Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Potential O-Line for next season:

I wonder if vet Blake will return and still be effective ? (i wouldn't count on it); young Nicastro could be a lock and maybe all-star type at C? Holdovers - Bladek, Richards, Giffen, Churchill - could 2 of them man the guard spots well ? Will Jamal Campbell bounce back healthy and improving to hold down an OT spot? Will last year's draft pick Sage Doxtator show up and be able to compete for a starting spot (OT or OG)? - he may draw some NFL interest? Also the remote possibility that former draft pick Ryan Hunter runs out of NFL opportunity (on the Chargers PR last i heard) and shows up - wether he could make an impact is a question though? Could also address O-Line via the draft again - some very good prospects coming up IMO. And if the decision is go with one (or two even) import O-Linemen, time to bring in some new talent for TC - the guys they used this year were not good enough IMO.

Like the possibility of an all Canadian O-Line, but that should not be pre-determined thinking.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Also the remote possibility that former draft pick Ryan Hunter runs out of NFL opportunity (on the Chargers PR last i heard) and shows up - wether he could make an impact is a question though?
    I'd say it's beyond remote. Under the current CBA, the most he can sign for is $65,000/year for two years. Can't see any way he agrees to that after making something like triple that amount for the past three years on NFL practice rosters.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I'd say it's beyond remote. Under the current CBA, the most he can sign for is $65,000/year for two years. Can't see any way he agrees to that after making something like triple that amount for the past three years on NFL practice rosters.

Perhaps, but there are plenty of Canadian players who have come home from lengthy NFL tours to play in the CFL; Stefan Charles with Ottawa this season is a recent example and he made way more than Hunter in the NFL since he actually played quite a bit. Some guys - maybe not a lot of them who got the NFL shot - might still have the desire to play football (and better chance to actually play than sitting on an NFL PR), and maybe some pride in playing in the pro league in their own country.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Of course the CBA does expire in May. I'm sure the PA will push to have this amended.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Potential O-Line for next season:

I wonder if vet Blake will return and still be effective ? (i wouldn't count on it); young Nicastro could be a lock and maybe all-star type at C? Holdovers - Bladek, Richards, Giffen, Churchill - could 2 of them man the guard spots well ? Will Jamal Campbell bounce back healthy and improving to hold down an OT spot? Will last year's draft pick Sage Doxtator show up and be able to compete for a starting spot (OT or OG)? - he may draw some NFL interest? Also the remote possibility that former draft pick Ryan Hunter runs out of NFL opportunity (on the Chargers PR last i heard) and shows up - wether he could make an impact is a question though? Could also address O-Line via the draft again - some very good prospects coming up IMO. And if the decision is go with one (or two even) import O-Linemen, time to bring in some new talent for TC - the guys they used this year were not good enough IMO.

Like the possibility of an all Canadian O-Line, but that should not be pre-determined thinking.
    Bladek to me was all star caliber this year. When he was out, it really showed. I would like to see Bladek and Richards as the starters at G next year. I would also like to see them sign Blake to be the main back up o-lineman. Very valuable as he can play C, G and T. Perfect for a back up.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Bladek to me was all star caliber this year. When he was out, it really showed. I would like to see Bladek and Richards as the starters at G next year. I would also like to see them sign Blake to be the main back up o-lineman. Very valuable as he can play C, G and T. Perfect for a back up.
    Yeah - be real nice if Blake could return as an experienced vet who could play a back-up role, plus teach/lead the young guys.

Bladek might be just coming into his own as a top CFL O-Lineman, but like to see it in a full season.

Richards struggled lots in pass pro IMO; huge guy who might be a road grader in the run game, but this O is not going to lean on a ground game.

I think they should use the top draft pick on whoever they see grading out as the top interior guy - maybe get another young guy who can start right away like Nicastro; not sure there is another big priority in the draft - though it is a very good crop IMO at both safety and DE (get a guy who can team with Robbie Smith to have DE a National starter spot); and a stud, play-maker safety would be nice to find
    Last edited by OV Argo; 12-07-2021 at 09:36 PM.