and then. And run the ball plenty with 2 different backs for variety. Evans just sitting in the pocket, behind a not so great (outside of Revenberg) O-Line, is going to get pressured and swarmed by the Bombers front.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Evans was outstanding with poise to go 16 for 16 in a big play-off game and lead his team to a comeback victory. So why didn't Jarious Jackson direct MBT to go 20 for 20 in the 2nd half with plays that worked and gained yardage ?

If you looked at my pre game comments, I suggested the Argos run more receiver screens early in the game. With Rogers Daniels and Brescacin all in the line-up, they had some great blocking receivers. Sure would have been better than trying to run up the middle and putting themselves in 2nd and long. Also, regarding Evans, I sure didn't see the play calling on Hamilton's side running Jackson while Masoli was in the game. They ran a completely different package for Evans. It was good coaching on their part, no doubt. As for Jarius Jackson, he may help with the game plan, but he doesn't call the plays, and this is Dinwiddie's offence. An offence that moved the ball well, had great deep looks which we just didn't catch. My only issue is his play calling inside the 5. I still say you have to throw on first down, especially against that front 7.