Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Not so sure about that. Just went on the site, and looks like they are selling all sections in the lower east side only right now. It's so messed up. TM seems to change every hour. I don't know if there is a perceived strategy behind this, but I think it stinks. Someone might go looking for tickets on the west side, and see they are not available and never go back to the site should they open another lot of tickets.
    The Argonauts put out a post saying that they've opened ticket sales in the Upper East Stands.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    Looks like they just removed them about 5 minutes ago.

I think there was a pricing error (all seats we're 86.50...from mid field to behind the goal line), so they need to fix it
    That seems to be the price. Those tickets are in the first few rows of the Upper East Stands. I'm fine with them charging Hamilton fans that price. 🙂

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    TFC drew half the crowds the Argos drew this season but I believe the entire stadium was open for their games once the restrictions were removed.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Does anyone believe they should be charging $86.50? MLSE have done nothing to create awareness, brand, sense of excitement, create a fanbase, etc.....Yet they charge that. They need to create demand first. They have owned this team for years now, and have no strategy. Yet when,they say they need to sell the team because there is no interest "journalists" will write....if MLSE can't make the Argos work, nobody can. I call BS. They haven't tried
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    Does anyone believe they should be charging $86.50? MLSE have done nothing to create awareness, brand, sense of excitement, create a fanbase, etc.....Yet they charge that. They need to create demand first. They have owned this team for years now, and have no strategy. Yet when,they say they need to sell the team because there is no interest "journalists" will write....if MLSE can't make the Argos work, nobody can. I call BS. They haven't tried
    Agreed.
    Like I previously stated, however unless I am missing it, there has been nothing on local radio, tv or social media sites for the big game from MLSE?
    When you consider how small the actual ticket department for the team, involving 2 dedicated reps that I know of, you would think this is yet another example of keeping the product and team down several notches on the bottom rung?

Boatman
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    I wouldn’t pay 86 for upper deck. This is spot on.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Agreed.
    Like I previously stated, however unless I am missing it, there has been nothing on local radio, tv or social media sites for the big game from MLSE?
    When you consider how small the actual ticket department for the team, involving 2 dedicated reps that I know of, you would think this is yet another example of keeping the product and team down several notches on the bottom rung?
    Pinball was on SC with Jay Onrrait Monday. I haven’t listened to Toronto sports radio this week, but I would be surprised if they didn’t at least have some segments on the morning show or Matt Cauz’s early afternoon show
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Henoc Muamba was on TSN1050 this morning.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level

Looks like McCoil is coming off the 6 game early (he was added on Nov 5).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Any chance Charleston Hughes gets the nod at DE ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Any chance Charleston Hughes gets the nod at DE ?
    I wouldn't think so, but who knows? Feeney has been better than him and is a killer on kick coverage.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I was able to get a couple upper deck tickets at significant discount. Just mentioned I was season ticket holder when I called in to ARGO's and was no issues. Season tickets are a good deal if you donate or buy extra tickets during the year IMO.

Those seats in the first 5 rows in the upper deck might be the best seats in the stadium so I have no issue with the cost, but I have always thought there should be sections of low cost seats in all CFL stadiums so any fan can attend.

This should be a great game and atmosphere this Sunday. Hope people will try to make it out. Lets go ARRRGOS !!!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Ticats D: D-half Ciante Evans (very good DB talent IMO) was knocked out of the semi vs. the Als - and replaced by Tunde Adeleke, with rookie Katsantonis (impressive young safety talent - good tackler and had a nice pick that game) going in at safety; Evans was listed as limited for practice this week (quad injury), so i wonder if he can't go, would they use Adeleke there or bring in a new import to play D-half? Adeleke is IMO a real good DB talent and he did play D-half quite a bit at Carleton i believe, but still not experienced in the Ticat D there; regardless, if Evans can't go, maybe a spot the Argos can exploit with their passing game ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    With Boateng out, Hagerty not practising is very concerning. We might have no backup NAT DBs, which would force an adjustment in how we use the designated INTs.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    With Boateng out, Hagerty not practising is very concerning. We might have no backup NAT DBs, which would force an adjustment in how we use the designated INTs.
    Strange. Argos had signed Dondre Wright towards the end of October, but he was added to and then removed from the suspended list. I guess Tiggie Sankoh being a Global player would be the guy to fill in at DB if needed in a back up role. Wright has been a pretty good player in this league even starting some with Montreal in the past.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Strange. Argos had signed Dondre Wright towards the end of October, but he was added to and then removed from the suspended list. I guess Tiggie Sankoh being a Global player would be the guy to fill in at DB if needed in a back up role. Wright has been a pretty good player in this league even starting some with Montreal in the past.
    I also suppose they could move McCoil or Edwards back to DB if an injury struck. Let's hope everyone is healthy enough to play heading into Sunday, and stays that way through the game. I would bet Hagerty will be in the lineup, but pretty confident Boateng is done for the year.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Depth chart has martez Ivey starting at RT.

https://twitter.com/TorontoArgos/sta...upSgOwlbg&s=19

We're screwed.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Ivey made one hellacious block in the Edmonton game and seems like a better choice to replace Tate than Coleman, who looked awful in that game. But this will be a trial by fire for him.

Losing both Hagerty and Boateng really hurts as it forces us to dress an extra INT at DB (Decoud) and lose Feeney from ST and d-line rotation. We really need Ray, Law and Smith to have big games at DE.

I guess if McCoil flunks either of his last two tests, either Feeney or Tuggle will replace him. If Richards ends up out, we can move Collins to halfback and start Decoud, with Daniel next man up, I guess. Let's hope MBT, McCoil and Richards are all able to go.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Hamilton is dressing a single backup o-lineman, and their starting centre Darius Ciraco has been reported to be iffy for several weeks. Big risk there. I would never dress just six o-linemen on a roster of 44. (In fact, I would never dress six on a roster of 37.)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Hamilton is dressing a single backup o-lineman, and their starting centre Darius Ciraco has been reported to be iffy for several weeks. Big risk there. I would never dress just six o-linemen on a roster of 44. (In fact, I would never dress six on a roster of 37.)
    The Riders have been doing this all season Paul; I totally agree - risky / dumb; and we've seen the in-game injury situation to O-linemen this season (the Als had several in one game and ended up deploying a D-Lineman for a bit); I never like to see injuries to any players, but it would really teach a team a big lesson if they had 2 in-game injuries to starting O_linemen and only one back-up dressed - especially in a do or die play-off game.

With Hagerty out, Argos have signed (just this week?) former Stamps Canadian DB Adam Thibault - who hasn't played since 2018 (but was a good ST tackler for the Stamps); I guess a Murphy connection ? And hopefully Decoud is a starter - better DB over Richards IMO. Mid season rookie pick-up - DT Ben Marion is dressing; i guess Junior Turner is injured or nicked or something ? - otherwise I do not get why Marion would be in over him.