Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

MBT cameraman run-in and other questions raised during and after the game

I hate to bring this up because the argument usually degenerates into MBT does everything wrong versus MBT can do nothing wrong, but several things have disturbed me since yesterday's game. During the first half of the game, I even commented that MBT was having one of his best first halves However, what I am concerned about started on the sidelines and after the game when I heard reports about MBT having a run-in with a TSN cameraman following the game which he apologized for today. I didn't see, so here is the report on the incident from TSN. The article also covers Chris Edward's clash with a fan.
    https://www.tsn.ca/qb-bethel-thompso...731235?tsn-amp

During the game the TSN sideline reporter said that Patrick Lavoie had come up to MBT to say something to him but MBT who was standing off by himself made it clear without saying a word. he didn't want to talk to him. This is not my ideal of how a QB, whose job is to communicate to other players what needs to be done, interacts with teammates.

At another point in the game, an Argo player took a dumb swin at an opposing player after the play was over, thereby getting a costly penalty. My concern is not that. It was what Dinwiddie did as the player came off the field. He shoved his shoulder hard into the player as he left. No one on TV commented on this but it was clear and it was obvious that Dinwiddie was angry. I get why. My concern is there is an awful lot of anger on this team IMO that is barely suppressed. I think it sometimes gets in the way of performance. In addition, the HC, as team leader and the QB, as head of the offence, have to be models of how you channel that anger constructively, not examples of acting out.

There have been notoriously bad-ass teams who win championships while displaying such attitudes, but typically those teams have large fan bases that ensure they have the money to buy another star when someone goes too far and needs to be replaced and can afford to crow about how bad-ass they are.

This team cannot afford to make more media enemies through bad judgement and poor behaviour. God knows it already has enough media enemies.

I am glad MBT apologized. Dinwiddie needs to ensure that his behaviour is promoting aggressive but controlled play. Edwards has to be told to keep his emotions channelled towards game action and not just for the fight. Even on the bench he sometimes looks so wound up he is about to go off.

The Argos are lucky to have the greatest communicator in sports I have ever seen in Pinball to help build and maintain support. They need more of his approach in dealing with the public, although I realize you cannot expect others to be Pinball.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    IMO a lot of this goes back to the fateful decision to send MBT (and four others) to the Raptors game. That put the starting QB in an impossible position, and ruined any chance he had of a normal week of prep. A few days earlier in the week, he apparently had a conversation with his old teammate Ricky Ray, who told him to stick to his usual routine all week. Good luck with that when you are suddenly banned from attending team facilities two days before the most important game of the year, and your name is being mentioned on every TV and radio station in the country. Given that, I am not surprised MBT was pissed off at the end of the game. That doesn't excuse him bumping into a camera operator or not speaking to the media afterwards (altho the latter decision was spozedly made up the ladder), but I would not be the least bit surprised if MBT feels hung out to dry by the org, and eager to look elsewhere for his next contract.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    but I would not be the least bit surprised if MBT feels hung out to dry by the org, and eager to look elsewhere for his next contract.
    I have this fear too Paul. At least he owned up to his actions and apologized at yesterday's presser. He's a different Cat for sure, and he definitely wasn't open about his coming back next year, but he speaks in more of a one day at a time in life philosophical way, so impossible to really know what his feelings are. I definitely want him back. He's improved every year he has played in this league, and I would like to see Chad Kelly signed to see if he can eventually be the man to replace him. At least compete with Cole McDonald and Pipkin for that.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I don't personally don't care about this. Social media seems to have gone crazy over it.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I have this fear too Paul. At least he owned up to his actions and apologized at yesterday's presser. He's a different Cat for sure, and he definitely wasn't open about his coming back next year, but he speaks in more of a one day at a time in life philosophical way, so impossible to really know what his feelings are. I definitely want him back. He's improved every year he has played in this league, and I would like to see Chad Kelly signed to see if he can eventually be the man to replace him. At least compete with Cole McDonald and Pipkin for that.
    Nobody was being very committal on Monday. Pinball said his job is to look for players who are better than what they currently have at every position, including QB, while MBT didn't want to address coming back either. There may or may not be much to read into those comments but I really hope MBT is back in 2022.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I don't personally don't care about this. Social media seems to have gone crazy over it.
    Likely due to the other post-game incidents.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022